http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 04:35:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GRAW is Gold  (Read 811 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2006, 10:21:41 PM »

PR piece going up shortly - thought you guys should know though.  360 and Xbox hitting on the 9th, as planned.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 11:13:21 PM »

That is so goddamn awesome! I can't wait to play this one. With the PC delay, I am so on this one for 360.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 11:14:45 PM »

Already have mine paid for at Gamerush.  Just waiting for the beloved call.   I could give a rats ass about having this weekend.  Just get straight to next week and give me this game already.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 11:17:03 PM »

Uh... dammit.  There's another game I have to buy.

gellar
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 07:15:39 AM »

Speaking of which, two new developer diaries were posted on the live marketplace for download.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 12:42:42 PM »

What is the new date for the PC version?  That is the one I pre-ordered.

I will of course rent the 360 version though.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 01:16:41 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
What is the new date for the PC version?  That is the one I pre-ordered.

I will of course rent the 360 version though.

I think all they are saying is the second quarter of 2006 (possibly May).   If they delay it again (after this time) then I'm going to start to worry-  remember what happened with GR2 for the PC?  Also, apparently the PS2 version of GRAW is MIA; I read a news article the PS2 logo was suddenly gone for the GRAW website.  I can't confirm it though, my PC at work doesn't have Flash on it (it won't install for some reason).

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 01:41:27 PM »

Quick question:  I didn't see this answered the articles I've read.  Can you play the co-op split-screen?  Or is it only through live?

This makes a big difference in whether or not I get the game.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 02:56:53 PM »

There was a recent writeup about the PC version on Gamespot.  Like, very recent.  I would be monumentally bummed if they scrapped it like GR2 with all the work they have already put into it.  Even if it's 10 weeks out though, that's not really all that long to wait for me.  

Regarding the split screen question, I can't be positive, but I am relatively sure Turtle (or someone) mentioned earlier that it will definately have it where Live is not needed.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
There was a recent writeup about the PC version on Gamespot.  Like, very recent.  I would be monumentally bummed if they scrapped it like GR2 with all the work they have already put into it.  Even if it's 10 weeks out though, that's not really all that long to wait for me.

Yah, I was not happy when 2 didn't make it to PC. The original + expansions is still my favorite FPS.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 08:19:04 PM »

GR2 was going to be just another console port, it probably would have sucked on the PC.  This time around the PC version was being developed by a second team alongside the console version, and since the game is basically complete, it'd be a very stupid move to scrap the game now.  So, don't worry.  This is probably just a delay to iron out one or two last big bugs, maybe work on a patch, put in the copy protection (most likely starforce), and print the boxes.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 08:19:06 PM »

I really doubt the PC version will be cancelled as it is almost complete. It is going to be released almost for sure in May, they are delaying supposedly to clean up the graphics and stuff.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 08:20:39 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
I really doubt the PC version will be cancelled as it is almost complete. It is going to be released almost for sure in May, they are delaying supposedly to clean up the graphics and stuff.

I'll believe that when I see product on the shelf.  They said the same thing about GR2 for the PC, and then less than a month before release the PC symbol just disappeared from the website...much like the PS2 icon has left the GRAW site.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 10:05:11 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"

Wasn't Full Throttle 2 and Sam and Max 2 almost completed when they got cancelled?  I never would have thought it might happen with Ubisoft pre- GR2, but since that (and especially after Lockdown(not getting cancel but how they raped the franchise)) I wouldn't put anything past them.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 10:16:24 PM »

FT2 and S&M2 were both contracted by LucasArts, and you know how Lucasarts can be.

Are you guys forgetting that GR2 would have been a console port, just like lockdown?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: