http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 04:05:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GTASA being sold Monday (10/25) at 7pm in my local EB  (Read 6689 times)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2004, 07:07:28 PM »

Just got the call from my local Gamestop that I can pick it up after 7pm tomorrow.
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2004, 09:11:02 PM »

Any place selling it for less than the standard $50?

olaf
Mike T
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2004, 10:39:31 PM »

I doubt it.  GTA3:SA is a sure fire seller.  A retailer would be stupid to discount a game that is going to push millions of units in the first week.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2004, 10:42:49 PM »

K, I broke down and decided I'm getting it.  I went through the Nov/Dec release list and narrowed it down to five games I need to pay for that I have to have (I'm getting free copies of Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, and the DS Tongue ), and decided that the rest can go on Xmas lists.  If I get bored as fast as I usually do, I can probably get rid of it for $35 easy, and then get it for the Xbox later.

Then I have Wed and Thurs off to decide whether to play GTA or Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.

jztemple
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2004, 12:38:52 AM »

Quote from: "Chaz"
Then I have Wed and Thurs off to decide whether to play GTA or Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.

I thought RCT3 wasn't coming out till next week? That's what the official website says, although the EB site still shows it this week.

Due to circumstances beyond my control (IE, wife  :wink: ) I won't be able to go stand with the zillion teenagers and twenty-somethings outside my local EB tomorrow. I'm beginning to think this is a good thing. I'll be picking it up Tuesday at midday, when hopefully all the other people will be at school or work  biggrin
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2004, 02:08:04 AM »

Every online site has it listed as showing up this week.  I'm guessing that the date on the website is one of those "Releases by..." dates.  They set that date as one a few days after they actually ship in order to ensure that the Walmart in Eastern Bumf*ck, ND has their copies by then.  EA routinely does it.  EB and the like should have it on Wednesday.

If not, I've certainly got enough other stuff to keep me busy.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2004, 11:16:27 AM »

Quote from: "jersoc"
Circuit City is advertising they will have the game before noon on tuesday. In case anyone didn't pre-order. Hetz, I notice you live in WI. Have you called EBs yet?

Yep, the EB that I preordered from in Appleton, WI says they will have it Monday night (tonight!!) by 7PM. smile

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2004, 11:59:29 AM »

Wouldn't the best deal be the current Toys R Us Buy 2 Get 1 free deal.  They "could" have them as early as Tuesday night, probably Wed or Thur in most places but that would take your total price for each to $33.33.

And those damn commercials on the TV with the Guns and Roses soundtrack sold me on getting this game.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2004, 12:56:49 PM »

I will just have to wait until the PC version is releases.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »

Today is the Big Day for you lucky bastards who get Monday delivery. Seems like everyone in this thread is getting it today, but my local EB says no way.

Well at least I can read you guys' posts about it tonight, and it's not like I don't have anything else to play till noon tomorrow smile
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2004, 03:39:13 PM »

Are there any online reviews up yet?
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2004, 04:29:52 PM »

G'dammit!@@!@!@  Must buy PS2.........
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2004, 05:15:16 PM »

drool 7more hours  paranoid

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2004, 05:16:54 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Caveman"
Are there any online reviews up yet?

IGN will have theirs up tonight via the preview on Friday.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2004, 06:40:50 PM »

Holy Crap! I just got the call!  Even though I figured my local mall is nowhere near a distrobution site, they are apparently going to give me my copy tonight!  I am so psyched for this week.

First GTA San Andreas early  biggrin , and tomorrow the unrated director's cut of Dawn of the Dead  biggrin !!!

I might just die of excitement!

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
jztemple
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2004, 06:43:06 PM »

Quote from: "Doomboy"
Holy Crap! I just got the call!  Even though I figured my local mall is nowhere near a distrobution site, they are apparently going to give me my copy tonight!  I am so psyched for this week.

Did you prepay in full? I might begin to regret not paying more than $5... of course not that I'm going down to pick it up tonight (in case my wife is reading this!)
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2004, 06:52:15 PM »

Yes, I did prepay the whole thing...  I figure if I am willing to pay 5 bucks for a game, I am going to get it, so why not pay the whole thing?  It isn't as if I am going to write off that 5 bucks if somewhere else gets it a day earlier.  

And this time, it paid off big time I guess!

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2004, 06:54:56 PM »

Quote from: "jztemple"
Quote from: "Doomboy"

Did you prepay in full? I might begin to regret not paying more than $5... of course not that I'm going down to pick it up tonight (in case my wife is reading this!)

I didn't prepay in full (just the $5) but I got the call anyway.  Hope it doesn't effect me when I pick it up though.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2004, 06:55:43 PM »

I might just die of excitement!

Then think in acouple of weeks HALO 2 and then Half-Life 2 and soon Grand Turismo 4!!! OMG!! AND THE LORD OF THE RINGS: EE!!!!!!!

F*** I AM GOING CRAZY LIKE I DRANK A POT OF COFFEEE!!!!!!!!!

You suck for making me excited. I just realised how close all this stuff is to being released.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2004, 07:02:13 PM »

Tch.

I didn't pre-order this, (I never, ever pre-order), and my local EB both won't sell copies tonite and won't let me put a pre-order in this afternoon to pick up tonite.  According to dumbf!ck EB employee #291237, I'd only be reserving for an enigmatic "second shipment."

Kiss my ass.  Best Buy or TRU it is.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
jztemple
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2004, 07:35:49 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
I didn't pre-order this, (I never, ever pre-order)

I finally started pre-ordering because my local EB is in a smaller population base and sometimes doesn't get in some of the more obscure PC games unless it's a pre-order.

I only put down the minimum and this way I can count on their being a copy for me there.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2004, 07:37:46 PM »

No offense, but did you really think with a major release like this and not pre-ordering was a good idea?
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2004, 07:39:43 PM »

GTA:SA and Halo2 are my first pre-orders ever. Halo was a no-brainer, I want it on day one. GTA I could have waited, but when I went to order Halo my wife said to just get GTA at the same time. Now I just hope it pays off and I get the game tonight. : crossed fingers emote :

LiveTAG: happydog
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2004, 07:54:22 PM »

Tch.

I didn't pre-order this, (I never, ever pre-order), and my local EB both won't sell copies tonite and won't let me put a pre-order in this afternoon to pick up tonite.  According to dumbf!ck EB employee #291237, I'd only be reserving for an enigmatic "second shipment."

Well this is the deal at my store at least.

We have 142 pre-orders and we are getting 142 copies of the game. That enigmatic second shipment is what we are getting for tomorrow or Wednesday (70 copies or so). If you really want it tonight at 7 pm hit your local GameStop, GameCrazy, EB Games and see if they are willing to sell you a copy now since there are bound to be some copies that are not picked up.

How does this work again?
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2004, 07:54:47 PM »

No offense, but did you really think with a major release like this and not pre-ordering was a good idea?
Yup, because retailers are ordering a metric ton of GTA:SAs.  Beyond this "early release" deal, I seriously doubt anyone will be completely selling out.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2004, 07:58:29 PM »

Quote from: "wankerjr"

We have 142 pre-orders and we are getting 142 copies of the game. That enigmatic second shipment is what we are getting for tomorrow or Wednesday (70 copies or so). If you really want it tonight at 7 pm hit your local GameStop, GameCrazy, EB Games and see if they are willing to sell you a copy now since there are bound to be some copies that are not picked up.

Hm.  I might stop by right before the store closes (like 8:45 ish... you close at 9pm, yes?) and ask then.  Perhaps they'd be more... easily persuaded if it's obvious one of their preorders isn't showing up.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
jztemple
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2004, 08:14:50 PM »

Quote from: "wankerjr"

Hm.  I might stop by right before the store closes (like 8:45 ish... you close at 9pm, yes?) and ask then.  Perhaps they'd be more... easily persuaded if it's obvious one of their preorders isn't showing up.

I guess it would depend on whether they are really going to abide to the "we'll hold on to it for 48 hours" rule.

Oh, by the way....

THEY JUST CALLED, MY COPY IS IN AT MY LOCAL EB. THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE AT 7PM TONIGHT!!!!!!

and what more...

MY WIFE IS WAITING FOR ME AT HOME AND IS GOING TO KILL ME IF I GO TO THE EB INSTEAD OF HOME!!!!

Decisions, decisions....
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2004, 08:26:57 PM »

Go get GTA:SA and a kevlar vest.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

Havn't got a call yet but i'm going straight after work anyhow.  MAJOR population center so its possible they have 300+ calls to make.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2004, 08:55:16 PM »

Kevlar Vest is worthless to defend against your wife's barrage of groin punches.  Goodluck.

biggrin

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2004, 09:10:44 PM »

Go get GTA:SA and a kevlar vest.
I'd actually reverse the order of that.

Beware the fanboys lurking in the shadows...

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2004, 09:22:25 PM »

I called my local EB and they said that they should have enough for anyone with a preorder tonight at 7pm.

So I'm not too worried, just hope I don't end up waiting in line too long.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: