http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 11:54:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halloween! Is anyone playing horror games?  (Read 569 times)
Dante Rising
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2011, 11:26:31 PM »

Halloween!  To get into the spirit of the season, I've been watching a few horror movies, and tonight I decided to play a game or two dedicated to the season. Unfortunately, Silent Hill: Downpour, and the Silent Hill HD collection haven't been released yet, so I decided to revisit Alan Wake.

I know the game had mixed reviews, but I was a fan. I strongly recommend the downloadable content to anyone who enjoyed the original game. I purchased it yesterday, and am pleasantly surprised by how it surpasses several of the memorable moments in the original game. There aren't any new enemies, but Remedy still had a few tricks up their sleeves.

After I complete the Alan Wake DLC, I'll move over to the newly released Infamous Halloween content.

Is anyone else putting a brief hiatus on their normal games for Halloween content?  In terms of my favorites, the hierarchy is:

1) Fatal Frame
2) Silent Hill
3) Dead Space
4) Alan Wake
5) Siren (The PSN episodic content is amazingly bizarre)
6) Kuon
7) Resident Evil
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:56:48 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:39:52 AM »

Battlefield 3....it has Horrorible servers Tongue

Fatal Frame is a great game,however its called Project Zero here,which is a crap name icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 04:01:02 AM »

Bought Dead Space 2 on sale at Steam, and yeah, it's good.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 04:36:27 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 30, 2011, 02:39:52 AM

Battlefield 3....it has Horrorible servers Tongue

Fatal Frame is a great game,however its called Project Zero here,which is a crap name icon_biggrin

The latest version was only for the Wii, and not even released in America. I would love to see an HD Fatal Frame.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 06:59:32 AM »

I bought Amnesia over the steam christmas sale just to play for this week/weekend.

Epic 4g/Tapatalk

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 01:15:22 PM »

I've been playing the InFamous vampire DLC.

I was looking forward to visiting Calendar Man tomorrow in Arkham City, but we lost power in the storm and have no estimate on its return (thousands are in the same boat). 

Scary.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Inverarity
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »

I'm trying to remember that game where you played a sort of van helsing-like character and went through four acts to kill various vampire baddies. It was 3rd person, your character had a pair of pistols and there was an on-screen aiming line. At the time (probably 2000 / 2001 ??) it was known for its graphics (particularly its shadows...and the way your character's outfit looked). I want to say it started with an N but I can't recall. Any thoughts? It was a "horror" game, for sure.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »

Quote from: Inverarity on October 30, 2011, 06:40:23 PM

I'm trying to remember that game where you played a sort of van helsing-like character and went through four acts to kill various vampire baddies. It was 3rd person, your character had a pair of pistols and there was an on-screen aiming line. At the time (probably 2000 / 2001 ??) it was known for its graphics (particularly its shadows...and the way your character's outfit looked). I want to say it started with an N but I can't recall. Any thoughts? It was a "horror" game, for sure.

Nocturne.  I loved that game.

Epic 4g/Tapatalk

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 07:06:43 PM »

Quote from: Pyperkub on October 30, 2011, 06:57:40 PM

I remember the Blair Witch crossover they did.  I'd love to see the Nocturne story continued, it ended with a big cliffhanger IIRC.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »

Epic 4g/Tapatalk

Great game. Wasn't your agency called The Spookhouse?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 07:54:45 PM »

thumbsup for both Nocturne and the Blair Witch games.  I wish GOG had those, but I remember them being particularly finicky.

Weren't the same people involved in Bloodrayne, or am I just merging similar concepts?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Inverarity
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 08:03:59 PM »

Nocturne!!! Oh thank you thank you, the name has been bugging me for a week now.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 08:38:05 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 30, 2011, 07:54:45 PM

thumbsup for both Nocturne and the Blair Witch games.  I wish GOG had those, but I remember them being particularly finicky.

Weren't the same people involved in Bloodrayne, or am I just merging similar concepts?

yep, Terminal Reality.  IIRC an item from Nocturne appears in Bloodrayne.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 06:05:25 AM »

I played through Dead Space 2 a few weeks ago so I'm not feeling like playing a new horror game. I'm thinking of playing Costume Quest tomorrow tonight since it's on Steam now.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 06:10:41 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 30, 2011, 07:06:43 PM

I remember the Blair Witch crossover they did.  I'd love to see the Nocturne story continued, it ended with a big cliffhanger IIRC.

Huge cliffhanger.  The main character was so cool too, sucks they didn't continue.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 01:55:42 PM »

I played a little Amnesia yesterday.  I'm planning on playing a bit more tomorrow night in celebration of the holiday...while dressed as Wonder Woman.  Gotta have a costume on Halloween, right?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »

Silent Hill has finally arrived on EU PSN store,so i have just bought that

(and for some reason the 297mb is taking over an hour to download,WTF is wrong with the Store servers?)

I also saw Legacy of Kain:Soul Reaver,i loved that series,and hopefully the rumours of them rebooting are true

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 30, 2011, 08:38:05 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 30, 2011, 07:54:45 PM

yep, Terminal Reality.  IIRC an item from Nocturne appears in Bloodrayne.

Bloodrayne was actually based on Svetlana from Nocturne.  I think some of Bloodrayne was also based on what Nocturne 2 was supposed to be (but I never played Bloodrayne).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: