http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:24:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3,360,PS4,XB1,PC] Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 38020 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: October 01, 2013, 04:43:21 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 01, 2013, 04:35:11 AM

I would put that entire post in spoiler tags if I were you, CeeKay.

sorry, tried to make it as generic as possible, but I'm assuming the order of the heists are predetermined so I nuked the vague descriptions.  didn't think the other bit would be too spoilerific, but nuked that as well.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 01, 2013, 10:28:24 AM »

Online is up now on Xbox 360(30 minutes early)

EDIT: er,yeah i think i will leave that for a few days,online sessions are not loading and the pop up looks absolutely terrible

Thankfully i still have 20 missions to do in the single player(and the rest of the other stuff in game),so i am fine for now
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:50:56 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 01, 2013, 02:15:21 PM »

figured as much.

Because I can,
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 01, 2013, 02:39:47 PM »

Rockstar status page..
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246
Ironically, it is currently down..
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1084 on: October 01, 2013, 02:58:17 PM »

yeah, quick count, who here is surprised?  anyone?  Bueller?

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 01, 2013, 03:10:53 PM »

From The Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/gta-online-live-updates-news-2326232)
who is getting live updates/posts from people.

"Speculation over link between Government shut down in the US and launch of GTAV online continues to grow"
and
"Obama just wanted the day off to play some GTA online"

icon_razz
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 01, 2013, 03:17:39 PM »

Online now corrupting some peoples single player save files

CVG

Game journalist Chris Schilling commented on Twitter: "So GTA Online isn't working for me and it's corrupted my single player save. Excellent."

CVG has seen numerous messages from fans reporting similar issues. It is unclear whether this is a file corruption problem or, due to the heavy traffic, a cloud sync issue. The latter is more likely a problem that can be fixed.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 01, 2013, 03:27:45 PM »

ouch.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1088 on: October 01, 2013, 03:51:17 PM »

that sucks.  I'd hate to lose progress on the SP now.  I think I'll back up the save to usb just in case before I play.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1089 on: October 01, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »

I'll just say what I always say in cases like this: If you're a gamer (ie. not just a casual player who wouldn't know better) and save to only one slot, you deserve what you get.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 01, 2013, 04:44:10 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 01, 2013, 04:41:45 PM

I'll just say what I always say in cases like this: If you're a gamer (ie. not just a casual player who wouldn't know better) and save to only one slot, you deserve what you get.
I "think" this is corrupting all save games regardless of where they are stored or how many you have.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 01, 2013, 11:05:10 PM »

GTA 5 is affected by the .gov shutdown:

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 01, 2013, 11:47:53 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on October 01, 2013, 04:44:10 PM

Quote from: TiLT on October 01, 2013, 04:41:45 PM

I "think" this is corrupting all save games regardless of where they are stored or how many you have.

Has anyone here run into this problem? Kind of nervous to even try playing SP today.. Really wouldn't want to have to start over...
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 02, 2013, 12:11:11 AM »

Quote from: Greggy_D on October 01, 2013, 11:05:10 PM

GTA 5 is affected by the .gov shutdown:

Awesome  icon_biggrin

Regarding losing saved games, it would seem prudent to unhook from the internet before powering up, then copying the saves to a stick and removing the stick then power down. After this you can reconnect to the net, power up and return to playing. Should you run into problems you can go off line and re-install the saves. Does this make sense?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 02, 2013, 12:22:01 AM »

played some online.  it starts off a bit scripted, had a race against Lamar, then went on a job.  got about halfway through the job solo when the server went wacky and suddenly I had to go back to that job with a crew.  kept all the money I picked up from the first time, not sure if I lost XP or not.  so, we completed the job, went through the cutscene, and then one of the guys decides he's going to try and beat me up.  As he seems to be hitting even when I dodge I high tail it out of there, and he is smart enough not to try and chase me as I go around a corner and get my gun out.  I go clothes shopping, and go on a liquor store robbery with a random player.  we get out of there, but apparently 'stick together' means decide to jump out of the car I'm driving and run off.  yep, no cash from that run.  however, I did get the guys car, and it is a nice muscle car.  went got my free tracker, respray and insurance on it, then unsuccessfully try and join a last man standing game before logging off for a bit.

oh, and I banked all my money.  looks like the game automatically pulls cash from your bank account, even when you accidentally click on a weapon upgrade and spend more money than you meant to.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: October 02, 2013, 12:46:03 AM »

Potentially silly question.... Regarding GTAV Online, does it make a difference how far you have progressed in the SP campaign? Not meaning cosmetic differences, but the actual gameplay experience?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 02, 2013, 12:48:27 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on October 02, 2013, 12:46:03 AM

Potentially silly question.... Regarding GTAV Online, does it make a difference how far you have progressed in the SP campaign? Not meaning cosmetic differences, but the actual gameplay experience?

I don't think so.  the online world is set in a time period before the main game, so there shouldn't be any spoilers.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 02, 2013, 12:52:54 AM »

also, when you die it gets weird.  you'll see.  the game also seems to respawn you close to where you die, which can lead to 'live!' BANG 'fuck'.  of course I got that guy back, moron thought it was a safe idea to follow me up a ladder I just climbed up.  I'd would have loved to have heard what he said as his head popped up over the side and I blasted him.

already totaled the car.  misjudged what was on the other side of a hill, turned out it was a small pond....  thank god for insurance!

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 02, 2013, 02:37:40 AM »

How the hell are you playing Ceekay?    I can't get past the loading screen for the intro mission.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 02, 2013, 02:43:46 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 02, 2013, 02:37:40 AM

How the hell are you playing Ceekay?    I can't get past the loading screen for the intro mission.

I guess I got lucky.  Does it seem to be trying to find players for the race?  I was surprised when it just pitted me against the AI (Lamar) instead of human racers, made winning the race very easy biggrin  it didn't dump me into a world with other players until I'd been playing for about 15 minutes, maybe I glitched my way through.

ps.  be prepared for a lot of douchebaggery.  The game warns that there are 'good sports' and 'bad sports', and bad sports will eventually be lumped together by themselves, but who knows how long it takes for the game to determine that.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #1100 on: October 02, 2013, 04:14:05 AM »

Yeah, tired of waiting for the mp to load that first race as well. Tried three times before I gave up.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 02, 2013, 04:15:40 AM »

oh, and important safety tip:  remember that MP doesn't pause, so if you decide to check the map screen while speeding down the highway.....

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 02, 2013, 05:21:14 AM »

played some more GTAO.  the mission Crooked Cop is crazy, a mission with team deathmatch built in.  also did some racing, some regular team deathmatch, and another mission we failed stealing a vehicle.  the one bad thing is the game doesn't seem to autobalance teams on its own; Crooked Cop with 16 players spawned us with 2 cars, and I had to grab my own because we had 9 on our side.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 02, 2013, 05:25:51 AM »

oh, and performance wise had some lag in the cop mission, but other than that smooth sailing.  still, it was annoying to go and try to send a cop car into a tailspin only to have it disappear.

if people are still having trouble getting past the opening race I can try and invite them into the game tonight (Wednesday).  I saw a couple on but everyone was in missions whenever I checked, and didn't want to interrupt y'all.

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 02, 2013, 02:48:47 PM »

The bottleneck is definitely the first race.     I tried for 2 hours.   I went private game.   I went solo.   Nothing would work.

It's frustrating knowing that other players got through that race and are busy making progress while the rest of us are stuck outside.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 02, 2013, 03:06:10 PM »

I got in an hour yesterday and a couple more today with the Online mode

I am not yet ready to write it off,but i have not been that impressed with it(this does not include technical difficulties,that are much better today)

Team Deathmatch is Deathmatch in disguise and I hope i am wrong but newly spawned people flash in a DM game and you can't kill them,but they can kill you..it seems like the early online games from 10 years ago with their dumbass decisions so i really can't believe that is the case which is why i hope i am wrong somehow,but it happened all the time

Right now,i enjoyed GTAIV Online better...but as i say,i will still give it more time

oh yeah,Character creation is pretty fucking awful,i appreciate what R* are trying to do,but still doesn't stop it from sucking Rhino dick

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1106 on: October 02, 2013, 03:38:42 PM »

yeah, I love getting to create a character by selecting what their grandparents looked like.  half of the characters I got on my first attempt looked like they had been dropped down the stairs as a baby.  finally got a decent looking one with John Marston as my father, which makes me a very young looking 100 year old. 

I like that they have an easy way to go online when you load the game up instead of RDR/GTA IV's model of loading SP first, then reload MP.  I'd appreciate the MP notices that people on my friends list are posting a lot more if I could actually join them. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 02, 2013, 03:43:50 PM »

Quote from: Caine on October 02, 2013, 03:38:42 PM

I like that they have an easy way to go online when you load the game up instead of RDR/GTA IV's model of loading SP first, then reload MP.  I'd appreciate the MP notices that people on my friends list are posting a lot more if I could actually join them. 

I almost missed the 'hit A to go online', great idea there.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 02, 2013, 04:46:23 PM »

it just occurred to me:  once people start getting sniper rifles the free roam section is going to get evil.  I think I know what Day Z feels like now-  you see a player heading your way chances are they aren't coming to say hi.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1109 on: October 02, 2013, 04:59:10 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 02, 2013, 04:46:23 PM

it just occurred to me:  once people start getting sniper rifles the free roam section is going to get evil.  I think I know what Day Z feels like now-  you see a player heading your way chances are they aren't coming to say hi.

That'll get them quickly shuffled off towards other players of the same kind on the servers though, if they hadn't already been. If you play nice, you'll most likely end up playing with others like you.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: October 02, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 02, 2013, 04:59:10 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 02, 2013, 04:46:23 PM

That'll get them quickly shuffled off towards other players of the same kind on the servers though, if they hadn't already been. If you play nice, you'll most likely end up playing with others like you.

I'm curious how long it will take for the game to start shoving the bad sports off to be with their own kind.  I also wonder what counts towards becoming one; if you accidentally kill someone with friendly fire because they run forward into your line of fire count?  it may have happened last night, some guy decided to Leroy Jenkins a bunch of baddies as the rest of us took cover and opened fire icon_lol

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 02, 2013, 11:39:53 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted before....15 Secret Tips and Tricks for GTA V

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 03, 2013, 12:18:45 AM »

Just saw this over on the Rockstar newswire, it's apparently from yesterday. Don't know if the info has already been disseminated in this thread or not, so here goes....
In addition to opening up access to Grand Theft Auto Online, today's automatic update for GTAV on both platforms features a host of fixes for issues you may have encountered in Story Mode. See below for a list of prominent fixes, and if you have any problems downloading this update or are experiencing technical issues not addressed here, please hit up our tech support team at the Rockstar Support Site or on Twitter.

Fix for interface issues when using Internet on the cell phone after completing the game, or during a mission replay
Fix for the Vanilla Unicorn occasionally becoming locked
Fix for issues where the character’s money could drop below zero and become stuck there
Fix for the Epsilon Program missions not progressing properly after delivering some cars
Fix for issue where the Atomic Blimp sometimes does not appear as a phone contact for Collector’s Edition owners
Fix for issues with saved vehicles going missing, or losing their upgrades
Fixes for several map escape and collision issues along with other various bug fixes

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 03, 2013, 12:49:02 AM »

I am still unable to do anything in GTA V O.

Single player game companies should stick to single player games.

Moving on.....
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 03, 2013, 01:30:14 AM »

Those that aren't trying to sign up for insurance are trying to play GTAO. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 03, 2013, 01:30:52 AM »

I see people playing on my friends' list and it's infuriating.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 03, 2013, 01:57:12 AM »

after some more 'co-op' games why do I get the feeling the 'good sport' worlds are going to be empty?

also, does it feel like the cars handle a bit differently online?  if feels like I'm spinning out way more, and the brakes feel touchier as well.  oh, and looks like if you get a call that takes you into a cutscene you stay on the map, as I found out coming out of a cutscene with a couple of other players shooting at me (even had the red damage flashers as it was playing).  thankfully you're invincible during it and for a second coming out, which may help if there is only one guy but not two.

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 03, 2013, 02:10:55 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 03, 2013, 01:57:12 AM

after some more 'co-op' games why do I get the feeling the 'good sport' worlds are going to be empty?

also, does it feel like the cars handle a bit differently online?  if feels like I'm spinning out way more, and the brakes feel touchier as well.  oh, and looks like if you get a call that takes you into a cutscene you stay on the map, as I found out coming out of a cutscene with a couple of other players shooting at me (even had the red damage flashers as it was playing).  thankfully you're invincible during it and for a second coming out, which may help if there is only one guy but not two.

I have no freakin clue, because I can't play the damned game.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1118 on: October 03, 2013, 10:20:50 AM »

Me neither, nothing online at all yet. Still main game is great to play until issues are sorted.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1119 on: October 03, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »

didn't even bother trying last night.  really hope they get it all sorted out this weekend.  otherwise, I'll push forward to clear up the sp main missions and then go out to see how close to 100% completion I can get.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: