http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 12:37:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guitar Hero Impressions!!!  (Read 15062 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2005, 11:03:55 PM »

There was an article either in last month's GI or EGM that talked about Van Halen songs.  Apparently, getting a Van Halen was their number one priority, but they could never get any of the band's reps to call them back, so they skipped them.  The devs kept making mention of a sequel, so here's hoping.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2005, 12:45:38 AM »

Would drool for a sequel or add-on or whatever. One thing I hope they do is allow you to play songs sequentially so you can perform them as a concert.
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2005, 01:42:51 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
There was an article either in last month's GI or EGM that talked about Van Halen songs.  Apparently, getting a Van Halen was their number one priority, but they could never get any of the band's reps to call them back, so they skipped them.  The devs kept making mention of a sequel, so here's hoping.

I can't imagine playing Eruption!

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
Loomi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2005, 02:22:25 PM »

Quote from: "shon"
Are you guys using a pick.  I can' t imagine not using one on the fast songs doesn't your thumb get tired.

The problem I found with using a pick is that sometimes the strum bar springs back to it's neutral position too hard and actually registers another strum.

XBL Gamertag: Loomi 360
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2006, 11:42:52 AM »

So I went to this super random Wonderland today and it had all these import arcade machines....and I stumbled upon Guitar Freaks.  Man, that was cool as HELL!  I loved the guitar they had, a bit more sturdy than the GH one.  The songs were meh-ish, but the interface to play them was way uglier.  Guitar Hero does that better.  I played two-player with a friend of mine all night biggrin

Makes me sad that my parents have seemed to misplace my guitar/game when I moved some stuff back home - NOOOOOOO!

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2006, 01:09:51 PM »

Picked this up with some Christmas Best Buy Gift Cards on Monday and though I'm only through Easy at the moment (five stars on most songs) and I have to agree with everyone else- awesome, awesome game.  

Maybe not the right thread for this but is anyone else more optimistic about the Nintendo Revolution after playing GH?  Unique controllers certainly aren't new but something sort of clicked for me whenI found out that Star Power was engaged by holding the controller upright and I thought of the gyros that are in the Revolution controller.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2006, 04:43:04 PM »

glad to hear you are enjoying it.  I havent picked mine up in a couple weeks.  I been playing 2K6 games for a break.  

I am still a bit leary on the new nintendo thing, but we will see, I suppose.
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2006, 08:34:48 PM »

I am still trying to beat the game on Extreme.  I am down to 2 songs.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2006, 05:56:20 AM »

Quote from: "shon"
I am still trying to beat the game on Extreme.  I am down to 2 songs.

Let me guess...'Cowboys from Hell' and 'Bark at the Moon'?  Those are the only two I haven't been able to finish on Expert.

SpicyJ
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2006, 06:48:10 AM »

I managed to muddle through Bark at the Moon on Expert. Can't get any further than about 20% on Cowboys from Hell though. :/

Some of the independent songs are tough too...Decontrol and Ready to Rokk I believe are the toughest...

GT/OO Weight Loss Tracker: http://www.jxprime.net/WeightTracker
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2006, 08:46:30 AM »

Ready to Rokk is an AWESOME song biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
SpicyJ
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2006, 10:36:48 PM »

W00t!

Last night, I finally muddled my way though Cowboys from Hell on Expert. Guitar legend baby!

Now to work my way up to 5 stars on every song...oy.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2006, 10:40:48 PM »

Went out to try and locate this game, all the of the stores are sold out.  frown

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2006, 04:16:50 AM »

I had really wanted to wait till X mas to pick this up when I heard about it.  But after talking to some people, and the word on the forums here, I heard that it was going to be a difficult ind anyways, beforehand.  So I brokedown, and spent money I really shouldnt have, and got it.

Its well worth it, if you can find it.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2006, 10:42:24 PM »

You can order directly from RedOctane.com if you're having trouble finding the game.

Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2006, 04:43:18 AM »

Quote from: "adamsappel"
Quote from: "Gratch"

I can't imagine playing Eruption!

I can play Eruption on normal guitar, of course you can only tell what I'm playing at certain parts, because I dont have all the effects Eddie has, but I suppose it cant be to hard to play on 5 frets.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2006, 07:54:01 AM »

Had a real Guitar Hero "party" tonight with my friend, her boyfriend and a friend of theirs.  Oh wow, they loved it.  The boyfriend and the friend of the friend are in a metal band and they were pretty damn good at the game!!

What a great great game, man alive.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2006, 05:14:02 PM »

Just picked up Guitar Hero last night and I had a blast playing through the songs. My only complaint is that there aren't more extras to unlock.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2006, 06:51:03 PM »

"Even Rats" is the best song on there, hands down.  Oooh I love that song.  And apparently The Slip is getting a lot of exposure from being in GH.

I have medium mastered, for the most part.  Everything is 5-starred except those two damn last songs.  I think I'm going to jump into hard mode - I need to start using that last button.  I'm scared!!

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
SpicyJ
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2006, 06:58:16 PM »

Yea, the jump from medium to expert is tricky because of that last button.  I have all 5 stars on medium (for all the regular songs, I've got 4 stars on 2 of the unlocked songs). Still working on 5 starring the game...maybe you get more stuff to unlock if you do...

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2006, 12:33:16 AM »

http://rapidshare.de/files/10045382/Even_Rats.mp3.html

Found this link to an mp3 of "Even Rats" on GAF.  Apparently the band said it was cool, so let's all enjoy biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2006, 12:50:18 AM »

Found this link to an mp3 of "Even Rats" on GAF. Apparently the band said it was cool, so let's all enjoy

Ah kick ass. I've been wanting this song since I unlocked it many moons ago but the band web site said it was due out on an upcoming album, which so far has not materialized.

There's a lot of their music on their website you can listen to (as well as download). Most of it is from live stuff so the quality on a lot of it isn't good. Surprisingly I've only found one song that I liked out of everything I listened to ("Reddish Moon") so I hope whatever their new album is more in line with this song than the others.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2006, 01:37:45 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
http://rapidshare.de/files/10045382/Even_Rats.mp3.html

Found this link to an mp3 of "Even Rats" on GAF.  Apparently the band said it was cool, so let's all enjoy biggrin

You said it! When I unlocked that song and played it I was floored by how gorgeous the song is. All of my friends agree, Even Rats is the best song in the game. It is also fun as hell to play.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2006, 10:14:34 PM »

OMFG... I just bought this today (along with a PS2).. 24/25 on easy and loving this freakin game... I'm having a hell of a time with the Queens of the Stone Age song... lost at ~30% 3 times in a row, then got it to 75% where the freakin notes were flying all over the board, I was "in the zone" for most of the song hardly aware of what I was playing but then that 75% part where everything changed I was lost.

Does the "Quick Start" play allow you to play past where the crowd boos you? I'd like to practice the whole song instead of fighting hand cramps to get to the new part 3 or 4 times before i figure it out...

Great game, well worth the re-purchase of the PS2.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2006, 12:36:04 AM »

I just got it too and I love it. So does my wife and friend who usually don't play video games. A+
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2006, 03:33:29 AM »

Woo hoo, I just beat the 300,000 mark! Managed a 322,768 on 'Unsung' on Expert level. Those 8X star power multipliers during the end run racked up a shit-ton of points.

Sorry, my wife wasn't impressed and I had to brag to someone.  Cool

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2006, 03:44:21 AM »

Quote from: "rrmorton"
I just got it too and I love it. So does my wife and friend who usually don't play video games. A+

Quote from: "rrmorton back on Page 1"
Here we have a rare breed: a new release getting positive buzz that I have absolutely no interest in buying! Yippee!!

Word of mouth gradually wore you down?  smile
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2006, 04:47:31 AM »

Quick play does not allow you to stay on stage, but it does allow you to play some of the songs you dont get till medium, on Easy level.  So you can sort of see what you are up against.

my gf is never impressed with anything related to guitar hero.

But I snickered...smile
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2006, 02:05:50 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Quote from: "rrmorton"

Quote from: "rrmorton back on Page 1"
Here we have a rare breed: a new release getting positive buzz that I have absolutely no interest in buying! Yippee!!

Word of mouth gradually wore you down?  smile

:oops:

Yep, all the good buzz and recommendations from friends I trust finally convinced me to give the giant plastic guitar a chance.  biggrin
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2006, 03:10:57 PM »

Still having trouble on the last 2 songs on extreme.  I can get 87% on Cowboys and about 20% on Bark.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2006, 06:17:01 AM »

Fuck you Cowboys From Hell on medium.  I can get 94% note accuracy and 150k, but still can't 5-star you.  And I need to 5-star you (and Decontrol) for a perfect 5-star on all medium.

I hate you Cowboys from Hell.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
SpicyJ
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2006, 09:07:51 PM »

That took a couple tries for me too. I still need Decontrol and that freaking Myth song (I forget the name...the snippet before it plays talks about HP Lovecrafts home) to get all 5 stars on medium.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2006, 09:55:11 PM »

Quote from: "SpicyJ"
That took a couple tries for me too. I still need Decontrol and that freaking Myth song (I forget the name...the snippet before it plays talks about HP Lovecrafts home) to get all 5 stars on medium.

Five-starred Decontrol last night - PHEW.  Cowboys from Hell...still can't get above 94% note accuracy on it.  Some tricky parts in there.

Hard mode...wow.  Pretty rough.  Getting the hang of it, though.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2006, 12:47:35 AM »

I just passed medium difficulty - only crossroads left incomplete... I'll come back to that someday maybe. slywink Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon both caused me fits this evening, but nothing like Crossroads - stupid song!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
SpicyJ
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2006, 05:55:52 PM »

I finally 5 starred all 47 songs on Medium last night. I am now a Guitar God! (at least on medium difficulty levels).

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2006, 09:03:30 PM »

It's amazing how you can improve in the game. I never thought I'd be able to complete some of the songs on medium (such as Crossroads). But after playing for a while on hard, I went back to medium and got through Crossroads without much trouble at all.
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2006, 08:07:16 PM »

Yes I finally beat the game on Expert mode.  Took me a month to pass BATM but it has finally been beat.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: