http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 01:53:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guitar Hero 3 Demo  (Read 3990 times)
shon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2007, 06:29:52 PM »

In case you didn't know you can get the demo in the new Tony Hawk or OXM.
Also posted at OS.

Woohoo!!! Saw that the demo was in the OXM so I took an early lunch and drove through the rain to get my copy. They had it so I paid then rushed back home.

Stuck the disc in the drive and plugged in my guitar and loaded GH3.

Looked at the song list and picked Lay Down by Priestess on extreme.

The song loaded and here came the notes. Good note, Plink, Plink, Good note, Plink, Plink.
Goes on like that and I fail the song in 30 seconds.

I'm like wait, I think I am pretty good and it isn't that hard so I go into the video calibration thinking it is my TV. Go through the calibration and it registers 1ms. (You can change it to what you want this time, there is also a whammy calibration). So no I guess it isn't that.

I pick the easy song Hit me with your best shot. Again play and fail pretty early on. By now I am really getting mad. What could be wrong? Are my eyes going out? Have I lost all rhythm.

I have always played Guitar Hero with a pick and never had any trouble. Well it seems for this demo when I hit the strum bar with the pick the bar registers when it comes back into place. I also play with my fingers and again it would register when the strum bar came back up.

So I had to make sure that when I hit the strum bar that my thumb rested on it so that it wouldn't register when it came back up. Once I did that then I could play through the songs.

I hope this is fixed with the new guitar or the final version.

Let me know if anyone else has this problem.

This doesn't happen in GH1 or GH2 on PS2 or 360 so it has to be this game. I still will buy the game but will have to learn a new way to play but I like playing with a pick because it makes it feel to me even more immersive.

Anyway get the demo and let me know.

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 06:46:10 PM »

I hope it's not a guitar-compatibility issue, because I was planning on buying just the GH3 game and using the GH2 guitar I already own to play it.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 07:24:57 PM »

Ooh, that's not so good.  So what you're saying is you hit the bar, and it registers at the bottom, you release it, and it registers again as it returns to center?  Sounds like they might have increased the sensitivity on the bar, which isn't good.  I'm also hoping that it's not a GH2 guitar compatibility issue, because I wasn't planning on getting the new guitar either, let alone two to play MP.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »

See, when I play with a pick on GHII that bar always snaps back and it registers another note being played. So I don't think it is the demo.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 09:49:06 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on October 17, 2007, 06:46:10 PM

I hope it's not a guitar-compatibility issue, because I was planning on buying just the GH3 game and using the GH2 guitar I already own to play it.

I don't have the new guitars yet - I aced all of the songs my first run through on Hard.  It is more of a visual change anticipation thing I'd guess....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 11:30:59 PM »

Well I got home from work and tried it again and the same thing.  The strum bar is very sensitive.  If I take my time and make sure that I don't let it return past center I have no problem but start playing with a pick, game over.

I then went and played GH2 with pick and no problem.   I'm not saying the game is bad but for me if this is true of the new guitar and retail version I am going to have to learn to play a different way.

I also tried not using a pick but hit the strum bar pretty hard with my thumb and the same thing happened.  I play guitar and bass so I tried that method too and again it would register when it would come back up.

I plan on getting the GH3 guitar and Rock band guitar.  I did read that the strum bar on the GH3 guitar will be higher so that may help.

I like playing the game.  They did make the ho and po easier as I was able to nail long passages without much trouble.  Maybe it is my guitar or a problem with the OXM demo.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 11:41:09 PM »

One thing to keep in mind that has worried me from day one: since they used a new developer for GH3, they had to code the game from scratch - this means they couldn't use the game engine from GH1/GH2 and the developers have said many times that it has been tricky for them to try to duplicate the timing/feeling of the first two games.   The last IGN hands on I read also confirmed that it had a slightly different feel than the previous games - I really hope they didn't bork the timing too badly from the original, because IMHO it was perfect in the first two games....

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 05:01:34 AM »

The timing of the notes seemed okay if a little more forgiving.  On GH2 I had trouble HO PO on long passages but this one I could do alot better. 

The interface does take some getting used to.  Even though it says Star Power Ready I would forget to use it.

I don't like some of the mis hit sounds.  They seem a little low volume at times and I don't notice that I miss until I look at the meter.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 07:23:49 AM »

Well, I am totally hopeless at GH, however, friends came over tonight and I asked them to play the GHIII demo and see what they thought.  It was 2 people, playing the original GHII guitars, going head to head on different speeds. Neither were using picks, and neither had any problems at all with the demo. Since I don't totally understand what everyone said in this thread, I have no idea if this is helpful or not! Roll Eyes

They seemed to agree that the songs seemed easier, so the difficulty factor may be off some from GHII,  but had no other complaints or problems with how it worked in general. If this matters, one is a guitar player and the other isn't...

Just my two cents of totally clueless input, based on a third-party report to me, Lol! Hope it is useful info...icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 08:51:17 AM »

well you can now d/l the demo and burn it to a disc and play it w/o a modded 360. i tried it and it works
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 01:11:56 PM »

You can?  Where can you acquire such a thing?

shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 05:55:08 PM »

I played the demo last night.   I play on medium.  Timing is a little different even with the video lag adjustment you can do "in-game" through the options menu there (vs. on the main menu).   The neck is also a little more "vertical" for lack of a better term. 

You can get a little bit of a feel for battle mode by playing that part of the tutorial.   Still seems jinky to me.

I suck at the hard metal song (can't remember what it was called...Princess??).   I can't do very well on Rock You Like A Hurricane but Even Flow was kick ass.   I love that song.  I didn't notice any issues with my GH2 guitar.   

- shaggy

<edit>forgot to say "no pick"...just my thumb.....also....really, really loud.  my wife was out and about...kids were complaining</edit>
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 06:02:48 PM by shaggydoug » Logged

shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 06:34:15 PM »

I was at GS today and they had the GH3 Demo with the new guitar and I tried it with a quarter because I forgot my pick and it worked fine and I had no trouble at all so I am not sure what is up with my setup but I am going to get the new guitar so I should be set.

I really liked the new guitar.  I am not a fan of the original 360 guitar.  One I didn't like the placement of the strap and the start and select buttons. THe new guitar feels alot better.  It is quite a bit heavier and has multiple strap placements.  The buttons did seem a little different but not bad.  The Strum Bar was a little longer and felt better.  Now I really can't wait until the 28th.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 12:57:56 AM »

Tried the demo out tonight.  I think I need to play with the video lag, because I wasn't hitting some notes that I should have.

Seems like they have the tilt sensitivity up really high, because star power would fire off seemingly on its own.

HO/POs have been made easier again, and I think they're actually too easy.  There were a few times on my first time through a song when I'd be flailing at the buttons on a fast run, and I know I didn't hit the whole thing, but the game gave it to me.  Not sure I'm crazy about that yet.  Also, I know some people didn't like how loud the missed note sound effect was in GH1/2, but it's much quieter now.  The problem is that it's also harder to hear when you missed a note so you can fix it.

The graphical style is...interesting.  I think the new lead singer is just damn scary, and he has this super-wide mouth that's just not right.  They also made my main girl, Judy Nails, into a trashy slut, complete with bouncy breasts.  Not happy about that.  I like some of the new camera moves, but I didn't get to really study the graphics, due to all the rocking.

I'm definitely picking this up in a week and a half.  I'll want to get my mitts on the new guitar before I decide if I'm getting one, but since I'm pretty happy with the current 360 guitar, I think I'll be passing on the new guitar.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 01:08:08 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on October 19, 2007, 12:57:56 AM

Tried the demo out tonight.  I think I need to play with the video lag, because I wasn't hitting some notes that I should have.

Seems like they have the tilt sensitivity up really high, because star power would fire off seemingly on its own.

HO/POs have been made easier again, and I think they're actually too easy.  There were a few times on my first time through a song when I'd be flailing at the buttons on a fast run, and I know I didn't hit the whole thing, but the game gave it to me.  Not sure I'm crazy about that yet.  Also, I know some people didn't like how loud the missed note sound effect was in GH1/2, but it's much quieter now.  The problem is that it's also harder to hear when you missed a note so you can fix it.

The graphical style is...interesting.  I think the new lead singer is just damn scary, and he has this super-wide mouth that's just not right.  They also made my main girl, Judy Nails, into a trashy slut, complete with bouncy breasts.  Not happy about that.  I like some of the new camera moves, but I didn't get to really study the graphics, due to all the rocking.

I'm definitely picking this up in a week and a half.  I'll want to get my mitts on the new guitar before I decide if I'm getting one, but since I'm pretty happy with the current 360 guitar, I think I'll be passing on the new guitar.

Realize the new guitar doesn't use the same tilt functionality as the current ones.  I'd have to check Mike's preview, but I do know they made a change.  (from contact points to accelerometers or somesuch)

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 02:16:05 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on October 18, 2007, 08:51:17 AM

well you can now d/l the demo and burn it to a disc and play it w/o a modded 360. i tried it and it works

Quote from: Chaz on October 18, 2007, 01:11:56 PM

check out the official xbox GH3 forum...you can find links to the download there.  it's not clear how acceptable this is right now, so i won't link it directly here.  i'm downloading it right now though...roughly 420GB .iso file that you can supposedly burn to a cd-r and access from the demo section of the games blade.  there's even info floating around that the data for additional songs are included on the disc that can't be accessed in the demo (Barracude, Miss Murder, and Cult of Personality).  there are a few creative souls working on opening them up for the rest of us...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 02:20:16 AM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 03:37:41 AM »

Quote from: disarm on October 19, 2007, 02:16:05 AM

Quote from: jersoc on October 18, 2007, 08:51:17 AM

Quote from: Chaz on October 18, 2007, 01:11:56 PM

check out the official xbox GH3 forum...you can find links to the download there.  it's not clear how acceptable this is right now, so i won't link it directly here.  i'm downloading it right now though...roughly 420GB .iso file that you can supposedly burn to a cd-r and access from the demo section of the games blade.  there's even info floating around that the data for additional songs are included on the disc that can't be accessed in the demo (Barracude, Miss Murder, and Cult of Personality).  there are a few creative souls working on opening them up for the rest of us...

Thanks for the tip, but I got it already.  Hence the impressions post.  --^

disarm

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 04:29:17 AM »

i just finished playing around with the demo (downloaded and burned from sources that i'll leave unnamed here), and it was pretty much what i expected.  while they've 'updated' the graphics quite a bit, the core single-player gameplay is pretty much identical to GH2.  that's perfectly fine with me though...just give me an awesome song list with good key mappings and i'll be happy.  from the five songs in the demo, i'd say they've done that pretty well.  i played all the songs on Hard, then tried a couple on expert, and the fingerings felt pretty good, relieving some of my worry about how well Neversoft would handle the job.  overall, i'm pleased enough that GH3 is remaining a day one purchase...due in no small part to what i think is an awesome track list

Quote from: Chaz on October 19, 2007, 12:57:56 AM

Tried the demo out tonight.  I think I need to play with the video lag, because I wasn't hitting some notes that I should have...

i was struggling a little more than i expected in some of the faster parts as well...don't know if it's the timing of the game being a little different than i'm used to with GH2, or the effect of some lag (that isn't adjustable in the demo), but i was missing what should have been easy strings of notes quite a bit.  i'm really suspecting it's just a slightly different feel for the game considering that the calibration for GH2 gave me virtually no delay.  in either case, it's something that should be possible to overcome.  as for HO/POs, they do seem more forgiving now, but i don't think it's a real detriment to the quality of the game.  i'll also agree that the missed note sound is less obvious...not really good or bad in my opinion, but it is something i noticed.  i was caught a little off guard, however, when i would get a message flashed on the screen for a note streak and some wierd sound effect that sometimes made me think i had missed a note...just throws you off a little when other sound effects cover up notes in the music.

i do have one big complaint though...one that's specific only to the demo.  why did they have to put a song/time limit in place?  it doesn't prevent anyone from playing the songs as much as they want.  it only makes you waste several minutes after playing a few songs while the demo exits and reloads.  it may be relatively minor in the grand scheme of things, but it's a totally unnecessary inconvenience.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 04:36:14 AM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 10:45:48 AM »

So everyone knows, you can calibrate video lag in the demo.  Once a song loads, pause it, and you'll be able to go into the options menu and set up the lag.  You can also turn on lefty flip in there, for those of you that need it.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 06:42:52 PM »

Oh thank jesus, maybe this will fix the weird timing.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 09:03:20 PM »

Everyone is showing the release date for GH3 as 10/28, but that's a Sunday.  Is that actually right?

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 09:11:36 PM »

Hey guys I have a friend who's all pissed that they removed co-op quickplay from GH3.  Apparently it was his favorite feature of the other games.  What is this and was there any reason for it being removed?
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 19, 2007, 09:03:20 PM

Everyone is showing the release date for GH3 as 10/28, but that's a Sunday.  Is that actually right?

Yes it is on a Sunday so you can wait until Midnight and goto WM or Sunday Aft and pickup at GS,BB,CC or any other store.   Can't wait.

disarm

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 12:30:35 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on October 19, 2007, 10:45:48 AM

So everyone knows, you can calibrate video lag in the demo.  Once a song loads, pause it, and you'll be able to go into the options menu and set up the lag.  You can also turn on lefty flip in there, for those of you that need it.

thanks for the heads up...i'll give it a try and report back icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2007, 04:05:39 PM »

Played the demo at Gamestop last night.  I really like the feel of the new guitar.  Much better than the GH2 360 guitar and also better than the PS2 one.  I played Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Even Flow, Rock You Like A Hurricane, and The Metal on Expert.  Completed all but The Metal first try.  Felt good to me and I didn't have any problems hitting the notes on time.  The guitar did to me, though, what it always seems to do, which is that when I really want star power, I can shake the guitar to kingdom come and I can't activate it, but then out of nowhere, when I don't want it, it magically activates.  I had this problem with the GH2 360 guitar and I had it last night with the GH3 360 guitar.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Loomi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 11:11:05 PM »

Has anyone started a GT tour group yet? 

Timing wise, the video seems to be behind for me.  If I know the song and play along to the audio, it's fine, but if I don't know the song I miss a lot of notes trying to follow the notes on the screen.  I didn't realize you could adjust the lag in game.  Time to go do that.

EDIT:
Ok, huge difference after calibrating.  It's amazing how much difference 25ms can make.  All of my previous attempts of The Metal on Expert have had me in the red at some point in the song.  After calibration, I was never in danger.  If I screwed up a note in one of the ho/po runs, I was able to pick it back up mid-run whereas before calibration I was screwed until the chords.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 11:24:53 PM by Loomi » Logged

XBL Gamertag: Loomi 360
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 11:40:04 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on October 19, 2007, 09:11:36 PM

Hey guys I have a friend who's all pissed that they removed co-op quickplay from GH3.  Apparently it was his favorite feature of the other games.  What is this and was there any reason for it being removed?

Huh?  Co-op is most assuredly still in, in fact there are songs that can only be unlocked with co-op gameplay.  Where is he getting his info from, cause it's wrong, wrong, wrong.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »

It's not co-op that was removed, but co-op quickplay, at least according to this article.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 12:07:27 AM »

Is online co-op still in?

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 12:10:32 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on October 23, 2007, 11:51:50 PM

It's not co-op that was removed, but co-op quickplay, at least according to this article.

That'd be because they can't read.  First page of the review materials I got today says that the game includes offline co-op quickplay.   Yea...learning to read is hard.  :/

By the way, the new guitar?  Absolutely awesome.  It makes my previous guitars just suck by comparison. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 12:10:52 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 24, 2007, 12:07:27 AM

Is online co-op still in?

Haven't tested that, I'll get to it tonight.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2007, 12:29:07 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on October 24, 2007, 12:10:32 AM

Quote from: EddieA on October 23, 2007, 11:51:50 PM

That'd be because they can't read.  First page of the review materials I got today says that the game includes offline co-op quickplay.   Yea...learning to read is hard.  :/

By the way, the new guitar?  Absolutely awesome.  It makes my previous guitars just suck by comparison. 

I was gonna say, most of what we played in San Fran was co-op quickplay...

Mike Dunn
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2007, 12:34:49 AM »

Perhaps GameInformer reviewed an earlier version, as the review came out in last month's issue.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2007, 12:37:58 AM »

A couple demo thoughts, crossposted from OO:

1. I'm pretty sure they made the timing easier. There's a couple HO/PO sections that it felt like I missed, but it kept my multiplier. I thought it felt a little easier to play.

2. Overall, I'd say the difficulty is about equal with GH2. On Expert, I was able to 5-star everything but "The Metal" within a couple tries, which is about par for the course on what I assume are low-tier songs.

3. I really liked the look of the venue and some of the new camera angles. That being said, would it kill them to change up the look and feel of the other band members? We've seen the exact same characters in the exact same outfits since GH1. Cripes, mix it up a little. (I suppose this could change in the full version, but I doubt it.)

4. Both covers ("Rock You Like A Hurricane" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot") were very good.

5. Animations for the guitarist are good, but completely suck for the rest of the band. Quite frankly, the drummer looks ridiculous, and it's pretty obvious they didn't put any effort into getting the animations right. It also seems like the singer's mouth isn't synched up to the vocals very well.

Felt good to play some new GH songs, but I'm reserving any judgment until we see the final product.

th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2007, 12:53:15 AM »

wait a second....

it seems all of the uproar is over quickplay co-op.

Curious why it is such a big deal when you can just go with multiplayer co-op....

Mike Dunn
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on October 24, 2007, 12:53:15 AM

wait a second....

it seems all of the uproar is over quickplay co-op.

Curious why it is such a big deal when you can just go with multiplayer co-op....

My understanding was that my buddy was mad that when you do co-op you can only do so at the difficulty level that the song was unlocked at.  So if someone is expert and the other guy is normal, and the expert guy unlocked the song, they can only play on expert instead of selecting a difficulty level for each.

This doesn't affect me, I won't be playing MP at all, but it was something he mentioned being upset about and it made no sense to me.
SpicyJ
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2007, 04:20:57 AM »

Just played 3 songs on expert, loved it. Want full game now. smile

GT/OO Weight Loss Tracker: http://www.jxprime.net/WeightTracker
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 03:43:17 PM »

After playing the demo my fears of feeling heartbroken that I couldn't play teh new h0tnezz due to budgetary constraints were immediately set at ease.  Playing the game was fun, and you can definitely see the Guitar Hero foundation, but the more I played the more I couldn't help feeling like something was missing.  I'm not sure if it was the lack of polish, or the slightly different look and feel, but after I was finished playing I just couldn't help feeling like something was missing.  Like it just didn't have that special "something" that made me enjoy GHII so much.

Yes, I understand that it is a demo and not the full game, but for some reason it just didn't grab me.  After playing the ever-loving-crap out of GHII, I expected the GH3 demo to make me feel that same thrill, enjoyment, and entertainment I got from GHII.  And it just wasn't there.  I had initially planned to wait for GH3 to potentially make an appearance under the Christmas tree, but now if I don't get it at launch and wind up grabbing more anticipated games like Mass Effect and Rock Band, I could very well wind up not picking this up at all.  And once we get our hands on Rock Band, will I really need another musical game when Rock Band could potentially be all that we need?  Probably not.  And that makes me rather disappointed as I was looking forward to picking up both GH3 and Rock Band, but now I might actually be okay with only grabbing Rock Band. 

That's too bad.  I really wanted to get excited for GH3, and being able to play the demo game me that same shit-eating grin I had when I first opened GHII, but once the game loaded up it just felt like someone was trying to copy the GHII formula.  It felt more like an inferior clone than a new, updated release.  I just saw it as a step backward, when new, updated releases should feel like a progression forward, and that really disappointed me.  Don't get me wrong, I really wanted to like this game.  But now I'm not so sure I can justify the price tag just to play Cult of Personality.  Fortunately playing Wanted Dead or Alive on Rock Band with a room full of friends will probably take the sting away pretty quickly. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 03:51:32 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 24, 2007, 03:43:17 PM

I'm not sure if it was the lack of polish, or the slightly different look and feel, but after I was finished playing I just couldn't help feeling like something was missing.   

That's interesting, because I think the new look makes it look more polished.  Otherwise, it is just like GH2, in my opinion, other than the boss battles, which I don't think are in the demo.  The boss battles are really the only differentiator between GH2 and GH3 other than the new visuals.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 04:22:08 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 24, 2007, 03:51:32 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on October 24, 2007, 03:43:17 PM

I'm not sure if it was the lack of polish, or the slightly different look and feel, but after I was finished playing I just couldn't help feeling like something was missing.   

That's interesting, because I think the new look makes it look more polished.  Otherwise, it is just like GH2, in my opinion, other than the boss battles, which I don't think are in the demo.  The boss battles are really the only differentiator between GH2 and GH3 other than the new visuals.

I actually felt similar to Pete, although it's not enough to keep me from buying the game.  I was very disappointed to see the exact same characters, outfits, animations, etc. used in this version.   I know they're trying to change up the gameplay with boss battles and such, but I can't imagine it would be that much effort to include some updated graphic polish.   

I think some of the problem lies in the fact that we've seen the coolness potential of what Rock Band is bringing to the table, and GH3 seems very much "same-old, same-old" in comparison.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: