http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 11:13:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grandia 3 English video  (Read 749 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2005, 02:58:25 AM »

For some reason, SquareEnix hasn't made an official announcement yet, but this new video, complete with English text and voiceovers, is pretty convincing evidence that the game is coming to the US.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 04:19:13 AM »

Oh man... Grandia 3 and Rogue Galaxy probably coming to the US next year?  I'm in heaven!  biggrin  I was only peripherally interested in Rogue Galaxy until I realized that Level-5 is the developer behind it.  Now, especially with what a wonderful job they've done with DQ8 (31 hours in and I can't stop thinking about the game and wanting to play it more and more!) I'm very eager to get Rogue Galaxy once it's out.  That and the gameplay video someone linked to here has me really stoked for that!

And now, Grandia 3... I've been a huge fan of both Grandia 1 and 2 (I liked 1 marginally better even though for some reason most people couldn't stomach the "happy" nature of the majority of the game) and have really been hoping to see 3 brought over to the US.  Excellent tidings, EddieA!  You just made my day.  smile

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 04:49:11 AM »

I wasn't terribly interested about Grandia III, as I really didn't care for either previous installment.  However, G3 looks flat out gorgeous, and DQVIII is doing wonders to change my mindset about (mainly) Enix developed games.  This one will definately be worth a look.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 07:07:44 AM »

There's a teaser site for the English version here with a promise of the official site coming soon.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 06:24:47 PM »

I think this looks great.  I hope we get more details and a relase date, or at least a ballpark number.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 07:01:09 PM »

From what I've seen from that video and the Japanese videos, it looks to be a keeper.  PS2 + RPG = smile

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 07:40:18 PM »

Rumors are that it's coming in spring, which would make sense given that they just put up the website.  It's looking like Grandia 3 and Kingdom Hearts 2 will be released in back-to-back months, probably with KH2 in March/April and G3 in April/May.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 07:04:42 AM »

Similar to the Slime Knights page, SquareEnix has opened a fan page for the game here.  It definitely looks like the game is not too far from release smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: