http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 09:28:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 36281 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 18, 2013, 12:20:53 AM »

Fernando on West Coast Talk Radio talking finances, "the bond market going up and down, up and down...". Awesome  icon_biggrin

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 18, 2013, 12:25:49 AM »

Well, I'm not playing this tonight because UPS fucked up my release day delivery and I'm not getting it until tomorrow.

Ugh.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 18, 2013, 12:31:05 AM »

just ran into a buddy from LC biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 18, 2013, 12:32:13 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on September 18, 2013, 12:25:49 AM

Well, I'm not playing this tonight because UPS fucked up my release day delivery and I'm not getting it until tomorrow.

Ugh.

Having had that happen to me, I can truly sympathize. A real bummer  crybaby

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 18, 2013, 12:34:55 AM »

Wish the damn photo gallery was working, I'm coming across some really amazing locales. This is why I love the GTA series. It's not only the open world, it's that there are a million (well, a thousand or more) places you can just stop and get out and look and go "oh, wow".

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: September 18, 2013, 12:38:30 AM »

Haven't been going through the plot much yet.. Just finished Franklins 2nd mission... then just started messing around... I will have to do something to make money so I can keep riding the roller coaster though...
Also tried the towing side mission and couldn't figure out how/where to drop the vehicle...
I do think that the driving is still too loose for me. May have to try adjusting sensitivity..
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 18, 2013, 01:40:45 AM »

Ticking things off my personal GTAV list...

Fly a helicopter - check!
Fly a blimp - check!
Drive a fuel tanker off a cliff into the ocean - check!
Get killed by a mountain lion while walking back - check!  icon_biggrin

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 18, 2013, 01:43:12 AM »

How's the wildlife in this game? Is it comparable to what it was in RDR? Better?
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 18, 2013, 01:46:07 AM »

Quote from: Rumpy on September 18, 2013, 01:43:12 AM

How's the wildlife in this game? Is it comparable to what it was in RDR? Better?

Only have seen the mountain lion, and it killed me, so I'm thinking yeah, it's as good as in RDR in that respect.

I'm still so pissed about the in-game camera not working. So many good things to photograph!

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 18, 2013, 01:51:09 AM »

Damn, who's the guy in Chakra Attack on West Coast Talk Radio? His voice sounds so familiar.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 18, 2013, 02:24:56 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 17, 2013, 05:15:48 PM

yay,i managed to get my photos from Social Club that i took in game of the glitches i mentioned earlier

Are you just doing a "save image" of the .jpg from the Rockstar web page or is there a way to download the image directly?

UPDATE:
Here's a couple I grabbed from the Rockstar page by doing a "save image" from the browser.

If this was on Steam I'd have burned out the F12 key by now  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:28:17 AM by jztemple2 » Logged

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 18, 2013, 02:31:30 AM »

game feels like i'm on rails.  so far i have franklin & mike unlocked.  haven't been able to switch between them yet.  having fun nonetheless.  more tomorrow

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 18, 2013, 02:32:13 AM »

so far I have:
drove around the island.
drove into the military base and gotten killed.
visited a strip club.
found out I suck at tennis.
beat to death the person who beat me at tennis.
gone on an roller coaster using money dropped by that person.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #773 on: September 18, 2013, 02:32:51 AM »

only played through the 2nd mission myself and did the first tow truck side job.  it wasn't too bad.

Quote from: Punisher on September 18, 2013, 12:38:30 AM

Haven't been going through the plot much yet.. Just finished Franklins 2nd mission... then just started messing around... I will have to do something to make money so I can keep riding the roller coaster though...
Also tried the towing side mission and couldn't figure out how/where to drop the vehicle...
I do think that the driving is still too loose for me. May have to try adjusting sensitivity..

I pulled into the lot, then backed the vehicle up into the striped red zone and detached.  you can push them back a bit and I wasn't dinged for damage or anything.

I need to get used to the shooting while driving mechanics.  first time I tried and failed to pop the biker off his bike.  

cops are much better this time around, but it can be a bit of a pita if you are unable to lose them.  in the city, it's as easy as ducking down an alley.  

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 18, 2013, 02:33:10 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 18, 2013, 02:31:30 AM

game feels like i'm on rails.  so far i have franklin & mike unlocked.  haven't been able to switch between them yet.  having fun nonetheless.  more tomorrow

once you unlock Mike you can switch without any issues that I've seen.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 18, 2013, 02:39:45 AM »

Added some more to my personal checklist:

Found a bicycle and rode it - check!
Watched one dog humping another - check!
Crashed and exploded a blimp - check!

CAUTION!!!!  CAUTION!!!!  CAUTION!!!!  CAUTION!!!!  CAUTION!!!!  CAUTION!!!!  CAUTION!!!!  

I've locked up my X360 twice trying to take photos. Just too much traffic I guess. Just be sure you have saved anything important before you try.

Did manage to upload another photo:

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 18, 2013, 03:10:16 AM »

is it me, or do ladies in this game seem to be a bit on the plump side?  I've been pimp slappin' plenty of fatties it seems slywink

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 18, 2013, 03:15:38 AM »

Play the mission Grass Roots yet? Hysterical  icon_biggrin

Another tough lady you might not want to mess with:

And the blimp does a flyby:

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 18, 2013, 03:16:58 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 18, 2013, 03:10:16 AM

is it me, or do ladies in this game seem to be a bit on the plump side?  I've been pimp slappin' plenty of fatties it seems slywink

They aren't plump, they are thick.   icon_cool
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 18, 2013, 03:50:01 AM »

The glowing reviews and finding out I had $170 in Best Buy reward zone points resulted in me unexpectedly buying this.

It does seem to look a bit better than 4. I don't really notice any big differences in the driving. I don't really have much empathy for any of the characters yet, unlike Nico. I do like that fairly early on you can pretty much drive anywhere you want, unlike in 4 where they kept you locked in one section of the city. On a drive around, I did see some awesome scenery.

Having said that, I am disappointed in this early on. Oh, the game may end up better, but a couple of the things I loved about 4 don't seem as good here:

1. The radio. I wasn't exactly a huge fan of 4's music either, but it just seems dreadful here. I need to look up the song list. I also have been disappointed in the talk radio I've heard so far. I chuckled a lot at this in 4, but thus far, I've barely cracked a smile in this one. Plus, I hate the interface for the radio. It's hard for me to tell what station I am on (it goes away too quickly) and I hate only being able to tune in one direction. BOOOO! I really wish they'd do another 80s game. I love Vice City's soundtrack.

2. It's hard to blow up cars in this game! I never finished GTA 4, as I just lost interest in doing some of the goofy missions. But, I played GTA 4 enough hours to probably get through the game a few times. The main thing I loved to do in 4 was drive around in a car, crash into a lot of other cars until it caught on fire, then try to park the car in close proximity of other cars. Then I would run from my car and watch my car blow up, and cause a chain reaction of other explosions on other cars. This always cracked me up. I swear one time I blew up around 40 cars from my car's first explosion since more and more cars kept driving up and catching on fire. This just doesn't work well in this game. So far, 2 out of the 3 times I got a car on fire, the flames simply went out and the car was dead. BOOOO! I did get one to blow up, but I had to get it seriously burning first, and I barely got out of it on time to not be blown up. Probably no big deal to most people, but seriously, this was my favorite part of GTA4. frown

Guess I will have to find new ways to have maniacal fun in this new sandbox. Maybe I'll play the main story all the way through, although I tend to suck at these missions in these games.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #780 on: September 18, 2013, 04:05:46 AM »

I'm not generally a fan of rap, but this one about GTA V is quite good

Sandwiches do fix everything.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 18, 2013, 04:11:21 AM »

Can't believe I spend the past 30 minutes of my GTA V time playing tennis icon_neutral. Just didn't want to give up.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 18, 2013, 04:13:10 AM »

Hey, I just went to the movie theater and paid $20 and now I'm starting at a black movie screen. Is this a bug or is there some kind of long wait?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 18, 2013, 04:17:34 AM »

Quote from: JCC on September 18, 2013, 03:50:01 AM

1. The radio. I wasn't exactly a huge fan of 4's music either, but it just seems dreadful here. I need to look up the song list. I also have been disappointed in the talk radio I've heard so far. I chuckled a lot at this in 4, but thus far, I've barely cracked a smile in this one. Plus, I hate the interface for the radio. It's hard for me to tell what station I am on (it goes away too quickly) and I hate only being able to tune in one direction. BOOOO! I really wish they'd do another 80s game. I love Vice City's soundtrack.

hold down on the left d-pad to bring up a radial wheel with all the stations, then use the right thumbstick to browse them.  whichever the thumbstick is on when you release the d-pad will be your new station.

Because I can,
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 18, 2013, 05:00:27 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 18, 2013, 04:13:10 AM

Hey, I just went to the movie theater and paid $20 and now I'm starting at a black movie screen. Is this a bug or is there some kind of long wait?
I've had this happen a few times in the past year.. Go to the lobby and tell the manager...  ninja
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 18, 2013, 05:56:50 AM »

When you are using the in game web browser and you try to watch the embedded videos, it says they are experiencing high traffic, and to please try later.  I'm thinking the game streams the videos from a real life server.  I'd imagine the movie theater might do the same thing.  Which is pretty cool because they could add more videos down the road.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 18, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »

This game just keeps getting better and better...

The graphics, while grainy, are alot better than 4. Animations etc, are surely better. It seems to be a rather large improvement over 4. On 8 yr old hardware.
g2gdotcom
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 18, 2013, 09:27:48 AM »

Wow~! It really sounds interesting. How is the graphics? Good? Bad?  saywhat
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 18, 2013, 09:36:38 AM »

probably for the best,i have been to the cinema twice once on my own and once with Franklin(playing as Michael),both times we saw the same arty black and white film

It said The 3 J'amigos on the cinema as well

Ran over a coyote last night,i was quite gutted as i was trying to overtake a truck and the coyote surprised me being on the edge of the road

Rode the cable car up Mount Chiliad,found a parachute(and something else),jumped off Mount Chiliad,no pop up told me what to press so i opened my parachute just as i smacked my face on the side of the mountain and woke up in hospital

stole a Jet ski,road the waves for some time

been on the Ferris wheel and Rollercoaster

and yeah CK i bumped into someone from LC as well

still not unlocked Trevor yet

At the start of the game i was so-so with car handling,but i am getting quite used to it now,and quite enjoy it

Quote from: g2gdotcom on September 18, 2013, 09:27:48 AM

Wow~! It really sounds interesting. How is the graphics? Good? Bad?  saywhat

I am on the 360 and the graphics are really good,its the city of course that you are marvelling at,sure its no gritty GoW type look but it still looks great

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 18, 2013, 09:48:35 AM »

Hurrah the Social Club stat page has eventually loaded up for me
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

here's my info
Missions 9/69
Strangers and Freaks 5/20
Misc 4/16
Hobbies and Pastimes 7/42
Random Events 4/14

17.74% complete
6hrs 48minutes play

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 18, 2013, 10:12:01 AM »

someone just posted this on the xbox.com forums,not sure if it is,but it does look similar,if so there has been a lot of development in the past 21 years(1992 -2013)

Grove Street,where CJ lived

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 18, 2013, 11:27:03 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 18, 2013, 09:36:38 AM

It said The 3 J'amigos on the cinema as well

net up, theaters!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 18, 2013, 11:27:47 AM »

Ran over a coyote last night,i was quite gutted as i was trying to overtake a truck and the coyote surprised me being on the edge of the road

time for some night driving!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 18, 2013, 11:28:31 AM »

stole a Jet ski,road the waves for some time

saw some of those, didn't get to grab it though as I went for the coaster.

Because I can,
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 18, 2013, 01:03:41 PM »

Who's idea was it to make the font about the same size as fine print on a legal contract? I just had my eyes tested a couple of months ago and I have 20/20 vision and I am having the worst time trying to read the text and instructions on the screen. So much real estate to use and everything is crammed in a tiny box in the corner.

Otherwise the game seems great so far. Just scratched the surface though.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: September 18, 2013, 02:39:20 PM »

So far I've picked up a hooker, gone to strip club, gone home with a girl from the strip club. stolen numerous cars, stolen a jet ski, gone on a roller coaster, intervened in a police shootout, planned and implemented a heist, gone on a bike ride......

This game is really really good.   I can't *wait* for them to make another Red Dead Redemption.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 18, 2013, 02:45:11 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted, but Rockstar released an iOS app that is the manual for GTAV.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grand-theft-auto-v-the-manual/id699032795?mt=8
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #797 on: September 18, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on September 18, 2013, 01:03:41 PM

Who's idea was it to make the font about the same size as fine print on a legal contract? I just had my eyes tested a couple of months ago and I have 20/20 vision and I am having the worst time trying to read the text and instructions on the screen. So much real estate to use and everything is crammed in a tiny box in the corner.

Otherwise the game seems great so far. Just scratched the surface though.

I have the same problem.  I know you can go in to the menu and re-read the notifications, but it's a hassle when you have to catch up.  thankfully, the more missions pass, the shorter the text should get.  

My only other complaints are minor.  I ended up starting a side mission for the street races using one of the dealer's basic cars.  I had just stolen and trashed a speedy little sportscar, so I thought I would just drive up to the same part of town and find one before going on to the race starting line.  the game suddenly was populated with no other model of car except like the one I was driving.  I drove up around for several minutes and never came across anything different, regadless which neighborhood I drove through.  I ended up racing with a sedan that is pretty good for commutes but not good in corners or when jostling other drivers.  took three tries before I beat the race.  

I also hope they get the social club pictures working soon.  I'd like to grab some shots.  

I am loving this game.  I'm doing some random missions in between main missions.  just did the lifeinvader mission and really like how they ended it back at Michael's house.  the way they have been able to integrate the missions into the game world without loading is impressive.  

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 18, 2013, 03:23:56 PM »

dang it, looks like only 1 of my pics is showing up from  what I took last night.

I just noticed on the crew hierarchy page it looks like my avatar is putting the moves on Soulchilde's one:

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #799 on: September 18, 2013, 03:37:47 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 18, 2013, 03:23:56 PM

dang it, looks like only 1 of my pics is showing up from  what I took last night.

I just noticed on the crew hierarchy page it looks like my avatar is putting the moves on Soulchilde's one:

he does have a rose to give him, doesn't he?

I tried to take a pic and thought the game had frozen up on me.  never even got to take the picture. 

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: