http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 06:57:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GRAW - Out Tomorrow in Many Stores  (Read 3840 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:52:32 PM »

Looks like Ghost Recon will be out a day sooner than expected in many stores. I was just checking the Xbox 360 forums and many people were saying their EB's and Gamestop's were now saying the game would be available tomorrow.  I guess the game has shipped and most stores have it (some had it as early as last Friday), but there is a street date on it of Midnight tonight.....so if your store has it in now, expect it on the shelves tomorrow! smile

I just called the gamestop near me and they confirmed they would have it for sale tomorrow morning!  biggrin

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 11:05:19 PM »

Finally.  A reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy big game I have longed for.  I can't wait to get my grubby paws on this baby.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:26:30 AM »

Is Gamestop running any trade in deals for GRAW or 360 titles?  I'm trying to decide between picking up Shadow Hearts:FTNW or GRAW this week (both will be picked up eventually) and if GS has any good trade-in deals I might actually be able to get both.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 12:46:07 AM »

I believe EB is giving an additional 20% on all trade-ins toward 360 games.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 01:09:38 AM »

"Release" trailer

http://wwws.xboxyde.com/news_2624_en.html

:shock:

I can't wait for tomorrow!

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 01:25:01 AM »

I am very disappointed.....A thread started by Hetz AND a reply by Hetz and no mention of Oblivion...Are you feeling ok?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 01:43:14 AM »

What the hell happened to the demo hetz?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 02:18:24 AM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
What the hell happened to the demo hetz?

Have to ask MS that. The demo is done and they are sitting on it.

I'm hearing it could be out tomorrow, but we will see.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 02:23:25 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
"Release" trailer

http://wwws.xboxyde.com/news_2624_en.html

:shock:

I can't wait for tomorrow!

ohmysweetmotherofgod....  :shock:

and the new Shadow Hearts is out tomorrow... I may just switch my pre-order over if it's available tomorrow since I'm still working my way through the original Shadow Hearts.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 02:47:20 AM »

I'm buying two more wireless controllers in anticipation for this game.  Then, I'll invite my friends over for some late night co-op on release day.

Unfortunately, I buy all my console games from a friendly locally owned store, so they're not likely to have it in on ship day.  More likely it'll be on Wednesday or Thursday.  This sucks only because I have no class or work tomorrow (Tue), and I'm not going to buy mine from a corporate store just to get it a day early.

Gamestop and the like are probably having their boxes drop shipped express to their stores to get it on release day, this is one of their main advantages over chain stores like Walmart.  I doubt the game actually released a day early, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Of course, this won't stop me from checking in tomorrow to see if they did get it early.  If so, co-op in the Nicaragua campaign here I come.

Oh, and new news about the co-op campaign.  Right now it's only (I think) 4-5 actual missions and not complete in box.  Instead, the rest of the campaign will be released as downloads on Live and should eventually be 3-4 sets of 4-5 missions.

If in the future, they release more co-op campaigns on Live for purchase, I know I'll buy them.
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 03:00:48 AM »

I will be VERY surprised if this is in stores tomorrow. When was the last time a major release was actually in stores on its release date??

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
depward

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 03:04:33 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
and the new Shadow Hearts is out tomorrow... I may just switch my pre-order over if it's available tomorrow since I'm still working my way through the original Shadow Hearts.....

NOOOOoooOOOoooooo!!!

biggrin   It's OK.  For me it's Shadow Hearts >>> Everything.  Plus if you're playing through the original SH might as well wait.

PLUS you can be another person to give some impressions for GRAW!  I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone how it is.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 03:10:15 AM »

Quote from: "Cleric7"
I will be VERY surprised if this is in stores tomorrow. When was the last time a major release was actually in stores on its release date??

It's actually in many stores already. It was shipped to most stores late last week. The street date is tomorrow.

The Target near me has had it in back since Friday.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 03:15:07 AM »

Also, all Gamestop.com preorders are shipping tonight.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 03:15:54 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
PLUS you can be another person to give some impressions for GRAW!  I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone how it is.

I can tell you right now there is no pink, nor princess', nor peaches involved so I guess you're out, aren't ya Britney?  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 06:38:37 AM »

Do yourselves a favor.  Go here:
http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1283/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Advanced-Warfighter/p1/

Read the co-op gameplay hands on impressions.

Also download any videos they have of the gameplay, these are gameplay videos that are only slightly edited.  They have long stretches of gameplay that's uncut.

Unfortunately, it does look like the AI is a bit weak in co-op mode at least.  No idea if it's just because of co-op mode, low difficulty setting, or weak AI in general.  I suspect I'll enjoy the game anyway due to co-op and the multiplayer in general.

If you go to the main GRAW page on that site it links to other videos and previews.  These are the main reason why I'll be buying day one.  You can get a good impression of how the game is by watching those videos and reading.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 06:48:22 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
Do yourselves a favor.  Go here:
http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1283/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Advanced-Warfighter/p1/

Read the co-op gameplay hands on impressions.

Also download any videos they have of the gameplay, these are gameplay videos that are only slightly edited.  They have long stretches of gameplay that's uncut.

Unfortunately, it does look like the AI is a bit weak in co-op mode at least.  No idea if it's just because of co-op mode, low difficulty setting, or weak AI in general.  I suspect I'll enjoy the game anyway due to co-op and the multiplayer in general.

If you go to the main GRAW page on that site it links to other videos and previews.  These are the main reason why I'll be buying day one.  You can get a good impression of how the game is by watching those videos and reading.
All those impressions sounded just awesome to me. can't wait to get this tomorrow, I hope I can find it somewhere.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 12:58:37 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
Quote from: "depward"

I can tell you right now there is no pink, nor princess', nor peaches involved so I guess you're out, aren't ya Britney?  Tongue

That made me laugh.   biggrin

- - -

And regarding Turtle's link....   where is the emoticon to show a person just wet themselves in anticipation for a game?  Holy crap that co-op stuff sounds fun.  Someone should start a special thread to see who is "IN!" for co-op mode on the x360 this week.

So much for me "holding off" to get the PC version.  I have about as much self-discipline as a doorknob.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 03:24:15 PM »

I'll be swinging by Best Buy at lunch, hopefully it'll be shelved there.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 04:00:24 PM »

Quote from: "denoginizer"
I believe EB is giving an additional 20% on all trade-ins toward 360 games.

This is correct. If you have 360 games t trade in, you can instead do the trade in 2 360 games, get a new one free, which is back on. That should rock for...say...Oblivion collector's ed.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 04:52:58 PM »

Bah.  My local gamestop says the preorders will be in tomorrow.... may be time to go cruise Target/Best Buy/Walmart/EB...

Living in the middle of the country sucks sometimes  Cool

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 05:24:08 PM »

The lying bastards at my Gamestop now say that it was "delayed" and will be in tomorrow...   :roll:

...but they did have my copy of College Hoops 2k6 in! smile

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 05:24:34 PM »

GAH.  TOO MUCH TO BUY.

gellar
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 05:41:39 PM »

Just called my local EB and they said that there is a good chance that they'll be getting copies in this afternoon. So check your local gaming store after work today, you might be in luck!

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2006, 05:48:22 PM »

The lying bastards at my Gamestop now say that it was "delayed" and will be in tomorrow...   :roll:

How can something that was in their back room for days be "delayed"??

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2006, 05:58:37 PM »

Best Buy here in Manhattan says they won't be in until Friday.  I may check EB/Gamestop if I feel like walking after work, but I'd much rather spend quality time during my spring break relaxing rather than walking around looking for a game that may or may not be out.

The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2006, 06:09:29 PM »

My Gamestop said it is streetdated for tomorrow, that's why they can't sell it.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2006, 06:40:08 PM »

Good question. Which is why I put the :roll: in....

Here is some info on the situation:

so, not sure if anyone has said this already, but the e-mail that went out to EB/GS stores, the entire company, that specifically said that it would be sold in stores today was incorrect. stupid guy who writes the e-mails. i'm not at work today, but my poor boss is having to call our 50+ preorders and do damage control since we told everyone today. lame.

Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2006, 07:23:36 PM »

Thanks for the update, Hetz.

I find myself more and more frustrated with EB/Gamestop -- they are increasingly unreliable in regards to "in-store" dates (something that used to be a strength for them) They also are nothing short of terrible when it comes to giving honest information to their customers. The written policy to their employees is "Just say anything!" to get the customer off your back momentarily. For a company that is floundering with the growth of Walmart and Best Buy, they are seriously undermining the only market they have left.

Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2006, 07:24:20 PM »

Looks like a street date/miscommunication scenario.  Games will show up in the GameStop system with an actual ship date but it's not always clear if there is a street date as well.  It's possible that either corporate didn't know there was a street date or they didn't make it clear to stores.

As for stores telling everyone the date in their computer, that's why I always told people to wait for the automated phone message.  I can't remember a time when the game beat the phone message.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2006, 07:33:53 PM »

Sarkus, you work at GS right? Do you know when they are allowed to sell the game?
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2006, 07:35:37 PM »

This is 2006
GRAW is one of the biggest games of the year.
There are warehouses, there are trucks, there are shipping manifests. At any point in time, any competent company would be able to pinpoint where their product is and exactly when it will arrive in stores.

EB can never -- NEVER -- tell me with any degree of certainty if a title will be in-store the following day.

This is nothing but faulty infrastructure. My own company ships dozens of shipments a week to up to 200 hundred different customers across North America. A little process called "scanning a bar code" makes it easy to track where any given shipment is at any time. We can tell a customer within hours when their shipment will arrive.

I have stood in my local EB while the manager goes on the phone to his head office and is told -- by head office, mind you -- that they have no idea where the item is or when it might arrive!

That is bad business, plain and simple.

Booner

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2006, 07:58:03 PM »

IGN Review of GR:AW.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2006, 08:09:14 PM »

Quote from: "Booner"
IGN Review of GR:AW.

Thanks booner!!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2006, 08:49:21 PM »

Good Lord that game sounds fantastic.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2006, 08:51:18 PM »

Just got back from EBGames. Paid for GRAW and Oblivion and awaiting the call that says the game is released.  biggrin

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2006, 09:06:59 PM »

These next couple weeks are going to be pure gaming bliss....

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2006, 09:15:26 PM »

Oh yeah.  Just made the connection that Oblivion comes out during my spring break.  Order some pizza... lay in some drinks... never leave the room.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2006, 10:10:15 PM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
Oh yeah.  Just made the connection that Oblivion comes out during my spring break.  Order some pizza... lay in some drinks... never leave the room.

I took that week off of work. Now watch, my Xbox 360 will break.

Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2006, 10:15:14 PM »

This is 2006
GRAW is one of the biggest games of the year.
There are warehouses, there are trucks, there are shipping manifests. At any point in time, any competent company would be able to pinpoint where their product is and exactly when it will arrive in stores.

EB can never -- NEVER -- tell me with any degree of certainty if a title will be in-store the following day.

This is nothing but faulty infrastructure. My own company ships dozens of shipments a week to up to 200 hundred different customers across North America. A little process called "scanning a bar code" makes it easy to track where any given shipment is at any time. We can tell a customer within hours when their shipment will arrive.

I have stood in my local EB while the manager goes on the phone to his head office and is told -- by head office, mind you -- that they have no idea where the item is or when it might arrive!

That is bad business, plain and simple.

I'm glad you're so convinced that your company is exactly like retail!

Here's the reality from a former GameStop store manager: Most games don't show up at the corporate warehouse until the day of release.  Until they show up we can't say for sure that we will have it the following day because sometimes they don't actually show up.  When they do show up they have to be shipped to the stores.  Mistakes are made.  The shipping company makes mistakes.  Since when have FedEx and UPS been perfect?  There were more than a few cases I personally experienced where a game shipped overnight didn't show up in the store due to shipper error.  Stuff doesn't get picked up sometimes, other times there are weather issues, who knows.

When you add in street dates to this mix you just add another level of confusion.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: