http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 08:01:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Half life 2 and pants pooping. Funny story with Spoilers.  (Read 1545 times)
scubabbl
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2004, 12:25:58 AM »

So, I finally cracked down and bought half life 2. I was waiting until next month, but damn I just couldn't wait.

I have to say, I didn't have a single problem with steam. The game downloaded over night, along with the rest of the stuff I got (silver pack), and I was able to play right away.

Graphically, the game is freaking amazing. Way better than Doom III, atleast to me. The reason is as was stated so elequently, "Doom III has awsome graphics if you consider black a graphic."  Half life 2 is much more vibrant and alive.

Anyway, on to the most awsome pants shitting story ever. Im not bullshitting, all of this is true.

I finally made it to Ravenhwhatever area and what a freaking awesome, atmoshpheric level it is, holy cow, The best ever.  It was around 12:30am. I have been playing through the level is one sitting and  I was totally into it. The lights are out, everyone is asleep, I have my headphones on, and Im in the zone. I battle my way through to the point where the reverand is sending the car up to me so I can get over to the church. All of a sudden those monsters howl, I can see them running around, and all the pipes start to shake. I know they are coming up from almost every direction. My health is low, and running low on ammo, the monsters are howling, all the pipes are shaking, I know they are coming, shaking getting louder, louder, LOUDER...

and then, some son of a bitch knocks hard on my front door. I nearly shit my pants and threw my wireless mouse at the door. Lucky for me it landed short and hit the carpet no worse for wear ( can't throw very well right handed). I thought it was the game, but the pounding on the door woke my wife up. When I looked through the peep hole, nobody was there.  I live in a small condo in Hawaii, so it wasn't a distant knock, the door was about 15 feet from me. Holy crap. Probably some punk ass kids.
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 12:37:12 AM »

HAHA, thats a great story smile  I can relate to the punk ass kids knocking on the door.  About once a month if I am up past midnight some retard knocks on my door.  I always go to check it out and no one is ever there.
I'm glad to hear that you are having so much fun though!  It only gets better from where you are!

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 01:02:44 AM »

i once had a guy knock on our apartment door at 2:00 am and asked if could use our phone.  wth?!  i wasn't about to go opening the door on him, as you never know.  he didn't even sound urgent, like in an accident or something.  he sounded bored, like he really didn't want to make up a reason for me to let him in.   creepy enough as it is, i couldn't imagine it happening at that part in ravenholm.  i probably would have looked for my gravity gun to through the table at him.  

damn nutty when games and strange coincidences happen like that.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Goonch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 02:57:35 PM »

That is one freakin awesome level!!!
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 02:59:26 PM »

Those leaping, howling, fast, and skinless zombies give me the willies.... :?
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 03:02:15 PM »

IMO, those are the worst part, they're too fast and jumpy to reliably nail with a sawblade.

Have fun in the mine!

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 03:32:58 PM »

I almost lost it during that level too.  Those fast ones actually give me the shivers...  

As I said in another thread, my cat jumped onto my leg on another level about the same time a head crab jumped at me.  I actually shrieked...

What a great game!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 06:31:12 PM »

Quote from: "Atragon"
IMO, those are the worst part, they're too fast and jumpy to reliably nail with a sawblade.

a shotgun blast to the face really slows them down though slywink
one of my favorite moments in that area was when i did manage to catch one with a sawblade.  the zombie was bounding across the rooftops and took a leap straight at me from a higher building.  i saw it coming the whole time and waited until it was airborn, then let the sawblade fly...the blade sliced it in half in mid-air a good distance away, but the zombies forward momentum caused both halves to land right at my feet.  that was probably one of my coolest moments in Ravenholm Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 09:19:15 PM »

No doubt, for me it was when I was down to just the gravity gun and whatever random objects I could find... that was scary. (I messed up at one point and managed to lose my sawblade, then got swarmed and didn't have any lethal tossables handy)

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 12:17:01 AM »

I'm at that part now, and just had a funny moment. You know those whirly-blade things in the middle of the road that you can turn on .. I turned this one on, and it got one kill then the blade flew off, so I started using the loose blade as a weapon.  On one shot, I fired the big blade thing and it cut a zombie in half but the blade hit the wall behind him, and shot back past me, hit another wall behind me, then careened right back into me, KILLING ME.

LOL. physics rule thumbsup
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 01:10:51 AM »

Quote from: "Jeff Jones"
I'm at that part now, and just had a funny moment. You know those whirly-blade things in the middle of the road that you can turn on .. I turned this one on, and it got one kill then the blade flew off, so I started using the loose blade as a weapon.  On one shot, I fired the big blade thing and it cut a zombie in half but the blade hit the wall behind him, and shot back past me, hit another wall behind me, then careened right back into me, KILLING ME.

LOL. physics rule thumbsup

i had a similar situation, except i had a sawblade bounce back.  that's when i learned that they don't always stick in the walls...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: