http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 12:36:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GT4 question  (Read 1561 times)
programmerbob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2005, 03:03:43 PM »

I was wondering, does anyone know of a list of steering wheels that are supported by the game? It's a non purchase if my red momo force steering wheel doesn't work. It worked fine in GT3 using the USB port.

Xbox Live tag: joephis1
AIM/ESO Tag: UTBurner
Laner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 04:46:06 PM »

The MOMO Force doesn't work...

http://firingsquad.com/games/gran_turismo_4/page3.asp
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 06:59:30 PM »

So you need the new wheel with 900 degree turn radius to play?

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 07:04:57 PM »

I was looking yesterday in EB and it appeared that the less expensive mad catz wheel would work with the game. Don't think it has force feedback though.

I can't justify 150bucks for that 900 degree wheel.  I need to figure out before tonight if the mad catz does work well with it or not.  I have the friggin game preordered.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 07:16:15 PM »

Well I'm gonna buy the wheel just to be sure. I don't want to get home tonight all revved up ready to play and find out my wheel won't work. I refuse to play any racing sim with a controller; just doesn't feel right to me.

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 07:17:31 PM »

Just seems .... expensive ... 150 bucks for a wheel for one game.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 07:25:29 PM »

Well the wheel is supported by other games as well. However the only racing series on PS2 that I like is the GT series. Forza is next on my list after GT4. Mainly for the online element that GT4 left out.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 07:28:52 PM »

To add: I played GT3 for a year. The first couple of months it was about the only game I ever played. So you can kinda tell I'm a fan of the series.   biggrin

WoW has been the only game I've been playing for about 3 months I think. GT4 will cut into that time for awhile. No other game other than Forza is even on my radar. I quite honestly am not too hyped about anything else within the near future. So for me, the wheel purchase is worth it.

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 07:55:38 PM »

Forza is actually my major problem with investing 150 bucks in this wheel.  It won't work on the xbox.

I'm much more interested in Forza than GT4 (GT4 been a tough choice for me but i'll probably get it as a holdover).  I was leaning towards trying the madcatz wheel because of its ability to work on the xbox and ps2....but i dunno, it could end up being a piece of crap and then i wouldn't be happy at all=(

anyone ever tried the madcatz MC2 universal racing wheel setup?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 08:23:50 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"

Hmmm...this could be true, although remember the reviewer is reviewing the Japanese release.  Things can change between that release and the US release.  Even things can change between US builds and the final version too.

Chances are the MOMO doesn't work, but who knows.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 08:46:45 PM »

I think i'm just going to try it out with the PS2 controller and see how it goes.  I'm scarred the madcatz wheel will suck and don't want to afford the DFP.  So far i've read that people are driving GT4 just fine with the gamepad.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 09:53:55 PM »

This game is seriously tempting me, but I really can't afford the Logitech wheel right now (though I'd love to have it), and I just find the PS2 controller terrible for racing games in general, especially of the sim variety.  I mean, the best option for analog gas/break is a the right stick, and that just don't work for me.

The Xbox controller, on the other hand, is at least serviceable with the triggers approximating the gas and break pedals pretty well.  It's not great, but it gets the job done.

Now, if the Logitech wheel was fully compatible with both GT4 and Forza, my wallet would be out in a heartbeat.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 10:15:09 PM »

Just played GT4 with the new wheel.

Bolt that baby down if you get one!

I don't have a table so I need to use the leg-holder thing and nearly ripped my knees off trying one of the rally races!!! :shock:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 01:20:12 AM »

You guys realize that that wheel has been on sale at amazon for a while now, right?

Driving Force Pro

(If I get this link to work, I'll be amazed. edit- yay! the link did work.  I rock!)

I've been cursing myself.  I hear the game is an 'experience' with the wheel, and just MOTS without it.  But I agree, $100 for a wheel for a system in it's llast year is steeeeep.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 01:56:20 AM »

Quote from: "Fuzzballx"
Forza is actually my major problem with investing 150 bucks in this wheel.  It won't work on the xbox.

I'm much more interested in Forza than GT4 (GT4 been a tough choice for me but i'll probably get it as a holdover).  I was leaning towards trying the madcatz wheel because of its ability to work on the xbox and ps2....but i dunno, it could end up being a piece of crap and then i wouldn't be happy at all=(

anyone ever tried the madcatz MC2 universal racing wheel setup?

The Mad Catz wheel is godawful.  Seriously bad.  I prefer the XBox controller.

I have the Logitech DFP.  I love it.  It also works on the PC (though w/ no Force Feedback), so that offsets the cost some.

Waiting for 6:30PST to go get my copy of GT4.

gellar
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 02:53:26 AM »

I got it tonight and i've been playing it with the gamepad.  It works pretty well but is very sensitive at all speeds with the pad.  Looks like the only fun way to play this is going to be the expensive wheel.  Which i could go for if this game blew me away.

I'm just underwhelmed so far.  Was hoping this would surprise me but...it's not so far.

It looks like GT3 in a higher resolution (playing at 1080i on a widescreen), it sounds like GT3 only a little better defined), I hate the music, The driving doesn't grab me at all.

Gamer's like me must be crazy, we read the same thing about a game 5 times and play the prequel and then expect to be totally surprised for the better when we buy the new shiny disc....never happens.  I should have known GT4 wouldn't be my taste.

This will not hold me over till Forza, i enjoy the Forza demo more than this and its an early build.  To me there is just no comparison in the driving physics.  Having tasted heavin I cannot settle for less.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: