http://gamingtrend.com
December 23, 2014, 04:40:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Half-Life: Blue Shift released via Steam  (Read 1663 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2005, 02:45:13 AM »

Some recent announcements from Valve's Steam service:
Steam Client Update Available
August 29, 2005, 3:50 pm · Alfred Reynolds

Updates to the Steam Client have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Steam Client

Added Half-Life: Blue Shift game and desktop icon

Fixed HTML control sometimes drawing incorrect scrollbar

Updated required driver versions for Source games

Added support for Half-Life 1: HiDef model pack. To install the model package, click on the install link below while Steam is running:
steam://installaddon/halflifehd

To uninstall the HD Pack, click on this link:
steam://removeaddon/halflifehd

Half-Life: Blue Shift released on Steam
August 24, 2005, 2:40 pm · Alfred Reynolds

Half-Life: Blue Shift is now playable for anyone that owns the Half-Life Premier Pack, the Half-Life 2 Silver package, or the Half-Life 2 Gold package.

Booyah!  Even though it was short (~7 hours iirc) I loved Blue Shift.  Plus it gave us the High-Definition pack which updated the character models and (I think) the weapon models in the original Half-Life, Blue Shift and Opposing Force.

Well we now have the HD pack for the older titles but, sadly, it's not for HL: Source.  I'm not sure why either.

But Blue Shift for free (I bought the Silver pack a year ago) is mighty cool!  I need to get me a Barney fix!

Note: when you have Steam running and you click on the link above the game will update Half-Life, Blue Shift and Opposing Force with the HD Pack.  You know it's installed when you right click on the game in your "Play Games" window, go to Properties and it should say Ready to Play, HD pack enabled.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 03:52:59 AM »

Cool! Might try it some time, I enjoyed it when it first came out.
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 08:42:51 AM »

I finally tracked down my original HL serial # and was able to get Blue Shift and Op Force, which was nice considering I never got a chance to play either and they're both free.  It's interesting to get the Steam windows popping up every now and again but I don't mind.  I was about twenty minutes into Op Force when something glitched and I got stuck and couldn't move.  I used the console to restart and now, I dont' have any weapons and everything's sort of stuck and I never bothered to save.  Oh well.  Guess I'll be starting over again.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 01:36:09 PM »

I recall beating Blue Shift in about four to five hours and sitting there saying, "What the hell? That's it?!?!" Fun, especially where you "intersect" with the main storyline, but too short for what I initially paid for it.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 09:48:35 PM »

Thank goodness!  I can finally uninstall my original HL directory with all the addons.  The only reason I kept it was so I could go back and play Blue Shift again.

Which, now that I think about it, was not something I was ever going to do. :lol:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 02:27:24 AM »

Just to warn you if you haven't played before (which I haven't):  remember those lovely Xen jumping levels?  They're back.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Baron Of Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 05:08:00 AM »

I liked Xen myself.

GoneGold refugee, needs food and place to stay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: