http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 12:56:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guitar Hero IV rumors  (Read 4052 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2008, 07:15:52 PM »

Well, this could get interesting:

Guitar Hero IV rumored to have mic, drum kit, weekly DLC

Discuss.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »

Sing with me now! 

Anything you can do, I can (try to) do better also!

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 07:18:41 PM »

They have to prove to me they can make decent note charts before I will buy another Guitar Hero.  Also, I have invested a good deal in Rock Band, so not sure I would want to have another thing like it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:36:55 PM »

It's going to blow up in their face. GH is dead. LONG LIVE 1 and 2!!!

There is no way Activion/Neversoft can win this. RB is established. HMX is established. And from interviews it sounds like HMX has bands just lining up to get their songs in some DLC. It's long been proven Activion can't/won't deliver the DLC. I don't understand what they hope to accomplish by blatantly ripping off rock band and you know they won't add anything new. Well ok, we'll get stupid lame "band battles" and charts that make no sense, but nothing else. Personally I don't care. GH is dead unless HMX picks it back up. And frankly, I hope they don't. RB is far too much fun.

You know what's even funnier? In an interview at 1up, they asked about imitators like rock band, HAHAHHA. WTF is wrong with 1up. They are descending into a katoku like state.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 07:50:56 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on April 22, 2008, 07:36:55 PM

It's going to blow up in their face. GH is dead. LONG LIVE 1 and 2!!!

There is no way Activion/Neversoft can win this. RB is established. HMX is established. And from interviews it sounds like HMX has bands just lining up to get their songs in some DLC. It's long been proven Activion can't/won't deliver the DLC. I don't understand what they hope to accomplish by blatantly ripping off rock band and you know they won't add anything new. Well ok, we'll get stupid lame "band battles" and charts that make no sense, but nothing else. Personally I don't care. GH is dead unless HMX picks it back up. And frankly, I hope they don't. RB is far too much fun.

You know what's even funnier? In an interview at 1up, they asked about imitators like rock band, HAHAHHA. WTF is wrong with 1up. They are descending into a katoku like state.

GH is dead?  Hardly.  I think you're wildly underestimating the cache of the Guitar Hero name.  Even though Rock Band is the superior game in nearly ever single regard, GHIII outsells it by a wide margin.  IIRC, GHIII was the worldwide leader in game revenue for last year (CoD4 lead in units sold, but GHIII brought in the most $$).  I think RB is gaining a lot of momentum, but to Joe Casualgamer, GH is still the name they recognize and buy.

Personally, I think this is a good thing.  Having direct competition will force Harmonix to step up their game and deliver more quality DLC and innovate even further on Rock Band 2.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 07:57:53 PM »

I hardly think HMX needs competition to keep things fresh. When have they let us down? Ok, GH2 dlc on the 360, but honestly all their games are solid. I've played their games since frequency back in the day and they've all been fun.

You can't compare a game that costs 90 to one that is 60 and say it's the best seller like that lol. Obviously if CoD4 sold more units it did better. If gh3 was 60 it wouldn't have matter, obviously. So that point is pretty much moot.

If you read scorehero you'll see a lot of players are not like the direction of GH series now. I agree. Random stupid notes does not make the game fun. Your argument about not knowing RB would've held up in say, oh november. But not now. Now RB is as household of a name as their once GH series is. I think it is you who are overestimating GH here and underestimating RB at this point. The game is still selling and with the constant DLC it's not going anywhere.

Anecdote. all my friends I know who played GH as well hated 3. Yeah, not a huge sample, but it goes along with what i've been reading on forums and stuff too. It's dying. This stupid Aerosmith GH is such a reach it's not even funny. will it sell? DURRRR. I would be stupid and lying to say it won't. However, units sold!=good game. I think the industry has proven that and no examples are needed.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 07:59:11 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on April 22, 2008, 07:57:53 PM

I hardly think HMX needs competition to keep things fresh. When have they let us down?

Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s?
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 08:06:21 PM »

Competition is always good for the consumer.  Would you prefer Guitar Hero to go away?  For me if GH IV allows you to play drums/vocals and has better songs (Led Zeppelin???) than Rock Band, I would buy it.  Whats' wrong with more of a good thing?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:08:31 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 08:08:11 PM »

You can't compare a game that costs 90 to one that is 60 and say it's the best seller like that lol. Obviously if CoD4 sold more units it did better. If gh3 was 60 it wouldn't have matter, obviously. So that point is pretty much moot.

I only brought that up to prove how wildly popular the Guitar Hero name is.  The fact of the matter is that GHIII is one of the top 2-3 selling games in the entire industry, while Rock Band is not.  It has nothing to do with quality of the game, but sales do make a statement about buying trends of the general public.  That's why I think the "Guitar Hero is dead" statements sound a bit silly at this point.

Your argument about not knowing RB would've held up in say, oh november. But not now. Now RB is as household of a name as their once GH series is. I think it is you who are overestimating GH here and underestimating RB at this point. The game is still selling and with the constant DLC it's not going anywhere.

We'll have to agree to disagree, I suppose.  I love Rock Band and think it is by far the better game.  However, I think the casual gamer (i.e. none of us) still thinks that Guitar Hero is the game to get, and the sales numbers bear that out.  I don't think Rock Band has reached nearly the 'household name' status that GH has.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 08:19:21 PM »

Here's some info on the March sales for Guitar Hero III and Rock Band:

Quote from: IGN
Guitar Hero 3 continues to top the NPD charts, coming in third if you combine all SKUs: more than 631,000 units sold in March, with the Wii version being the number one edition by selling 264,000 units last month. And Rock Band still keeps the show going: more than 300,000 units of the game sold last month.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 08:50:07 PM »

Competition is good....plus these music games are fun!!
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 08:54:52 PM »

It's hard to make sense of the sales comparisons.

GHIII is available for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii.  It comes in two flavors, with and without guitar.  It has a legacy.. those who bought GH and GH2 (and 2.5) will have tried out 3; it was the first in the series by Neversoft, so no-one knew which way it's style would play out. Many people already had 1 or 2 guitars that worked with it.

Rock Band came out for the PS3 and Xbox 360 first, with the PS2 version following much later. There's much less of a legacy for it. No-one had drum kits sitting around. So for most it's a $160 item. There is no Wii version yet (Wii is the best selling version for GH3.)

... I think the sales of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith will be more telling.  If it sells well then GH has a future, if not, it's probably a dead franchise.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 09:01:52 PM »

Quote from: Bob on April 22, 2008, 08:54:52 PM

It's hard to make sense of the sales comparisons.

GHIII is available for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii.  It comes in two flavors, with and without guitar.  It has a legacy.. those who bought GH and GH2 (and 2.5) will have tried out 3; it was the first in the series by Neversoft, so no-one knew which way it's style would play out. Many people already had 1 or 2 guitars that worked with it.

Rock Band came out for the PS3 and Xbox 360 first, with the PS2 version following much later. There's much less of a legacy for it. No-one had drum kits sitting around. So for most it's a $160 item. There is no Wii version yet (Wii is the best selling version for GH3.)

... I think the sales of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith will be more telling.  If it sells well then GH has a future, if not, it's probably a dead franchise.

GH3 continues to sell well month in and month out (as the IGN numbers for March indicate).  If word of mouth was really that poor then it would have dropped off far more than it has.  It's very clear that "hardcore" players prefer Rock Band and I'd venture to say that most regular players would prefer Rock Band if they actually played it.  But I think for most people (ie the millions of people who buy these things, not the hundreds of thousands on messageboards) GH3 is perfectly acceptable for their needs. 

Which isn't to say that Rock Band hasn't been an enormous sales success, especially at that price point.  But at this point it's clear that both franchises can easily stay viable for quite some time to come. 

Also, I wouldn't look to GH: Aerosmith for trends- the general public can generally sniff out spin-off from main game.  Rock the 80s did well but nowhere on the level of the "core" games in the series. I expect Aerosmith to be the same. 
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on April 22, 2008, 07:18:41 PM

They have to prove to me they can make decent note charts before I will buy another Guitar Hero.

That's the clincher for me. I think GH3's original set list is better than RB's in terms of actual songs, but GH3's note charts were pretty awful all-around. The big example for me was Knights of Cydonia, which is a song I love, but hated playing in the game. It just wasn't any fun.

I'm not sure I will even buy GH4 because the previous incarnations weren't worth the price for how much I played them, but I may be enticed if they've got particularly good song choices (and good charts to go along with them).
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 09:14:29 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 22, 2008, 09:01:52 PM

Also, I wouldn't look to GH: Aerosmith for trends- the general public can generally sniff out spin-off from main game.  Rock the 80s did well but nowhere on the level of the "core" games in the series. I expect Aerosmith to be the same. 

I agree, especially since the Aerosmith version is even more niche than the Rock the 80's.  The 80's version at least had songs from different bands and genres, while the Aerosmith game caters to one group only:  the hard-core Aerosmith fan.  I wouldn't read anything into it's sales numbers at all, except as a possible predictor of future Aerosmith album sales.

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 09:33:26 PM »

Quote from: Bob on April 22, 2008, 08:54:52 PM

A couple of things:

The PS2 version came out less than a month after the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, so "much later" is a bit of a stretch.

You could purchase Rock Band solo and use a GH guitar and mic.  You wouldn't have been able to play drums, but if people wanted to see how the game played with the guitars and wait to purchase the drum kit later, that option was available.  I doubt that many solo copies were sold, but I don't think that we've seen the sales between the Special Edition and solo edition broken down.

I also have a hard time seeing the Wii version of RB having astronomical sales.  While there will be those that won't care, the Wii version doesn't have many of the features of the Xbox 360 and PS3.  The most notable of this is the DLC.  Those that care about DLC probably have purchased the Xbox 360 or PS3 version already.  I still don't see a lot of Wii owners purchasing a game that costs 2/3 the price of the console they have.

I will say that Neversoft did a good job considering the time they had (one year).  Now they have another year under their belts and I'm sure they are taking complaints into consideration.  Besides, only the truly hardcore get to the expert level.  I doubt that most casual gamers delve much into the Hard difficulty.  I wouldn't count them out, and I really think that both will be successful into the future.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 09:56:30 PM by Graham » Logged

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »

Quote from: Graham on April 22, 2008, 09:33:26 PM

I also have a hard time seeing the Wii version of GH having astronomical sales. 

I assume you mean the Wii version of Rock Band?

Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 09:55:56 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 22, 2008, 07:59:11 PM

I hardly think HMX needs competition to keep things fresh. When have they let us down?
How so?  It can't be the engine or interface since it was a reskinned GH2.  The note charts were solid with a few great ones.  Admittedly, I didn't get further than hard, but that's where I stop having fun even on Rock Band.  The only weakness was the song list.  I thought that was more influenced by time and budget restraints.  Several of the songs in there surprised me by being fun to play even though I hadn't heard of them.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 09:56:54 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 22, 2008, 09:35:46 PM

Quote from: Graham on April 22, 2008, 09:33:26 PM

I also have a hard time seeing the Wii version of GH having astronomical sales. 

I assume you mean the Wii version of Rock Band?

Yeah, that's what I meant.  I've updated my post.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 10:15:14 PM »

Quote from: Hrothgar on April 22, 2008, 09:55:56 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 22, 2008, 07:59:11 PM

How so?  It can't be the engine or interface since it was a reskinned GH2.  The note charts were solid with a few great ones.  Admittedly, I didn't get further than hard, but that's where I stop having fun even on Rock Band.  The only weakness was the song list.  I thought that was more influenced by time and budget restraints.  Several of the songs in there surprised me by being fun to play even though I hadn't heard of them.

Don't know, I never played it.  But the reaction to it was certainly lukewarm, to put it mildly. 
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 10:16:37 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 22, 2008, 10:15:14 PM

Don't know, I never played it.  But the reaction to it was certainly lukewarm, to put it mildly. 

I played it and it wasn't that great.  I love 80s rock music, but they just didn't pick the greatest of songs.

Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 10:21:31 PM »

GH Rocks the 80s was a rushed job by Harmonix made to fulfill a contract, and was made while the majority of the development team was working on Rock Band. The only thing "wrong" with the game is really the price of the game - however, when compared with the price of DLC for Guitar Hero, it feels ok. I never purchased it, but for a rental it was good fun for a weekend or two.

As far as Guitar Hero 4 including a Drum kit and singing - bring it on! More Rock Band is always a good thing. However, considering the crap PR move that Red Octane / Activision did with GH3 (you have to buy OUR guitar to play our game) I can only see them forcing the consumer to buy a new drum kit and a new microphone to play, that will be intentionally incompatable with Rock Band. I can't justify having a second drum kit in my basement - and if you're forced to purchase new hardware then the game will surely fail.

Of course, Activision once reportedly had this to say about Rock Band:

Asked how the company felt about impending competition by the end of the year, referring to Harmonix and MTV Games' Rock Band, company officials took a curious stance in saying that it "wasn't surprising that [the franchise] has attracted imitators" -- seeming to imply that Harmonix was somehow now simply imitating the game it had itself helped build.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:31:07 PM by DragonFyre » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 12:38:12 AM »

so, how much harder are they going to make GH4?  Maybe they can steal some guys from RARE to help with the difficulty.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 08:31:52 AM »

Also, regarding sales of GH and RB, bear in mind that europe hasnt gotten ANY RB love yet, and probably wont for the foreseable future, while we've had RB for a while.

RB will suffer in Europe though, due to its extreme pricetag. To use a chicken-standard, the price is in Denmark is 1/7 of a normal monthly paycheck.

But, I for one look forward to RB here, and also GH4 , since competition in ANY business is always good. without it, suits will think more money, less consumerlove...

A new one
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 08:44:58 AM »

It's also an opportunity for GH4 to one up Rock Band, perhaps by making the drum set better somehow.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 01:00:44 PM »

You really can't compare RB and GH3 sales.  GH is available on more platforms and you could use your GH2 guitar with it.  I purchased GH3 and it cost me $50 and I imagine a lot of folks were able to do the same.  You really wouldn't purchase RB without the full instrument set - it entirely defeats the purpose.  As such, it costs $160 - almost half the price of the console itself. 

I don't mind Red Octane and Activision trying to do the rock band thing.  Just after the mediocre GH3, I have little confidence that they'll be able to pull it off well.  I think you'll see a lot of fence-sitters if they roll out a $150-$200 GH4 package.  The note charts are going to have to be vastly improved.  The one thing in their favor is that they may have better hardware, which is RB's weak spot.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 01:03:04 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on April 23, 2008, 01:00:44 PM

You really can't compare RB and GH3 sales.  GH is available on more platforms and you could use your GH2 guitar with it.  I purchased GH3 and it cost me $50 and I imagine a lot of folks were able to do the same.  You really wouldn't purchase RB without the full instrument set - it entirely defeats the purpose.  As such, it costs $160 - almost half the price of the console itself. 

What?  I purchased RB standalone for $60 and used my GH2 guitar.  From the little I've played of GH3, RB is still the superior guitar game so it was absolutely worth it even though I wasn't interested in the drums or vocals. 
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »

I dunno - I think a lot of people were buying GH3 with the guitar because of the wireless guitar. Not everyone, but if I recall NPD sales correctly, GH3 with instrument sold better.

But here's the question - what's the limit on fake plastic instruments you can have in your house before you say 'NO MORE'? I think I've reached my limit.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on April 23, 2008, 01:57:50 PM

I dunno - I think a lot of people were buying GH3 with the guitar because of the wireless guitar. Not everyone, but if I recall NPD sales correctly, GH3 with instrument sold better.

But here's the question - what's the limit on fake plastic instruments you can have in your house before you say 'NO MORE'? I think I've reached my limit.

I've also reached my limit. I have drums, two guitars and a microphone. That's it. If GH4 wants to include drums then they better let me use my RB drums. Otherwise I'm waiting for reviews and if (and only if) they are decent I will pick up the stand-alone game to play with my GH2 controller. I am not buying a second set of drums, and honestly I think they would be stupid to make people do this.

The GH series is on notice.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 02:46:53 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on April 23, 2008, 02:27:13 PM

and honestly I think they would be stupid to make people do this.

They are so persistent about not letting other games' instruments work with their stuff that I think they will go ahead and do this.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 03:06:21 PM »

I agree with most folks here that the Activision instrument BS was lame, and GH3 was unreasonably difficult.  We're only the vocal, forum-visiting minority though.  GH:Aerosmith and GH:IV will still sell like hot-cakes.
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »

I also purchased the stand alone RB for the 360, used my headset as a mic and GH3 guitar until the stand alone drum kit came out.  I have two friends that did the same - it was a cheap way to buy into the game and see how good it was.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 04:53:36 PM »

Quote from: jament on April 23, 2008, 03:13:49 PM

I also purchased the stand alone RB for the 360, used my headset as a mic and GH3 guitar until the stand alone drum kit came out.  I have two friends that did the same - it was a cheap way to buy into the game and see how good it was.

Me, too.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »

Here's the rumored set list.  My favorite Tool song of all time is on there dammit.  Lateralus.

Eagle Rock High School Tour:

* "Dope Nose" by Weezer
    * "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World
    * Encore: "Today" by Smashing Pumpkins

Big City Kids Tour:

* "Roland" by Interpol
    * "Santeria" By Sublime
    * Encore: "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers

Feelin' Nostalgic Tour:

* "Take It on the Run" by REO Speedwagon
    * "Hold the Line" by Toto
    * Encore: "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol

Vixens Tour:

* "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar
    * "All Around Me" by Flyleaf
    * Encore:"Misery Business" by Paramore

Undertow Tour:

* "Stinkfist" by Tool
    * "Lateralus" by Tool
    * "Schism" by Tool

Synchronicity Tour:

* "Guitar Battle Vs. Sting" (Guitar Career Only)
    * Encore: "Every Breath You Take" by The Police

Fight the System Tour:

* "The Kids Aren't Alright" by The Offspring
    * The Good Left Undone" by Rise Agaisnt
    * Encore: "Bleed it Out" by Linkin Park

QQ Tour:

* "Face Down" by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    * "The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars
    * Encore: "Thank You for the Venom" by My Chemical Romance

Rockin the Carnival Tour:

* "Dammit" by Blink 182
    * "When You Heat Stops Beating" by +44

Neva' Forget Tour:

* "Jumpin Jack Flash" by The Rolling Stones
    * "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult
    * Encore: "Light My Fire" by The Doors

We Want the Funk Tour:

* "Take it Away" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
    * "Renegades of Funk" by Rage Agaisnt the Machines
    * Encore: "No Sleep till Brooklyn" by The Beastie Boys Feat. Kerry King

Rockin' the Joint Tour:

* "Are You Gonna Go My Way" by Lenny Kravitz
    * "I Don't wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith

On Top of the World Tour:

* "Man in the Box" by Alice in Chains
    * "Kickstart My Heart" by Mötley Crüe
    * Encore: "Spin the Black Circle" by Pearl Jam

G. Stinger Tour:

* "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana
    * "Car Chase City" by Tenacious D
    * Encore: "Everlong" by Foo Fighters

Lands End Tour:

* "Animal" by Def Leppard
    * "Runaway" by Bon Jovi
    * Encore: "Paradise City" by Guns N' Roses

Doin' it Different Tour:

* "Song for the Dead" by Queens of the Stone Age
    * "Vasoline" by Stone Temple Pilots
    * Encore: "Assassin" by Muse

Hootin' and Hollerin' Tour:

* "The Boys Are Back in Town" By Thin Lizzy
    * "Life in the Fastlane" by The Eagles
    * Encore:"Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

All Pissed Off Tour:

* "Here to Stay" by KoRn
    * "Dragula" by Rob Zombie
    * Encore: "Bat Country" by Avenged Sevenfold

Here Me Roar Tour:

* "10,000 Fists" by Disturbed
    * "Duality" by Slipknot
    * Encore: "Toxicity" by System of a Down

S.D.M.F. Tour:

* "Guitar Battle Vs. Zakk Wylde" (Guitar Career Only)
    * *Encore: "Demise of Sanity" by Black Label Society

Fathers of Metal Tour:

* "Don't Talk to Strangers" by Dio
    * "Heaven and Hell" by Black Sabbath
    * Encore: "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne

Making Progress Tour:

* "The Spirit of Radio" by Rush
    * "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd
    * Encore: "Pull Me Under" by Dream Theatre

Eruption Tour:

* "Beat it" by Micheal Jackson Feat. Eddie Van Halen
    * "Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen

Tooth Fang & Claw Tour:

* "Guitar Battle Vs. Ted Nugent" (Guitar Career Only)
    * Encore: "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent

Decades of Metal Tour

* "Warriors of Time" by Black Tide
    * "Leather Rebel" by Judas Priest
    * Encore: "Hallowed be Thy Name" by Iron Maiden

Livin' in a Nightmare Tour:

* "Angel of Death" by Slayer
    * "Tornado of Souls" by Megadeth
    * Encore: "Master of Puppets" by Metallica

Legends of Rock Tour:

* "Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry
    * "The Wind Cries Mary" by Jimi Hendrix
    * Encore: "Purple Haze (Live)" by Jimi Hendrix

Bonus Tour:

* "45″ by Shinedown
    * "96 Quite Bitter Beings" by CKY
    * "Bombshell" by Powerman 5000
    * "Clavado en un Bar" by Maná
    * "Enjoy the Silence" by Lacuna Coil
    * "Feuer Frei" by Rammstein
    * "Fury of the Storm" by Dragonforce
    * "Never Too Late" by The Answer
    * "Nottingham Lace" by Buckethead
    * "One Armed Scissor" by At The Drive-In
    * "Satch Boogie" by Joe Satriani
    * "Schrei" by Tokio Hotel
    * "Soul Doubt" by NOFX

* "We're An American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad
    * "Guitar Battle Vs. Sting" by Sting
    * "Guitar Battle Vs. Ted Nugent" By Ted Nugent
    * "Guitar Battle Vs. Zakk Wylde" by Zakk Wylde

Sample Songs:

* "Untitled Drum Sample" created by Chad Smith
    * "Untitled Drum Sample" created by Dave Grohl
    * "Untitled Drum Sample" created by Travis Barker
    * "Cliffs of Dover" created by Neversoft
    * "Misirlou" created by Neversoft
    * "Walk This Way" created by Neversoft
    * "YYZ" created by Neversoft
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 03:07:52 PM »

The scorehero folks seem very skeptical of the list at the moment.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 03:11:19 PM »

I love this rumored setlist (well the 2nd half). If it is legit, I once again think GH's soundtrack soundly crushes that of RB2. (Although I think RB2's is much better than RB1's...)

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 03:11:44 PM »

If it's an accurate list, I'd say there's about 1/5 of the list that I'd be psyched for, and the rest is an epic fail for my tastes.

But damn, I want to play "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I thought Nevermind was supposed to be a Rock Band downloadable album. Whatever happened to that?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »

If this list is real, it's about a thousand times better than the RB list for me.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 03:18:03 PM »

I'm torn.  The bulk of this list screams 'meh', but there are a few songs that I've wanted ever since this whole music game thing started.  Namely:

* "Stinkfist" by Tool
    * "Lateralus" by Tool
    * "Schism" by Tool
    * "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana
    * "Paradise City" by Guns N' Roses (my personal #1 most wanted song for RB frown)
    * "Toxicity" by System of a Down
    * "Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen
    * "Angel of Death" by Slayer
    * "Master of Puppets" by Metallica
    * "Purple Haze (Live)" by Jimi Hendrix

Overall, I much prefer the RB list.  However, these would be awfully tough to resist.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »

If the rumors are true that the Rock Band 2 instruments will work with Guitar Hero IV then I'll buy it.  A lot of those songs would be fun to play.  Problem I'll have is comparing the interface to Rock Band.  If the interface is suck-ass and the gameplay isn't up to par then I'm far less likely to play if Rock Band provides a much better package.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: