http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 11:33:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GTA 4 details emerge  (Read 872 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2007, 08:46:43 PM »

Some info.

*   The protagonist's name is Niko Bellic, which we believe is Croatian or Serbian.
    * Multiplayer is set to be announced.
    * You can use a cellphone to call your contacts.
    * Apparently there are no planes because there is only one city in the game.
    * You have a lot of choice over what you want to do. You still have to take orders from people during missions, but you can also choose how you want to spend your time, e.g "I want to hang out with him, or her... I want to go see this guy 'cause he always has something to do..."
    * The story unfolds in a number of different ways. R* is giving people more freedom, more choice and more sense of control over their destiny - the structure of the storyline is quite different to previous games.
    * The demo which Game Informer played was for the Xbox 360 version of the game.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 08:52:05 PM »

* Apparently there are no planes because there is only one city in the game.

Translation: "We couldn't get the flight mechanics working worth a crap for three games before now and it still doesn't work so we're removing from the game. Go us."

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 09:33:45 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on April 10, 2007, 08:46:43 PM

* You can use a cellphone to call your contacts.

hmm,no biggie,wasnt this in saints row?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 10:44:08 PM »

sounds like some random person made these details up, they are very exciting.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 10:58:44 PM »

The details are probably from Game Informer.  They're supposed to have a big preview in their May issue, which is probably going out to subscribers now.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:03:07 PM »

Actually, I thought the mechanics of flying the planes were pretty good in GTA:SA.  It kinda worked in VC, but still sucked (the RC plane was good though).
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 07:15:01 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on April 11, 2007, 07:03:07 PM

Actually, I thought the mechanics of flying the planes were pretty good in GTA:SA.  It kinda worked in VC, but still sucked (the RC plane was good though).

The flight mechanics were unbelievably frustrating on the PC.  You HAD to get a controller to pass that part.
noun
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 08:49:01 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on April 11, 2007, 07:15:01 PM

Quote from: unbreakable on April 11, 2007, 07:03:07 PM

The flight mechanics were unbelievably frustrating on the PC.  You HAD to get a controller to pass that part.

I was livid with fury when I was playing this on the PC and reached the mandatory flight school. I never managed to finish it, and sold the game off in frustration. I'm glad to see Rockstar finally realize flight simulators are not their strong point.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 08:57:34 PM »

The one detail I want to hear is:

"You don't have to do every mission precisely like we programmed it to happen."

That was the biggest pain in the ass with all of the GT games.  Oh, you HAVE to take this guy out by ramming him with this particular vehicle.  Oh really?  How bout this big ass rocket launcher? That won't do the trick?  How about yanking his ass out of the truck and putting two in the back of his melon?  That won't work? 

Don't fence me into your idea of how it should be done Rockstar...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 10:08:24 PM »

Well, it's not exactly addressing your wish, but the preview from Game Informer does touch on it:

# In previous GTA games you were like a slave because you had to constantly take orders from people when doing missions. There is still an element of that in Grand Theft Auto 4, but you can also choose how you want to spend your time, for example "I want to hang out with him and her. I want to hang out with this guy because he always has fun things to do." Call him up and maybe you can hang with him. Maybe he'll answer. You have a lot of choice over what you want to do.

# In GTA 4, Rockstar is giving its players more freedom, more choice, and more sense of control over their destiny - the structure of GTA4's storyline is quite different to it's predecessors as it can be told in a number of different ways. You can talk to people in person, by cell phones, and there are a bunch of other ways of giving the player information. In general it's a different experience, with new ways of interacting with the characters and the game world.

There are some other really good tidbits in that interview, worth a peek.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: