http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 10:01:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GTA: SA--help on "Life's a Beach" needed.  (Read 2528 times)
Papageno
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2004, 10:41:07 AM »

Does anyone either have a cheat to get past the dance move competition or at least know a place where they have all the moves documented so I can practice them beforehand?  I do OK for a while but then I get hopelessly screwed up when they start coming fast and furious.
Ralph-Wiggum
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 01:36:55 PM »

Not far from the gym is a dance club where you can practice your moves. I'm not sure exactly where the club is located, but I'm sure you can find a map or something on http://www.gamefaqs.com.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 01:28:30 AM »

I don't think the dance clubs open up until AFTER you complete the Life's a Beach mission. .... Also no cheats so far, but just keep trying, it took me about 5 times to pass it....
Papageno
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 05:47:52 AM »

Gaaa.  I've tried it like a dozen times.  I turn off the sound too, so the peanut-gallery comments don't mess me up, but I just get flustered when the button-presses start coming too fast.  Is there an adrenaline pill nearby that I could use to slow down time?  Or a cheat to that effect?  There has to be!  Otherwise I won't be able to play beyond Los Santos, which sucks big time.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 10:11:53 AM »

It is easier to hit the buttons at the right time if you listen to the beat of the song.  So turning down the sound is making it harder for you, I think.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Papageno
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 10:30:08 AM »

Well, I've tried it both ways.  Any way to get a savegame off the net and onto one of my mem cards?  I don't think I'm going to be able to beat this one.  Someone on usenet just said that there is a dance club open before beating this mission, but didn't say where it is, and it doesn't appear on my game map (maybe on the printed one, I haven't checked that one yet).
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 11:28:52 AM »

Quote from: "Papageno"
Well, I've tried it both ways.  Any way to get a savegame off the net and onto one of my mem cards?  I don't think I'm going to be able to beat this one.  Someone on usenet just said that there is a dance club open before beating this mission, but didn't say where it is, and it doesn't appear on my game map (maybe on the printed one, I haven't checked that one yet).

This mission took me quit awhile as well.  Best advise I can give is keep trying.  It will be the same pattern and after awhile you will get the button presses.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
jztemple
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004, 04:17:53 PM »

Also don't go back to a save game after each failure! I read on the GTA Edge forum a thread containing all known information on the (at that time) soon to be released GTASA and in there was a mention that the game will adjust a mission to make it easier after a player fails some amount of tries.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 08:11:10 PM »

Quote from: "Papageno"

yes, there is a way to dl a savegame off the net, although it will require a device.  friend of mine picked up a Max Drive at best buy.  basically a usb flash with driver cd that allows you to copy off saves from any memory card and save to pc.  if you had that, someone could do the sequence for you and send it back.  

not the best solution i admit, but it would get you past it.  hell, i made it past that one with only two attempts, so i could do it for you.

Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 09:12:06 PM »

The dance club that I know of in Los Santos is a big building with tiki torches outside it.  It is open sometime after sundown.

I think it is north of the train station, and on the western edge of Idlewood. It is a big building.  I don't know if it is open before this mission or not.  If you see the place with the big torches and they don't let you in at night, then it only opens after you pass the dance.

As for it getting easier with repeated failings, I don't know.  I failed the dance twice before passing it, so the game may have given me a break, but I know that the driving school missions are hard as hell, and they never gave me a break, I just kept doing them over and over till I had all silvers.  

Zero's hard missions never gave me a break either, I had to keep at them until I got them.  Unless the break comes after you fail a mission 12 times in a row...

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Mike T
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 04:50:52 PM »

Turning off the sound is a mistake for the dancing.  The score you get is not just a measure of accurately pressing the buttons, but being in sync with the music (i.e. - when the icon is in the target reticule).

I didn't find the dancing particularly difficult.  If you're still struggling with it, try tapping your foot to the music.  If you can get the rhythm, it will help you anticipate when you will be pressing the button.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 06:37:22 PM »

For what it's worth, I've noticed that to get a good score on the dancing sections I usually have to push the buttons a bit earlier than I would have thought based on visuals. It seems that the correct timing requires that the buttons be pushed when a little more than half of the icon has just entered the circle.
Papageno
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 09:30:53 PM »

Well, I managed to find the club with the Tiki torches on the front, and practiced there a few times.  Once you "graduate" from the first tune you get to try the tune from the mission, and I did that a few times until I could consistently beat the 4000 score.  Then I finally passed the bloody mission.  Ugh.  Having the music on helped, but the negative peanut-gallery comments definitely didn't.
Mike T
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 11:46:32 PM »

Come on man, they're just digging your stylin' moves!
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2004, 06:20:18 PM »

If I wanted to play DDR, I'd have killed myself by now.
Instead, I got GTA:SA.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: