http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 08:07:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Half Life 2: Episode 2... Oct 9th  (Read 1590 times)
unbreakable
« on: June 16, 2007, 04:59:14 AM »

From Shacknews:

Valve Confirms Episode Two, Team Fortress 2 Launch Date [12:16 am]
239 Comments - Chris Remo
Last night, Valve representatives confirmed to Shacknews that the studio's upcoming trio of Source-powered games will ship for all announced platforms on October 9, 2007. The suite, sold at retail and through Valve's Steam download service, will consist of the shooter sequel Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the team-based multiplayer game Team Fortress 2, and the action/puzzle game Portal. Valve is handling development of the games on PC and Xbox 360, with EA UK's Chertsey, Surrey office bringing the titles to PlayStation 3.

Shacknews has had extensive hands-on time with all three upcoming games. Check out our Half-Life 2: Episode Two preview and out Portal preview, and check back next week for impressions of Team Fortress 2.

Today's news follows rumors originating last month that the PlayStation 3 versions of the games would be delayed into 2008. Valve's Doug Lombardi noted to Shacknews that development has been progressing well on all three platforms.

Electronic Arts is distributing the games at retail as a package entitled Half-Life 2: The Orange Box, which also includes the original Half-Life 2 and last year's Half-Life 2: Episode One. It will sell for $49.99 on PC and $59.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Previously, the company intended to sell a slimmer package, The Black Box, which would not include Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2: Episode One, but those plans were cancelled last month. It is expected that Steam customers will retain the option to purchase only the newly-released games.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 05:14:32 AM »

I have until then to get my computer up and running...

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 05:16:41 AM »

I'm so there... the real question is do I want it on 360 or PC.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 05:20:32 AM »

All things being equal, I would go with PC.  That way you can run any mods people make.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 05:34:55 AM »

Would like to pick this up, but considering that every other game I'm interested in hits about the same time... going to take a pass until later on it.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »

16 months after the first episode...they should have just called them expansion packs and be done with it. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 02:48:51 PM »

Very nice..its about time-and gives me just enough time to replay HL2 +Ep1 on my new monster rig (which will likely be just above average when this comes out!)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 03:17:19 PM »

I'll probably grab Episode 2 off of Steam if they have it seperately.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 01:07:29 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 16, 2007, 06:39:00 AM

16 months after the first episode...they should have just called them expansion packs and be done with it. 

Yeah, it's been way too long between episodes. I thought they were supposed to release every 6 months. Is this episode supposed to be much longer than the first?

Sean Lama
Space Herpes
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 05:21:26 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on June 17, 2007, 01:07:29 AM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 16, 2007, 06:39:00 AM

Yeah, it's been way too long between episodes. I thought they were supposed to release every 6 months. Is this episode supposed to be much longer than the first?

The commentary for episode one tipped me off that it might take a while to make episode two.  Valve is willing to trash, re-create and re-invision levels if they don't meet a certain level of quality.  I'm definately looking forward to the new content and what Valve is going to do with portal in their future games.

See the Mr. Sticky Show!
http://one.revver.com/watch/261625
unbreakable
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 04:49:09 PM »

I'm getting this primarily for TF2, but am looking forward to everything else as well.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 10:06:28 PM »

I was looking forward to Team Fortress 2, until they cancelled the bots. (Turning it into a cartoon-like game didn't help much either, IMO)

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 03:25:52 AM »

Team Fortress has always been a cartoon game.  Otherwise, it'd just be another generic military shooter.
unbreakable
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 04:46:25 AM »

I don't have a problem with TF2 either.  My only concern was that the classes are distinct enough from each other that I can tell them apart.  This seems to fit the bill.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 06:55:41 AM »

bad timing.  it'll be a steam purchase for me, but i don't know when i'll play it.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 09:20:53 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 18, 2007, 03:25:52 AM

Team Fortress has always been a cartoon game.  Otherwise, it'd just be another generic military shooter.

I think you are referring to the gameplay, while he was referring to the graphics?

Sean Lama
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 01:39:58 AM »

I'm referring to both.  The graphics to TF has always been cartoonish, same for the graphics.  Although back then they had little choice but to make the graphics cartoonishly stylized.
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 07:54:01 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 19, 2007, 01:39:58 AM

I'm referring to both.  The graphics to TF has always been cartoonish, same for the graphics.  Although back then they had little choice but to make the graphics cartoonishly stylized.
I'm not sure I understand...The graphics have always been cartoonish, same for the graphics?

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 09:08:25 PM »

Day 1, assuming I can buy it through Steam without having to pay a premium for games I already own.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: