http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 02:14:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Vampires: Bloodlines forum  (Read 2609 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2004, 07:37:24 PM »

I love Consolegold but we are a more general games forum so sometimes I find it good to check games specific sites.  

This forum is just about Bloodlines and I am finding a lot of good thread and somce intellegent conversation.

Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 07:45:01 PM »

Thanks for the link.  I was trying to find a good forum for the game to look through.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 09:55:45 PM »

Ooo THANKS!  There is a post there about enabling the console, about adding this to the shortcut:

-console -sv_cheats 1

I am going to try to get around my bug using that.

giftxp x

-- gives some experience

give item

-- gives an item

"I spill my drink!"    [Currently playing: Civ IV (PC), Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2)]
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 04:20:01 AM »

There is a thread on there from a dev about how to properly circumvent the big gamestopper too.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 06:27:13 AM »

Is there a command for enabling the histories into the game too?

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 03:40:14 PM »

Quote from: "Fellow"
Is there a command for enabling the histories into the game too?

I remember a thread about it on the forum I linked too.  I can't remember the specifics.  Sorry.  But it is there

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 01:50:00 AM »

Did some digging, and found it.

Incase anyone's curious about switching on the histories in character option, go to your (whateverdrive'n path)\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire\cfg

Open up config.cfg in notepad.

Do a search for vchar_edit_histories, and change the value from 0 to 1.

That said, I know there's one that flatout crashes the game, and the reason the rest were not put fully into the game is because they didn't playtest them all. So, it's very possible some might create an overpowered character.

I suppose I'd suggest this AFTER you've already completed the game through once.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 03:31:25 AM »

What are character histories?
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 04:50:11 AM »

In the character creation screen, where you're picking the sex of your fellow, along with his or her vampire type, you'll get a third option for histories.

The histories are basically like personality traits, that give your character a bit of finetuning. They may add a point here, and substract a point there. Nothing too major.

If you're interested, feel free to edit it, and then scroll through the histories for each vampire-type in the creation. And you can always choose none, if none of them strikes your fancy.

olaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 05:56:00 AM »

Is there a way to turn on AA or Aniso via the cfg file?  I know I can force it at the driver level, but if there is an ingame way, I prefer it.

olaf
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 12:24:45 AM »

I would hope/think so since it can be in HL2, but it is an earlier version so I don't know for sure.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 06:17:03 PM »

My only complaint with that site is that they condone a lot of chat about piracy.  That has always bugged me, but its not my show so I don't control the curtains. smile  

The cool thing about using this engine is that is is VERY moddable, so I fully expect that we'll see the Vampire community take this game to the next level as soon as they stop playing it long enough to work on it. slywink

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 06:39:25 PM »

I hope your right Ron. Vampire is my GOTY, and my favorite gaming site, Eurogamer, allowed that idiot Kieron Gillian to review it. Result, the game got 7/10. This is the same guy that gave DX2 92%, and told anyone who disagreed they were idiots. Vampire didn't even make the English gaming chart top 50. The game has it's problems, but so did Fallout ( a lot of bugs), BG2 (pathfinding), Deus Ex (awful performance, similar to Vampire), Morrowind (NPCs are dead), Ultima 7 (a mountain of bugs), and nearly every single RPG that I've loved. I just hope that this game sells well, as these are the type of games that I love, and it seems that there is no longer a market for them.
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 02:44:28 AM »

FWIW, the site this thread refers to is kaput. Seems they just pulled the plug outta nowhere. They redirect you to another site(gamespy...eeww), but it appears all the threads from dilapidation are gone. Shades of GG. Wonder if Rich ran that site too :shock:
Tony
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 04:08:53 AM »

Yeah, I noticed it was gone too.  I kept looking at the website to see if any progress was being made for the official patch.  At this rate it may never happen.  frown
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2004, 04:45:18 AM »

They got hacked, and all the forum threads were deleted.  They moved to planet vampire because gamespy offered to let the guy run it and they'll pick up bandwith costs.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2004, 01:53:24 PM »

Yeah it was kind of hard for him to resist.  Getting to run the Vampire site on Gamespy, having costs paid, etc.

Even though it is different I hope the new forums will become popular again.  So go post your questions about the patch etc.!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: