http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 08:20:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 36161 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: September 23, 2013, 11:18:58 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 23, 2013, 05:14:25 AM

Well, I almost hate to admit it, but I'm liking the Trevor character more and more, in a good part due to the fact that I'm finding Michael and Franklin a bit too predictable in a Rockstar GTA kind of way.  I do need to get him in a suit; maybe after I run him in a triathlon  icon_biggrin

yeah, I'm liking him too.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 23, 2013, 12:51:31 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 22, 2013, 04:53:34 PM

So, I don't have the game yet, but from what I've heard:

Spoiler for Hiden:
They've been systematically killing off every single GTA protagonist of every game in the series? I've heard many are in pretty chump ways. How does Nico die?

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't think that they killed him off.  During the first heist mission, Lester mentions that someone (Nico) was starting to make some moves in Liberty City, but has gone silent.  At the end of GTA 4 after everyone that wanted to kill him is dead, Nico was saying that he was leaving the criminal life.  So, my guess would be that he just faded into the underground.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 23, 2013, 02:04:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 23, 2013, 11:18:58 AM

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 23, 2013, 05:14:25 AM

Well, I almost hate to admit it, but I'm liking the Trevor character more and more, in a good part due to the fact that I'm finding Michael and Franklin a bit too predictable in a Rockstar GTA kind of way.  I do need to get him in a suit; maybe after I run him in a triathlon  icon_biggrin

yeah, I'm liking him too.

I think like all GTA characters, Trevor has his own sense of morality.  Or at least can have, depending on how you play him.  Now, I've only just gotten Trevor to LS, so he may still surprise me in a bad way. 

I never understand why people dismiss this series' characters as having no redeeming qualities.  Michael is trying to better himself by going to a psychiatrist.  He also seems to want a "normal" life, even though he doesn't really know how to do that, and his family is spiraling out of control.  Hell, his family is full of schmucks, but he still goes out of his way to protect them.  Franklin really, really wants to get himself out of that neighborhood and away from the people who seem to be pulling him down.  But, like Michael, he doesn't really know how to do that in any way that doesn't use the skills he developed in that neighborhood.  Trevor seems to have some loose wires, though his crazy has its own sense of logic.  I think he sees himself as a hero who solves problems he's presented in his own way.  His way often involves lots and lots of violence.

There was a discussion in a mission with Michael and his son where the son described him as one of the bad guys, and Michael was really surprised by that.  Of course, this is a basic writing/acting thing: the good (or multidimensional) villains always think they're doing the right thing.  Rockstar does a great job of giving their characters depth.  This makes them complicated and interesting and ultimately people you can root for.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 23, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »

Agree, upon futher review T is turning out to be a fun character.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 23, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »

+1 to Bullwinkle.  Trevor may act like an ass, and even be an ass, but he looks out for his people in his own bizarre way.  During the whole first few missions he keeps Ron and Wade out of the crossfire, letting them guard the rear as he takes all the heat, and I can see the fact that he doesn't give them their full cut as a way of keeping them out of trouble.  hell, if they got all the money they'd probably end up dead from their own stupidity.  add in the scene when Michael and him are reunited:

Spoiler for Hiden:
he immediately drops his concern over the money and Michael lying him to go help Tracy.

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 23, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »

That scene really jumped out to me for that reason, too.  I just love how each of the three characters has their own distinct version of a moral code.

Also, the three point of view game mechanic is just brilliant. Aside from making multi-person missions more fun and interesting, I love the way you find a character in the middle of doing something random when you switch to him. It makes it feel more like they have a full human being day/night cycle instead of just constantly driving around and doing missions.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #966 on: September 23, 2013, 03:30:57 PM »

yeah.  T has grown on me as well.  his relation with Michael has taken on a much softer turn than its first presented when he's driving to LS.  initially, you get the feeling that he's pissed at Michael directly, but it's more about how he was hurt from mourning a friend he thought he'd buried.  it should be a nice turning point once it is eventually revealed how
(don't read until after FIB mission and Michael's first mission from the agent)
Spoiler for Hiden:
Michael was working with the FIB before the heist, and his knowledge of Brad's fate.  

also, his actions after the torture scene also show a different side of his personality.  I loved this mission I did last night where he meets Lamar.  in typical Lamar fashion, a simple job goes horribly wrong.  he's 0 for 3 so far but still keeps coming up with new schemes.  he's one of my favorite side characters and R* has given us a great cast of them here.  

I had a string of bad luck trying to get back to the boonies to do more of the gun running missions.  I tried getting into the airport to take a jet north.  died after jumping out near the plane when my car blew up.  took a another plane and did one of the bridge passing.  clipped my wing on the second one (after getting credit for it) and crashed.  said screw it and drove up the highway. chased down the bike thief but died when a car took a left in front of me.  took a car up the beach route, ending up in the undeveloped areas and stumbled upon a random event and a passenger.  found out that she was a mob daughter so that giving her back to her family would be better for me financially.  had to take her all the way back to LS.  then I said "screw this" and swapped back to Franklin.  

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 23, 2013, 06:06:45 PM »

who was it who said the races were hard?,i have two road races left and they have been very straight forward 1-2 minute drives for me,that includes all the offroad races and the water races

went on this thing as well and had a tour of the Rich and Famous of Los Santos...it was very dull,LOL

This was where one of the water races was,probably the hardest one because it was raining and the waters got very choppy,still came first though Tongue

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 23, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 23, 2013, 06:06:45 PM

went on this thing as well and had a tour of the Rich and Famous of Los Santos...it was very dull,LOL

may have to check that out.

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 23, 2013, 06:22:13 PM »

How do you get the Vinewood tour to trigger?  I saw that van and thought it'd be fun to ride along for a bit, but of course I accidentally stole the car instead.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 23, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on September 23, 2013, 06:22:13 PM

How do you get the Vinewood tour to trigger?  I saw that van and thought it'd be fun to ride along for a bit, but of course I accidentally stole the car instead.

probably by pressing the right button on the finger pad
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #971 on: September 23, 2013, 08:32:12 PM »

Quote from: naednek on September 23, 2013, 08:23:59 PM

it's too bad they didn't make this a mission. let you take any of the characters through as the guide.  I'd love to hear Trevor's take on Vinewood celebrities.

also, anyone else notice that there's stars from the 3D era on the walk of stars?  I saw at least one from VC on there. 

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 23, 2013, 08:34:04 PM »

How do you get the Vinewood tour to trigger?  I saw that van and thought it'd be fun to ride along for a bit, but of course I accidentally stole the car instead.

for me it said Hold Y,however i pressed Y and realised i was about to steal it and did everything i could to cancel..it didn't cancel,but i just got on the bus and took the tour,so i must of held Y for longer than i thought

Its that woman who speaks to you about it,and then the option appears

I still have to put this out there,you're not missing much
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:35:51 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 23, 2013, 09:38:37 PM »

For all the music in the game, not much of it appealed to me and I've pretty much listened to all the music I want to hear, plus the two talk radio stations. I wish Rockstar would offer a DLC of new radio stations. I know I can just listen to my own music while playing, but I like the integration with the news and the commercials.

Speaking of commercials, it seems to me that there are fewer commercials in GTAV than there were in GTA4, or maybe they just aren't as memorable.

And maybe I'm just wistful for GTAIII and all the made up music. I actually liked a number of those songs.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #974 on: September 23, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 23, 2013, 09:38:37 PM

Speaking of commercials, it seems to me that there are fewer commercials in GTAV than there were in GTA4, or maybe they just aren't as memorable.

It's the highlighted one. The commercials seem a little more "grounded" this time around. There's nothing quite like "this knife killed 10,000 Cambodians, and now you can too" or "Some germs hate acid, some germs hate bleach. Blox kills indiscriminately" in this game, sadly. Or maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: September 23, 2013, 10:03:22 PM »

A few things i can think off that disappoints me

-No Weasel News Website,i loved reading up about my recent missions in GTAIV,sure there is a news story every now and then on the homepage when i go on the internet,but no actual news site

-No Burger Shot,Clucking bell walk ins or hot dog stands,i always have to go home to get a first aid kit to replenish my health or hope that a soda machine is about

-Yeah i am pretty much done with the radio now,so please stop turning on my radio when i start a race even though i am in the same car where i just turned the damn thing off!

-Only 4 Bail Bonds as i have said,even though they were great,having only 4 of them has made them pretty pointless

-I go to a shop,buy some great get up in clothing and then next time i switch to the character,he's changed clothes,and Franklin always wants to wear those dopey 3 quarter pair of shorts or sweatpants

-what the flying shit is going on with the Helicopter controls?

-As much as i like playing as Trevor and Franklin(and i have played all three about 10hrs each),this feels like Michaels story,not theirs

-As funny as it is switching to Trevor and he is being chased by the cops,the cops can be assholes,and i hate having to get rid of a two or three star wanted level before i get to do the thing i want to do(my new plan is just to die as quickly as possible and then spawn at nearest hospital,Cop Free...and 5k less as well)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 23, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 23, 2013, 08:32:12 PM

it's too bad they didn't make this a mission. let you take any of the characters through as the guide.  I'd love to hear Trevor's take on Vinewood celebrities.

that would be awesome.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 23, 2013, 10:11:02 PM »

For all the music in the game, not much of it appealed to me and I've pretty much listened to all the music I want to hear, plus the two talk radio stations. I wish Rockstar would offer a DLC of new radio stations. I know I can just listen to my own music while playing, but I like the integration with the news and the commercials.

I wish they had done like Saints Row and let you make a 'mix tape'.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 23, 2013, 11:54:45 PM »

possible bug with garages:

We have received some reports about problems with cars and garages, particularly after upgrading and then completing a mission, and are looking into this now.  Unfortunately, we do not currently have a workaround to recover a car if it is missing.  If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. 

Also please note that vehicles saves in the garage of one safehouse (Franklin's Aunt's) may not show up in the garage of a different safehouse (Franklin's Vinewood Hills).

Update for 9/22/13: This issue may occur if you drive another character’s personal vehicle. We are looking into a fix to prevent this from occurring in the future.  If you would like to receive an automatic email notification when the fix is live, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.  In the meantime, please try to avoid parking a car in a garage, driving one already in a garage, or getting in a default vehicle, when playing as a character other than the one with your upgrades.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 24, 2013, 01:00:55 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 23, 2013, 10:03:22 PM

-No Burger Shot,Clucking bell walk ins or hot dog stands,i always have to go home to get a first aid kit to replenish my health or hope that a soda machine is about

Yeah this is a pain for me as well. I have discovered that some parking garages have vending machines so I try to keep track of those, but damn I miss the roadside vendor carts.

I did notice some weird garage behavior, but I attributed it to my own confusion over how they worked. Nice to know it wasn't my senioritis.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 24, 2013, 02:33:07 AM »

You can call an ambulance on your cell phone and have it drive right to you.  Hop in and get healed.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 24, 2013, 02:49:57 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on September 24, 2013, 02:33:07 AM

You can call an ambulance on your cell phone and have it drive right to you.  Hop in and get healed.

You can? Woot, that's a big help, thanks thumbsup

pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 24, 2013, 02:56:43 AM »

Do they charge you for healing you?

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 24, 2013, 03:01:02 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 24, 2013, 02:49:57 AM

You can? Woot, that's a big help, thanks thumbsup

Just don't do what I did the first time I tried it.  I was really badly injured so I called them up.  They arrived promptly, but then didn't seem interested in coming over to do anything.  I ran over to them and botched the carjacking command.  They hopped out of the ambulance pissed off, ready to beat me up.  I then forgot the buttons for melee fights, and they killed me.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #984 on: September 24, 2013, 03:23:05 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 23, 2013, 10:11:02 PM

I wish they had done like Saints Row and let you make a 'mix tape'.

I think Saints Row also had the feature such that the last station you had selected in any car (or radio off) would be the active station when you get into another car.  I miss that feature so much here. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 24, 2013, 03:24:09 AM »

Well that didn't work like I hoped. I was about 20% injured and so I called an ambulance. It came, stopped a few feet away from me, then drove off icon_neutral. I called another one; it came, stopped, then drove off  icon_evil. I called a third one; it came, stopped and then drove off. Well, not too far... I blew it up. Bastards  icon_twisted

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 24, 2013, 04:44:04 AM »

I'm beginning to like having Franklin in a suit:

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 24, 2013, 04:50:21 AM »

Ha! I chose the exact same suit for Franklin's "I'm makin' it big!" change of attire.

As for the ambulance, when I (successfully) carjacked one, I got healed when I entered the vehicle. If there's a way to get the medics themselves to patch you up, I don't know it.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 24, 2013, 05:45:32 AM »

Photos seem to be working ok right now. No rejections and no X360 lockups Roll Eyes, so I had Michael go to the top of Mount Gordo (towards the top left of the map) and take some selfies:

And a look at the lighthouse far below:

And here's Mike hot new investment:

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 24, 2013, 06:03:19 AM »

can you show the court where the mannequin touched you?

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: September 24, 2013, 06:09:18 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 24, 2013, 06:03:19 AM

can you show the court where the mannequin touched you?
icon_lol

I was going to do a travelogue of a journey from one end of San Andreas Blvd to the other, with lots of snaps, but the camera isn't good enough and I'm starting to get rejections from the Rockstar servers again, so that's off. At least I'll post one of them:

Or of course we can start doing "Guess where I was standing when I got this photo" contests:

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 24, 2013, 06:20:21 AM »

got through the 'controversial' mission tonight.  not sure what got everyone's panties into a wad; there has been plenty worse on TV and in movies.  if anything I was shocked at how tame it actually was.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 24, 2013, 06:27:23 AM »

And of course there's the great Stalker Cam series, here's another entry:

And one for the ladies:

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 24, 2013, 07:04:30 AM »

Time for me to go to bed (it's 3am!) but before I go, a big finish!!! A whole bevy of Vespucci Beach beauties, courtesy of Stalker Cam:

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 24, 2013, 07:20:24 AM »

Just did this...
Spoiler for Hiden:
played the mission where you, as Trevor, burn down the meth cook. Awesome!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 24, 2013, 08:46:43 AM »

guess a billion dollars in a few days was not enough icon_wink

its the dreaded 'M' word

GTA V Online Contain Microtransactions

or at least its been found in a file within the game
Discovered by Reddit user 1880, the file lists a number of cash packs that can be bought with real money, along with a short description.

"Cash is king in this town,” it says. “Solve your money problems and help get what you want across Los Santos and Blaine County with the purchase of cash packs for Grand Theft Auto Online. All purchased cash is automatically deposited into your character's bank account. Spend wisely, cash therapy is fleeting."

Listed within the file are $100,000, $200,000, $500,000 and $1,250,000 cash cards.

Now, it should be noted that the discovery of the file does not necessarily mean that GTA V Online will contain microtransactions. It could be a leftover from an abandoned idea. However, it does seem likely that purchasable items will feature in the game.

As long as its not 'needed to progress' type,then i am fine as i just won't be buying any

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 24, 2013, 10:22:20 AM »

Having a hard time to get into this game..  Some moments I'm having fun and at other times I struggle to play.  Just completed the Mike/Trevor mission for the FIB (you know the one) and I had to push my way through it.   I guess the GTA formula is just wearing on me.  Not having as much fun as I did with Liberty City and San Andreas

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 24, 2013, 12:29:09 PM »

yeah,pictures seem to be running smooth still Tongue

I souped the shit out of my car,hopefully it will stay like that and not spawn another default version on my drive

Floyds apartment is full of kinky stuff

Been spending some time in the country,and near the marshlands

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 24, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 24, 2013, 07:04:30 AM

Time for me to go to bed (it's 3am!) but before I go, a big finish!!! A whole bevy of Vespucci Beach beauties, courtesy of Stalker Cam:

bowdown

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 24, 2013, 04:57:42 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on September 24, 2013, 07:20:24 AM

Just did this...
Spoiler for Hiden:
played the mission where you, as Trevor, burn down the meth cook. Awesome!

yeah, that one was fun.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: