http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 05:16:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 33913 times)
JayDee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #840 on: September 19, 2013, 03:27:09 AM »

Do you need Live Gold to take pictures? It keeps telling me my account is not authorised when I try to pics on the phone.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 19, 2013, 04:53:35 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 18, 2013, 04:17:34 AM

hold down on the left d-pad to bring up a radial wheel with all the stations, then use the right thumbstick to browse them.  whichever the thumbstick is on when you release the d-pad will be your new station.

Thank you! (Big help! I am sad that Just or Unjust didn't seem to make it to the sequel.)

Despite the lower potential for firey carmageddon, I am really enjoying the game. One thing that is so much improved here is when you fail missions (I do this a lot) you can restart (or retry if you have progressed in the mission) without replaying lots of things over again. I think the mission which drove me to give up on GTA4 was the strip club mission. Once I got to the driving/chasing/shooting part of that mission, I just could never complete it. Not only did I have to start the whole mission over every time, I had to drive across town to get to the damn mission. This is a huge improvement in 5 (at least so far).

At some point I am going to hope Franklin dies... How many times is he going to keep going along with Lamar's hair brained schemes? I'm beginning to think Franklin is actually the bigger idiot of the two since he just keeps going right along with him...

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 19, 2013, 05:00:21 AM »

Quote from: JCC on September 19, 2013, 04:53:35 AM

One thing that is so much improved here is when you fail missions (I do this a lot) you can restart (or retry if you have progressed in the mission) without replaying lots of things over again. I think the mission which drove me to give up on GTA4 was the strip club mission. Once I got to the driving/chasing/shooting part of that mission, I just could never complete it. Not only did I have to start the whole mission over every time, I had to drive across town to get to the damn mission. This is a huge improvement in 5 (at least so far).

you can also totally skip a mission after 3 or 4 tries.  not sure if there are any consequences, but having just spent a bunch of times trying ti win a race in a Stranger mission I can see myself using it should an annoying racing mission pop up during the main storyline.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 19, 2013, 05:59:44 AM »

I finally got the photo to work and took a selfie (I hate that term icon_razz) of Franklin at the dam:

I'm really hating Trevor. The game went down several notches of interest for me, knowing I have to go through missions with him.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 19, 2013, 06:03:26 AM »

apparently some Scottish guy is upset over the use of the name Hartpick, or Hardvaark, or Harwine.... something that started with an H.... cause they're worried the name will stick in peoples heads or something.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 19, 2013, 06:31:17 AM »

Here's a terribly trite issue, but whatever. I'm checking out my finances out of the game at the Rockstar Social Club GTAV BAWSAQ page, which is fine and dandy. Trouble is, two of my three characters put money in the other market, the LCN Exchange, but I can't figure out where that info might be on their site.. Any suggestions?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 19, 2013, 09:08:47 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 19, 2013, 02:38:16 AM

Mucho thanks to both of you.

Meantime, bug alert!!!

It's concerning the Jewelry Store heist... do NOT read unless you have completed it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I screwed up with Frankling trying to throw the BZ gas, missed all five times. When I selected "retry", he no longer had any gas! Even "restart" didn't work. Had to go back to my last autosave  crybaby

oooh
Spoiler for Hiden:
I got the cannister in on the last try

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 19, 2013, 09:28:12 AM »

looks like social club has started working properly and faster

I started the Bail Bond missions but could not find the second one,i looked at the picture on my phone of the road from a birds eye view so what i did i uncovered all of the map so i could try and match the road up..it wasn't until i nearly finished when i realised i should've used my blimp and not a car,could have saved me a few hours driving over the hills trying to fill in the map icon_confused

Anyway,i found a road identical to the Bail Bond Mission,but don't think its the right one because no one is about,will keep looking

29.36% complete
18 Missions Passed
14hrs 32minutes playtime
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:11:05 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 19, 2013, 12:44:25 PM »

Damn, I just read up on the early Trevor missions to see what you guys were talking about.  For people who have sunk more hours into the story missions, do the Trevor missions get better?  If it's just that one controversial mission, I can just rip off the bandaid and get past it like with the CoD airport shooting scene, but if there's a lot more stuff like that then GTA may have pushed out of my comfort zone.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 19, 2013, 01:11:52 PM »

Well my first investment in a firearms manufacturing company just dropped 40% overnight. Sweet!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 19, 2013, 02:06:39 PM »

Before Heist how were people making money?   I know of the stock market, but I guess you can no longer rob stores?   

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #851 on: September 19, 2013, 02:08:24 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 19, 2013, 02:06:39 PM

but I guess you can no longer rob stores?

You can, and you can rob armored trucks as well.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 19, 2013, 02:09:55 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 19, 2013, 02:08:24 PM

My only attempt at that didn't end so well... was on a date when it happen.. Wasn't pretty

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 19, 2013, 04:06:42 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 19, 2013, 02:09:55 PM

My only attempt at that didn't end so well... was on a date when it happen.. Wasn't pretty

Oh,are there dates in this?

And i must admit to not liking Trevor that much at the start,but i am slowly getting used to him,and when you do some Bail Bonds the way he is with the woman in charge is totally different to how he usually is,i can't figure out if he is just being nice because she pays him or whether he is flirting with her

I ran over another Coyote this time with Trevor and he said "Squish",which did actually bring a smile to my face

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 19, 2013, 04:17:51 PM »

'Grand Theft Auto V' generates $800 million in first-day sales

"Grand Theft Auto V," the latest installment in Rockstar Games' hit video game series, reaped an eye-popping $800 million in worldwide retail sales on its first day of release Tuesday.

The hotly anticipated game appears to have blown past the one-day retail sales record set by Activision Blizzard Inc., whose "Call of Duty: Black Ops II" brought in $500 million in its fist 24 hours of release. That game went on to reach $1 billion in sales in 15 days -- faster, many observed, than the box office record-holder "Avatar."

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #855 on: September 19, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »

Some of you guys should consider using spoiler tags when talking about static characters or events from the story or side missions. Some of us might prefer to be surprised.

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 19, 2013, 04:06:42 PM

I ran over another Coyote this time with Trevor and he said "Squish",which did actually bring a smile to my face

When I did that he said "guess it's coyote for dinner".
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 19, 2013, 04:36:40 PM »

yeah.  definitely agree on the spoilers bit.  I'm glad I didn't read up on early Trevor missions. 

after Trevor
Spoiler for Hiden:

I was happy that another person from GTA IV was included in the game.  I was then sad that one of my favorite protagonists went out like that.  It really made me dislike T even more.  I do think he'll get more likable once I've had a chance to play more missions with him though. 

I saw firsthand how the different people on your crew can affect the outcome.  I took a rookie on the first heist and ran a bit shy of time.  I wonder whether you can replay the mission the other way or if you can change the crew before a replay. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 19, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »

yep, just walk into a liquor store, aim your gun at the clerk, and get ready to flee.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 19, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 19, 2013, 04:18:53 PM

When I did that he said "guess it's coyote for dinner".

Michael said that too.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 19, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on September 19, 2013, 01:11:52 PM

Well my first investment in a firearms manufacturing company just dropped 40% overnight. Sweet!

I put some investments in, but they disappeared.  not sure if I didn't save afterward or what.

Because I can,
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 19, 2013, 05:49:54 PM »

Is it just me or are the controls shit compared to games like Saint's Row 4?  Both driving and shooting in SR4 is a breeze with a controller.  It feels really weird in this game though.  I'm actually not sure if it's my controller since my original PS3 controller died and I just bought a knockoff (trying to avoid spending too much money on current-gen stuff with PS4/XB1 just around the corner).
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #861 on: September 19, 2013, 06:08:18 PM »

Quote from: skystride on September 19, 2013, 05:49:54 PM

Is it just me or are the controls shit compared to games like Saint's Row 4?  Both driving and shooting in SR4 is a breeze with a controller.  It feels really weird in this game though.  I'm actually not sure if it's my controller since my original PS3 controller died and I just bought a knockoff (trying to avoid spending too much money on current-gen stuff with PS4/XB1 just around the corner).

I don't know how the controls in SR4 are, but GTA5 requires careful, calculated precision. It's difficult at first because we're used to being able to push the stick in any direction without much in the way of negative consequences, but that'll mess you up in this game. Slow, careful movements with the stick keeps you steady on the road and makes it simple to aim (also, don't forget the auto-aim that happens whenever you hit the aim button. Just let go and aim again).
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 19, 2013, 06:26:32 PM »

I turned the auto-aim off, it was screwing me up.  There are three settings for that in options:  free aim, aim assist, and traditional GTA.  Free aim means you move the crosshairs, traditional GTA seems to be the click to lock on to whatever the game decides to target (bad if you want to take out the guy with the shotgun instead of the guy with the pistol), and haven't played around with aim assist, but I imagine it is 'get close to the target and we'll move the crosshairs to it then.

of course the last two could be reversed.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 19, 2013, 07:47:39 PM »

PSN digital version having streaming issues too:

We compared the PSN digital download version of GTA5 with the Blu-ray game - and found that the retail version has far fewer instances of streaming problems. We tried two PS3 hard drives with similar results. If you're going to buy this game, we can't recommend the digital download version at this time.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 19, 2013, 08:18:52 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2013, 04:54:04 PM

I put some investments in, but they disappeared.  not sure if I didn't save afterward or what.

It's a two step process; select the number of share on one screen, then you should go to another screen that has a "Confirm" button.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 19, 2013, 09:00:02 PM »

done a lot again tonight(not much with the main story though Tongue)

Went hiring some of the local wildlife

BEFORE

AFTER

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 19, 2013, 09:00:02 PM »

where is the standardize cars if you get wasted?  They never appear back at he safe house, impound or garage?

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 19, 2013, 09:02:23 PM »

So i was bombing it down a road as Franklin in his White car,and directly ahead i see a ramp...now at my speed i was going the ramp was too nice to pass up,as i didn't need to change direction or anything

The Jump went....interestingly enough

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 19, 2013, 09:04:51 PM »

Here's a question that's I haven't seen brought up. Are garages shared between characters or are they locked to specific characters? With the garage in San Fierro in SA, it sounded so much like the kind of place that you would have had sharing going on as a form of "corporation".
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 19, 2013, 09:05:28 PM »

Managed to finally take a selfie,just shame Trev had his eyes closed

and did a random stranger mission
Spoiler for Hiden:
picked up a hitchhiker who wanted to surprise her boyfriend,went fine until we got to the destination and turned out her boyfriend was the jealous type

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: September 19, 2013, 09:06:22 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on September 19, 2013, 09:04:51 PM

Here's a question that's I haven't seen brought up. Are garages shared between characters or are they locked to specific characters? With the garage in San Fierro in SA, it sounded so much like the kind of place that you would have had sharing going on as a form of "corporation".

I don't think they are shared,each character has a separate garage on the map in 'their' colours(Green for Franklin,Orange for Trevor,Blue for Michael)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 19, 2013, 09:14:04 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 19, 2013, 09:00:02 PM

done a lot again tonight(not much with the main story though Tongue)

Went hiring some of the local wildlife

BEFORE

AFTER

nice!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 19, 2013, 09:14:13 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 19, 2013, 09:05:28 PM

Managed to finally take a selfie,just shame Trev had his eyes closed

and did a random stranger mission
Spoiler for Hiden:
picked up a hitchhiker who wanted to surprise her boyfriend,went fine until we got to the destination and turned out her boyfriend was the jealous type

awesome!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 19, 2013, 09:14:25 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 19, 2013, 09:02:23 PM

So i was bombing it down a road as Franklin in his White car,and directly ahead i see a ramp...now at my speed i was going the ramp was too nice to pass up,as i didn't need to change direction or anything

The Jump went....interestingly enough

whoops!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 19, 2013, 09:14:45 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 19, 2013, 09:06:22 PM

Quote from: Rumpy on September 19, 2013, 09:04:51 PM

I don't think they are shared,each character has a separate garage on the map in 'their' colours(Green for Franklin,Orange for Trevor,Blue for Michael)
yep, different garages.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 19, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 19, 2013, 08:18:52 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2013, 04:54:04 PM

It's a two step process; select the number of share on one screen, then you should go to another screen that has a "Confirm" button.

I'm pretty sure I did that.  I probably just reloaded afterwards.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 19, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »

so, I was racing, hit a construction barrel, and my car totally flipped.  over a plastic barrel.  once online hits I doubt I'll be doing racing, the physics in the game are a bit too wonky for me to enjoy that aspect.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 19, 2013, 09:37:26 PM »

This is weird. I went to a property with one character and found that it could only be bought by another character. Find and dandy. However, later on, I bought a different property, a helipad, with Michael and just for yucks, had Franklin go there. Instead of not being able to buy it because it was already bought, Franklin could buy it as well. Huh? Also, the heliport shows up as owned on Michael's in-game map, but for sale on Franklin's. Is this a bug or can a property be bought by multiple people? And it also means that the in-game map can have different info for different characters; I didn't expect that.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 19, 2013, 09:54:31 PM »

too bad I can't dye part of the beard.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 19, 2013, 09:57:30 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 19, 2013, 09:37:26 PM

This is weird. I went to a property with one character and found that it could only be bought by another character. Find and dandy. However, later on, I bought a different property, a helipad, with Michael and just for yucks, had Franklin go there. Instead of not being able to buy it because it was already bought, Franklin could buy it as well. Huh? Also, the heliport shows up as owned on Michael's in-game map, but for sale on Franklin's. Is this a bug or can a property be bought by multiple people? And it also means that the in-game map can have different info for different characters; I didn't expect that.

I know that i was pissed right off when i couldn't buy some property up in Sandy Shores as Trevor,it said could only be bought as Franklin

Bought a place called the Hen House,and before long the manager wanted me to pick up some beer.all of a sudden it was a damn timed mission,i went as fast as i could,didn't crash either and was about 5 seconds too slow....screw that,i hate timed missions like that

Talking about buying Property i bought a dock for Michael,and then thought that i should buy him a boat as well,so did do..i bought a yacht from an online website called 'Dock Tease' icon_lol

Also i may of mentioned that i have a fear of the deep blue with nothing but endless blue around me,well i can confirm that i still have that fear and in a videogame as well,as i went out into the middle of the ocean looking for Sharks(couldn't find one),and dived off my boat,saw the endless blue everywhere and started to panic a little when i got turned around underwater and didn't know which way was up icon_confused

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: