http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 07:40:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GTA: San Andreas will make shipping date?  (Read 1577 times)
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: October 11, 2004, 08:16:02 PM »

Has anyone heard anything about the status of this game. Both EB and Gamestop still have the game being released on 10/25 but there has been no gold announcement (as of this posting). I'm just trying to corroborate some info I got from EB management about this game.

How does this work again?
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 08:24:59 PM »

The last word was the push back of 1 week.  I am going to guess it will be out that day.  I don't necessarily remember there being a gold announcement for GTA3 nor Vice City, but I could be wrong.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 08:26:41 PM »

Does it really matter since Halo 2 went gold? biggrin

I'm really going to have to prioritize my Christmas list now, dammit.  :evil:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 08:27:54 PM »

All of the advertising for the game is saying it will be out on Oct 25th. No way would they change it at this late date.

I bet they have already gone gold, but are holding off on an announcement until a week or so before shipping the game.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 05:29:19 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
All of the advertising for the game is saying it will be out on Oct 25th. No way would they change it at this late date.

I bet they have already gone gold, but are holding off on an announcement until a week or so before shipping the game.

That's the thing that puzzles me.

We had an actual meeting of sorts this past Saturday night..first time in a long time. One of the big pushes that EB corporate wanted is obviously this title (along with Halo 2 of course). Unlike Halo 2 (that officially announced that it went gold) GTA: SA has not.

EB corporate has told their managers that the game is actually allocated and they only expect to fill pre-orders the first few weeks. With the ship date getting closer and closer and no gold announcement in sight, I got to thinking if the corporate bigwigs are right and not simply blowing smoke to get us to pre-sell more. Same thing with the DS going to be allocated only to pre-sells. The DS seemed more likely since it is hardware but GTA:SA? I was expecting Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc to carry tons of copies but will they be able to?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 02:10:13 PM »

Hey, wankerjr, not to sidetrack things, but how is EB preselling the DS anyway? Will they require you to purchase shit like my EB did with the PS2, Xbox, AND Gamecube just to buy the damn thing on day 1? Or will they be nice for once and just sell the thing straight?

To get back on topic - I don't intend to buy GTA for the PS2. I've always been able to wait for the far better PC port, and I intend to do so again.

Besides, there's too many other games I wanna play shortly. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Hey, wankerjr, not to sidetrack things, but how is EB preselling the DS anyway? Will they require you to purchase shit like my EB did with the PS2, Xbox, AND Gamecube just to buy the damn thing on day 1? Or will they be nice for once and just sell the thing straight?

Currently EB is just doing straight up pre-sell of the DS for $10 IIRC. Nothing extra to buy at this point. I'm personally waiting to see if they are going to run a trade in deal for the GBA SP.

ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 01:44:57 AM »

Quote from: "wankerjr"
Quote from: "Destructor"

Currently EB is just doing straight up pre-sell of the DS for $10 IIRC. Nothing extra to buy at this point. I'm personally waiting to see if they are going to run a trade in deal for the GBA SP.

Heh, I'm sure they'll sell the Nintendo DS itself for $150, then lower the price to $149 if you trade in your SP.  :rolleyes:
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 01:54:44 AM »

Quote from: "Raven VII"
Heh, I'm sure they'll sell the Nintendo DS itself for $150, then lower the price to $149 if you trade in your SP.  :rolleyes:

Current trade in for an SP is quite pathetic. $30 is what I remember so if the deal ain't that great I'm gonna hold onto my SP.  That just means if I want a DS bad enough I'm gonna have to get it via my manager's contest.

QP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 12:44:19 PM »

Kind of funny EB having their big meetings and letting out their little rumours that only "pre orders" will be filled - meanwhile there's a Wal*Mart, a BBV, and a Zellers within 1 block of the EB which would happily sell me this title with no pre-order and probably for cheaper smile   So if EB pulls their pre-order garbage here they will only lose sales to other stores.

I doubt if i'll be getting this one on release day or anything though, too many other games backed up already!

-QP
Currently Playing:
[PC]Oblivion Again (OOO this time)
weeskwee
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 01:29:20 PM »

rumor is the game just went gold.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2004, 01:37:36 PM »

From Inside Gamer Online:

Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is Finally Gold
Posted By Andrew Giese

Arguably the most anticipated game for the Playstation 2, GTA: San Andreas is gold.

In a report confirmed by Inside Gamer Online's own Steve Dotolli, GTA: San Andreas is finished and looking great. GTA: San Andreas is the latest in a series of Grand Theft Auto games that only became popular when GTA 3 came out for Playstation 2. Followed up by the best-selling GTA: Vice City, the GTA series quickly became famous. The new title in the series takes on a whole new perspective, replacing the main character of Tommy Vercetti with Carl Johnson. With a myriad of new cars and space to roam in, GTA: San Andreas looks like it will be just as popular if not more than its prequels.

GTA: San Andreas by Rockstar is rated "M" for "Mature" by ESRB, and will be available to gamers come the 26th of October for the Playstation 2 and the PC version will be out in the Summer of 2005.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2004, 03:12:51 PM »

*cough*

http://consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1569

:wink:

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg