http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 06:33:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GTA: SA - What Rockstar Doesn't Want You To Know  (Read 6980 times)
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2004, 03:56:22 AM »

Foghat!! Slow Ride!!
IN!
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2004, 04:20:41 AM »

Quote from: "Mike T"
I think that's unlikely, the game ships in less than a week.  No way they could get new packaging redesigned, printed, and in the factory for  processing in time.

The simple explanation is that it's Rockstar's intellectual property and they didn't want unauthorized use of it on the web before they chose to have it on the web.  Anyway, that's my take.

Ya I just realized that after I watched the trailer.  Didn't know it was out so soon
Mike T
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2004, 12:18:20 PM »

smile
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2004, 12:35:54 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
My opinion, some of the songs look good....but there are tons that were left out that would have been much better.

I mean, they have NWA, but why in the world do they have Express Yourself and Always Into Something....when they could have used F*ck the Police or 100 Miles and Runnin, I mean those songs were SCREAMING to be in this game!!   :?

Damn, Skippy.  Both of those would have been better.  Express Yourself is too damn positive, but you got to remember this is supposed to represent FCC radio so many stations would not play 100 Miles and Runnin and certainly not F*ck the Police

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2004, 12:57:25 PM »

True, but I don't think they were playing "I don't give a F*ck" by 2Pac either and that is in the game...

Anyways, it's a pretty good soundtrack, but it could have been better.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2004, 02:55:22 PM »

Chances are they went with the songs they could get the rights to.  I think I'm going to wait and see if the PC version will let you add your own MP3's before I decide which version I'm going to get.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Mike T
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2004, 03:08:28 PM »

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure you'll be waiting until sometime next year then.

It's interesting that there's an "Express Yourself" on the funk station and the rap station.  Is one a cover of the other?  Or perhaps a typo?
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2004, 03:39:47 PM »

Personally, I'm very happy to see CMW - Hood Took Me Under as part of the soundtrack. It's a classic. Also, MC EIHT greets some people from Rockstar Games on the inside cover of his new album, which gave me the idea that he might play some character in the game. I'd love to see that.

Always strapped and eager to peel a cap...

My smile still stays on.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2004, 03:59:37 PM »

It's interesting that there's an "Express Yourself" on the funk station and the rap station. Is one a cover of the other? Or perhaps a typo?

It's not a typo. NWA used samples from the original Express Yourself song in their rap version.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2004, 04:04:41 PM »

Here is a better version of the full map:

Also, for those of you with modded PS2's who like to break the law...the full game has been leaked onto the net... frown

Me, like the sucker I am, have to wait until next week to play it cause of Rockstars street date. Once again, the pirates win and get to play a highly anticipated game before us that obey the law...   :evil:

warning

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2004, 04:06:28 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
Chances are they went with the songs they could get the rights to.  I think I'm going to wait and see if the PC version will let you add your own MP3's before I decide which version I'm going to get.

The last two have given you this ability.  I think it's a safe bet the newest will too.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2004, 03:11:58 PM »

more importantly, why is G'n'f'R on the 'alternative' station?  they're sort of the antithesis of alternative/college/postmodern/etc rock...
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2004, 04:28:27 PM »

Mainstream radio didn't care if GnR was an antithesis to the alternative scene. I remember hearing them on just about every radio station out there while growing up. I used to do the Axel Rose shuffle during lunch.

Yes, I got shit for that.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Mike T
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2004, 06:09:06 PM »

ore importantly, why is G'n'f'R on the 'alternative' station? they're sort of the antithesis of alternative/college/postmodern/etc rock...

Because with the mainstreaming of Grunge, the definition of alt rock morphed, at least temporarily to include some hard rock like (GnR), some metal (like Tool), etc.  In many ways, alt rock got a lot heavier.

I myself do not consider GnR an alt band, but I have heard them on stations that primarly were the alt format.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2004, 07:26:22 PM »

Woo, that map is HUGE.  I just hope the load times are better than they were for Vice City when you went from one part of the map to the other.

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2004, 07:27:46 PM »

There are no load times outside.  Only when you go into and out of a building.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2004, 07:27:51 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
Woo, that map is HUGE.  I just hope the load times are better than they were for Vice City when you went from one part of the map to the other.

Mike

Supposedly there are no load times at all other than the intial game load.

EDIT- Covenant beat me to it.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2004, 08:20:12 PM »

Quote from: "Covenant"
There are no load times outside.  Only when you go into and out of a building.

Yay.  So much better than the load time whenever you crossed a bridge between the halves of Vice City.  biggrin

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Draco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2004, 09:05:43 PM »

What was the name of the song playing in the most recent trailer, where the main character parachutes at the end?
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2004, 12:12:23 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"

Also, for those of you with modded PS2's who like to break the law...the full game has been leaked onto the net... frown

Me, like the sucker I am, have to wait until next week to play it cause of Rockstars street date. Once again, the pirates win and get to play a highly anticipated game before us that obey the law...   :evil:

You know, Rockstar could make something good out of the leak by releasing early. smile
Grue
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2004, 06:38:10 PM »

Quote from: "Draco"
What was the name of the song playing in the most recent trailer, where the main character parachutes at the end?

It's an early nineties ditty called "I Don't Give a F*ck" by 2Pac.
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2004, 01:02:13 AM »

Faith No More - Midlife Crisis

Holy Shit, thats one of my favorite songs ever....FNM rocks!!!!

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
yeyeman9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2004, 08:11:16 PM »

2 players co-op is indeed in the game. It is not split screen tho, just the full screen. YOu need to go to a specific spot to unlock it if I am not wrong, and you can't do missions in co-op, again if I am not wrong.

~Gamers are born to play~

"I have a suggestion for you: get married and if you find a good wife you will be happy forever, if not you will become a philosopher" - Socrates.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: