http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 09:18:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 34133 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #680 on: September 17, 2013, 01:52:43 AM »

Any impressions of the PS3 version? I had issues with GTA4s framerate and crappy aiming while on PS4.

I think the GTA games are great experiences, but not for the characters, just in general as a show of what incredibly long and high budget productions can do for a game. So, even if I'm not into the characters and story, it's one of the few games I'll still pickup despite such.

Plus, GTA5 online seems like fun for whenever it comes out.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 17, 2013, 01:57:00 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 17, 2013, 01:52:43 AM

Any impressions of the PS3 version? I had issues with GTA4s framerate and crappy aiming while on PS4.

are you from the future? they port over GTA 4 but not GTA 5?  man, this game must suck! slywink Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 17, 2013, 02:25:07 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 17, 2013, 01:57:00 AM

are you from the future? they port over GTA 4 but not GTA 5?  man, this game must suck! slywink Tongue

pff, I'm playing GTA VII on my PS5.5 Tongue

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 17, 2013, 02:31:16 AM »

Quote from: Caine on September 17, 2013, 02:25:07 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 17, 2013, 01:57:00 AM

pff, I'm playing GTA VII on my PS5.5 Tongue

careful, I hear MicroSony is a stickler about breaking the release date....

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 17, 2013, 02:58:22 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 17, 2013, 01:45:36 AM

But anyway,I think i'll just go to bed,i am knackered and i have to go out tomorrow morning,but should be back by midday,then its GTA time
and yeah Midnight Openings for video games get a Danny Glover picture from me

I keep telling myself that now that I'm retired I can do the midnight launch thing because it's not like I have to get up the next morning, but damn I hate crowds icon_eek

I also wasn't paying attention to my Amazon shipping tracker... it's coming UPS, and for my neighborhood, that means pretty much the last delivery of the day, about 7pm. Oh well, live and learn. Besides, maybe by then I'll have a 16GB USB stick for my 360, since apparently that's what's needed.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 17, 2013, 03:42:36 AM »

I've decided to get some sleep and go at 10 am.   That will give me time to get a large enough thumb drive tomorrow to do the disc 1 install, and disc 2 install to thumb drive.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 17, 2013, 03:49:18 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on September 17, 2013, 03:42:36 AM

I've decided to get some sleep and go at 10 am.   That will give me time to get a large enough thumb drive tomorrow to do the disc 1 install, and disc 2 install to thumb drive.

I'm calling it a big conspiracy by the USB drive manufacturers  nod

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 17, 2013, 04:00:09 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 17, 2013, 02:58:22 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 17, 2013, 01:45:36 AM

But anyway,I think i'll just go to bed,i am knackered and i have to go out tomorrow morning,but should be back by midday,then its GTA time
and yeah Midnight Openings for video games get a Danny Glover picture from me

I keep telling myself that now that I'm retired I can do the midnight launch thing because it's not like I have to get up the next morning, but damn I hate crowds icon_eek

I also wasn't paying attention to my Amazon shipping tracker... it's coming UPS, and for my neighborhood, that means pretty much the last delivery of the day, about 7pm. Oh well, live and learn. Besides, maybe by then I'll have a 16GB USB stick for my 360, since apparently that's what's needed.

I used to pre-order from Amazon to get the bonuses, purchase the game from GameStop at midnight or some time in the morning so I could play early, and return my sealed copy from Amazon to GameStop. It's extra steps but hey smile
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:02:47 AM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 17, 2013, 04:06:28 AM »

Question:   Does it speed up your game to install disc 2 to the USB drive over playing from the disc in the drive?   Or is the only benefit that you don't hear the drive spinning?

In other words -- is it worth it for game performance to install to the USB drive, or can I just play from the disc without losing much?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: September 17, 2013, 04:09:36 AM »

Quote from: Lordnine on September 16, 2013, 10:19:22 PM

Quote from: Rumpy on September 16, 2013, 09:01:09 PM

Quote from: TiLT on September 16, 2013, 07:49:05 PM

That is fair in most cases, but not when it comes to GTA. You always play a selfish, criminal prick in these games. The closest we got to morals was Nico, and he's a homicidal maniac who would get counted as a terrorist by even the most forgiving of nations. Anyone who, after 4 main games and a multitude of great spinoffs, doesn't understand that these games aren't about playing someone who gives you warm, fuzzy feelings, isn't qualified to review these games since he clearly hasn't done his research. It's like picking up a puzzle game and listing "it's a puzzle game" under cons.

I agree. I think that anybody by now should be able to figure out that those kind of characters come with the territory. Anybody expecting anything less has clearly not been paying attention all these years. Perhaps if that's what they want, they should go play Nintendo games.
So is it wrong for there to be a review written for people who are NOT already fans of the series?

No, but it's wrong to review a game where you don't like and/or understand its basic premises. You don't set someone who doesn't like sports to review a sports game, so why would you set someone who doesn't like crime stories to review a crime game? It does everyone a disservice.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: September 17, 2013, 04:10:53 AM »

The reports indicate that there is a small difference in shadow and foliage quality between the two versions, with the 360 coming out on top. However, the difference is microscopic compared to what we saw in GTA 4, and the framerate is identical between the two consoles.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 17, 2013, 04:20:09 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on September 17, 2013, 04:06:28 AM

Question:   Does it speed up your game to install disc 2 to the USB drive over playing from the disc in the drive?   Or is the only benefit that you don't hear the drive spinning?

In other words -- is it worth it for game performance to install to the USB drive, or can I just play from the disc without losing much?

According to the Kokatu article I quoted, using the USB drive did reduce lag for them as well as eliminating the spinning drive noise, but they say this might not be true for everybody. I too would like to see more info on this, or even heavens to Betsy, a damn fix.

Cripes, they delayed GTAV from May to September and no one noticed this problem?

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 17, 2013, 04:37:49 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 17, 2013, 04:20:09 AM

Quote from: msduncan on September 17, 2013, 04:06:28 AM

According to the Kokatu article I quoted, using the USB drive did reduce lag for them as well as eliminating the spinning drive noise, but they say this might not be true for everybody. I too would like to see more info on this, or even heavens to Betsy, a damn fix.

Cripes, they delayed GTAV from May to September and no one noticed this problem?

The way that article reads it seems like the USB solution stops lag for those that want to install disc 2.  It doesn't really specify if installing the disc increases performance over running the game with disc 2 in the drive.

Any ideas?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 17, 2013, 05:49:43 AM »

Quote from: Lordnine on September 16, 2013, 07:24:07 PM

Quote from: TiLT on September 16, 2013, 03:12:19 PM

Quote from: Greggy_D on September 16, 2013, 03:08:04 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 16, 2013, 02:42:31 PM

just to balance things a little bit
The Escapist
Spoiler for Hiden:
3.5/5

"excellently crafted open world is marred by a script that presents despicable characters as the protagonists."

Give me a fucking break.  It's GTA.

Yeah. Loathe as I am to say "he doesn't get it" about a reviewer, he just doesn't get it.
I think that is a valid criticism.  In my mind there is a difference between being a criminal and being a horrible human being.  Itís fun to be the bad guy but I want to be the bad guy with a moral code that I can still respect.  I have the same problem with the Payday series.  It can be fun but I hate the characters and takes away my enjoyment from the games.

That is fair in most cases, but not when it comes to GTA. You always play a selfish, criminal prick in these games. The closest we got to morals was Nico, and he's a homicidal maniac who would get counted as a terrorist by even the most forgiving of nations. Anyone who, after 4 main games and a multitude of great spinoffs, doesn't understand that these games aren't about playing someone who gives you warm, fuzzy feelings, isn't qualified to review these games since he clearly hasn't done his research. It's like picking up a puzzle game and listing "it's a puzzle game" under cons.

I agree. I think that anybody by now should be able to figure out that those kind of characters come with the territory. Anybody expecting anything less has clearly not been paying attention all these years. Perhaps if that's what they want, they should go play Nintendo games.

Its a shame that we can't criticize a game or story anymore other than being told to "go play a kids game" these days. I think this part of the Escapist review is pretty good, actually :

Now, you may say, that's the hallmark of the crime genre Grand Theft Auto spawned, at least in videogames. But some of the events and missions of Grand Theft Auto V feel more malicious and, well, evil, than the comparatively light-hearted violence of most games, the recent Saints Row 4 being a perfect example. What's missing in GTA V's story is a sense that the characters have been painted into a corner by various machinations beyond their control, like Niko Bellic of GTA IV, or must commit their crimes to mete out justice, as Tommy Vercetti does in Vice City. The three main characters of GTAV do terrible things merely to get paid, and deserve no sympathy. There's no drive in them even to be the best at what they do, the last American value we afford criminals, but rather they commit these crimes with no lifeline thrown to the audience to pull us along in supporting them. It is the difference between The Godfather Part 1 and Part 2, between Inglorious Basterds and Triumph of the Will, and between Just Cause 2 and JFK Reloaded. In the former examples, the audience can get behind the anti-heroes depicted for whatever reason and condone their admittedly awful actions, but in the latter group, the subject matter or the protagonist's morals are skewed too far from the norm to be comfortably witnessed. That's what it's like to play Grand Theft Auto V. The three men you take control of throughout the game aren't even anti-heroes. They're just scumbags.

What I've seen so far, and what I've read of the game, turns me off completely. It seems like the people in it are poor rolemodels (Scumbags), and if earlier videos about 11 year olds getting the game is any indication, its not a game that is limited to adults, the 18+ sign notwithstanding.

Seriously, Trevor's introductory scene begins with him screwing a scabby woman from behind, and then stomping her boyfriend in the face until he's dead when the cuckolded man has the nerve to confront him. See? Charming!

Is this really what people find interesting? It IS a shame, because the world building seems incredibly talented and well-done, and if only they could tone it down a bit, it would probably be the best game ever. Its just a shame that it has to be ultra-violence, that I do no think any 11 year old ever should be exposed to, that is selling the game.

Anyways, I'll be over here playing some Nintendo game, I guess.

A new one
siege

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 17, 2013, 06:07:48 AM »

Not quite sure why people are up in arms over the game being ultra violent. It's a trademark of the series.

Anyways, picked it up at midnight at my local Walmart. Played about 45 minutes after a lengthy install on 360. Graphics are much improved over IV, the arcadey driving is back (Yay,) and the world is absolutely massive from what I can tell.

Looking forward to digging in further when I haven't been up 23 hours straight.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 17, 2013, 07:01:16 AM »

Quote from: siege on September 17, 2013, 06:07:48 AM

Not quite sure why people are up in arms over the game being ultra violent. It's a trademark of the series.

Anyways, picked it up at midnight at my local Walmart. Played about 45 minutes after a lengthy install on 360. Graphics are much improved over IV, the arcadey driving is back (Yay,) and the world is absolutely massive from what I can tell.

Looking forward to digging in further when I haven't been up 23 hours straight.

How did you handle the 360 install? Not install the play disc and run it in the drive or install to USB? Or just install both discs to the hard drive?

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 17, 2013, 08:47:00 AM »

Grabbed it for 360 at midnight. Played for a 2 or 3 hrs so far. Gonna see if I can sacrifice some sleep and get in another hr... Or two...

Installed disk one and did NOT install disk two. Running good and not that loud really...
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 17, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »

As i am installing the game and looking at the pretty pictures,there is one picture of a cop,and he looks the spit of the cop from The Transporter

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #698 on: September 17, 2013, 10:48:59 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 17, 2013, 04:10:53 AM

The reports indicate that there is a small difference in shadow and foliage quality between the two versions, with the 360 coming out on top. However, the difference is microscopic compared to what we saw in GTA 4, and the framerate is identical between the two consoles.

Actually this is incorrect. The digital foundry comparison says the PS3 version is the one to get re image quality, apprently the textures on roads and foilage etc is blurry on the 360 and crystal on the PS3.

Link here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-grand-theft-auto-5-face-off

I am still getting the 360 version.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #699 on: September 17, 2013, 10:52:59 AM »

Dammit, was just beaten to the punch while typing this post. Posting it anyway. Tongue

Quote from: TiLT on September 17, 2013, 04:10:53 AM

Digital Foundry has published a more detailed comparison between the two versions now. They give the advantage to the PS3 version, though the difference is minor. Apparently there's a bit more foliage in certain situations on the 360 (with some added aliasing as a drawback) and slightly better reflections in a specific mirror, while the PS3 has better asset streaming which results in higher detail ground textures. The PS3 lags behind the 360 with about 2 fps on average during cutscenes, but maintains its fps better during hectic firefights, which can become a little too much for the 360. All in all, it doesn't really matter what platform one chooses this time around as both are excellent, but Digital Foundry still gives a slight edge to the PS3 version.

From the final verdict:

At last, Rockstar North's monstrous open-world caper is here in all its glory - but after five years and an estimated £170 million being sunk into development and marketing, which version is the one to buy? After playing both versions extensively and amassing over 2TB of lossless video to analyse, we must stress that you're bound to have a fantastic time with either take. Lighting and physics engines are fully intact on both versions, and the minor differences in reflection mapping go down as nitpicks. At its core, both PS3 and 360 present the same massive Los Angeles-inspired sprawl via the same 720p native resolution lens, with almost entirely identical effects and object detail.

However, it's apparent that the PS3 version has an undeniable advantage in one area: even to the naked eye, ground textures on 360 are blurred as a result of what appears to be unoptimised asset streaming. Glitch or not, this basically amounts to concrete and grass textures appearing fuzzier beneath the feet of Trevor, Michael or Franklin, while the PS3 version's remain crystal clear. The 360 does command a minor advantage in frame-rate during synchronised play, but for shoot-outs and high-speed hurtles down the city streets, the PS3 can sometimes pull ahead in these metrics - though the difference is rarely perceptible either way. Since all else is identical across the board, the PS3 version is recommended on the grounds of image quality if you have the option.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: September 17, 2013, 11:38:04 AM »

Well i have my copy now, just 3 hours till home time.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: September 17, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »

The game is MINE! Installing the PS3 version now, and I've got all evening to play. smile
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 17, 2013, 01:26:05 PM »

I'm still confused about the USB drive situation.

Does installing disc 2 increase general performance of the game, or does it just improve performance over installing disc 2 to the hard disk?    The wording of the linked article read like for those that want to install disc 2 to avoid disk spin noise, do it to a USB instead of the HD because performance will take a hit.   

I'm trying to figure out if I will get good performance by just running the game with disc 2 in the drive, or if I will see a performance increase by installing disc 2 (in this case to a USB)?
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #703 on: September 17, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »

There's only one warning that Rockstar gave, which was not to install disc 1.

Installing disc 2 to the drive or USB should have an increase in performance for either method.

The thing is figuring out which has better performance.

I think for a game like GTA5, a USB flash drive should have better performance since the game would be doing a lot more random reading than other games, and that's one reason why people get SSDs and flash drive boosts.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 17, 2013, 01:42:58 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 17, 2013, 01:37:38 PM

There's only one warning that Rockstar gave, which was not to install disc 1.

Installing disc 2 to the drive or USB should have an increase in performance for either method.

The thing is figuring out which has better performance.

I think for a game like GTA5, a USB flash drive should have better performance since the game would be doing a lot more random reading than other games, and that's one reason why people get SSDs and flash drive boosts.

Even if I have an old Xbox?   I still have one of the white flagship models.   I'm assuming USB has improved in the later models.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #705 on: September 17, 2013, 02:04:10 PM »

The only thing that might have changed with USB is a jump to USB 3.0, which is highly unlikely to have been added. There's no point to adding USB3 since the spec for the 360 is fixed.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 17, 2013, 02:06:48 PM »

msd I recommend playing through the game once off the disc and once off the USB drive.  You can then compare time to completion for each method and then know which one to use for your real playthrough.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 17, 2013, 02:12:07 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on September 17, 2013, 02:06:48 PM

msd I recommend playing through the game once off the disc and once off the USB drive.  You can then compare time to completion for each method and then know which one to use for your real playthrough.

That sounds like a plan.
siege

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 17, 2013, 02:24:09 PM »

I just installed disc one to the USB drive and play off of disc two. Performance seems fine. A little pop in here and there but nothing too distracting. The frame rate appears to be around 30 with occasional drops. I'm very happy with performance overall considering this is eight year old hardware. It's going to be jaw dropping on PC if they ever port it.

The game just keeps getting better and better. Strong contender for game of the generation.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 17, 2013, 02:47:11 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 17, 2013, 05:49:43 AM

Quote from: Lordnine on September 16, 2013, 07:24:07 PM

Quote from: TiLT on September 16, 2013, 03:12:19 PM

Quote from: Greggy_D on September 16, 2013, 03:08:04 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 16, 2013, 02:42:31 PM

just to balance things a little bit
The Escapist
Spoiler for Hiden:
3.5/5

"excellently crafted open world is marred by a script that presents despicable characters as the protagonists."

Give me a fucking break.  It's GTA.

Yeah. Loathe as I am to say "he doesn't get it" about a reviewer, he just doesn't get it.
I think that is a valid criticism.  In my mind there is a difference between being a criminal and being a horrible human being.  Itís fun to be the bad guy but I want to be the bad guy with a moral code that I can still respect.  I have the same problem with the Payday series.  It can be fun but I hate the characters and takes away my enjoyment from the games.

Its a shame that we can't criticize a game or story anymore other than being told to "go play a kids game" these days. I think this part of the Escapist review is pretty good, actually :

Now, you may say, that's the hallmark of the crime genre Grand Theft Auto spawned, at least in videogames. But some of the events and missions of Grand Theft Auto V feel more malicious and, well, evil, than the comparatively light-hearted violence of most games, the recent Saints Row 4 being a perfect example. What's missing in GTA V's story is a sense that the characters have been painted into a corner by various machinations beyond their control, like Niko Bellic of GTA IV, or must commit their crimes to mete out justice, as Tommy Vercetti does in Vice City. The three main characters of GTAV do terrible things merely to get paid, and deserve no sympathy. There's no drive in them even to be the best at what they do, the last American value we afford criminals, but rather they commit these crimes with no lifeline thrown to the audience to pull us along in supporting them. It is the difference between The Godfather Part 1 and Part 2, between Inglorious Basterds and Triumph of the Will, and between Just Cause 2 and JFK Reloaded. In the former examples, the audience can get behind the anti-heroes depicted for whatever reason and condone their admittedly awful actions, but in the latter group, the subject matter or the protagonist's morals are skewed too far from the norm to be comfortably witnessed. That's what it's like to play Grand Theft Auto V. The three men you take control of throughout the game aren't even anti-heroes. They're just scumbags.

What I've seen so far, and what I've read of the game, turns me off completely. It seems like the people in it are poor rolemodels (Scumbags), and if earlier videos about 11 year olds getting the game is any indication, its not a game that is limited to adults, the 18+ sign notwithstanding.

Seriously, Trevor's introductory scene begins with him screwing a scabby woman from behind, and then stomping her boyfriend in the face until he's dead when the cuckolded man has the nerve to confront him. See? Charming!

Is this really what people find interesting? It IS a shame, because the world building seems incredibly talented and well-done, and if only they could tone it down a bit, it would probably be the best game ever. Its just a shame that it has to be ultra-violence, that I do no think any 11 year old ever should be exposed to, that is selling the game.

Anyways, I'll be over here playing some Nintendo game, I guess.

From The Escapist review:

If only the morally reprehensible script written by Dan Houser lived up to the achievements in game-making that Grand Theft Auto V otherwise embodies, it would be not just the game of the year but of the decade. Unfortunately, you can only hear a character say "&^%@ you, Mother&*^%er" so many times before it starts to grate on you. You can only embody a vicious psychopath a short time before it becomes boring, at best, and soul-crushing, at worst. Forcing players to murder people, not in a gamey "I killed you to complete a goal" way that defines this medium, but in a terrorizing and demeaning way, is not what will make videogames great. Rockstar had a chance to elevate, and they wasted it on portraying characters you don't want to spend five minutes with, let alone the hours it would take to play through the game's story.
Read more at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10598-Grand-Theft-Auto-5-Review-People-Suck.2#s4xZ4UZSwIHrzxSd.99

I gotta agree with Razgon. I've found the GTA series increasingly off-putting with each new game for their focus on unredeemable criminal characters. Hell, it's the main reason why I've no interest in playing GTAV. The last GTA I tried to get into was 'Vice City'. The concept of playing a 'crime simulation' turns me off. I'm sure the game has astounding production values, but I'm actually turned off. So.. No GTAV for me.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 17, 2013, 03:04:55 PM »

I came to this thread to post a bit of a lament that what looks like a great game is one that I can't play with my kids.  But others have already been doing it.

My kids would love being able to run around this world, drive different vehicles, etc. but the ultra violence and themes just make it unplayable.  I am sure that with the real market for video games being 20-40 year olds that won't be a problem for the developer but it make me annoyed as a gamer with kids.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 17, 2013, 03:08:42 PM »

I installed disc 1 to HDD,then put in disc 2,it was loading for a long time and then it said install complete,so i guess part of disc 2 gets installed ..anyway gameplay seems smooth,noticed very little pop up,i have however noticed quite a few glitches

looks like social club is getting hammered right now,or else i would show you the photos i took of the glitches

what i did today

Spoiler for Hiden:
Went to the cinema and watched some arty film,i loved the warnings at the beginning
Spoiler for Hiden:
no mobile phones,no children and for the consideration of others please do not masterbate in the cinema
the Piswasser commercial on the radio is pretty damn sweet

Played a set of Tennis with Amanda,seemed easy

Called my blimp and got a ride from the airport and went straight to mount chiliad,jumped out...and found out the hard way that you need to buy parachutes from Ammu-nation icon_frown

went to a strip club,got myself a lapdance and had a bit of a fondle while the bouncers weren't looking

did a few missions,after I could not get into Michaels bedroom to save my game for some reason,so switched to Franklin(not unlocked Trevor yet),and the dumbasses put a mission start at my front door,so i had to do the mission before i could save my game,which was annoying

no idea what i am doing with Chop,i took him for a walk,selected ball,tried to throw the ball and instead i set Chop onto some people and started a gunfight

Eurogamer do a face off here,looks like the PS3 version is slightly ahead because of ground texture that EG say may or may not be a glitch for the 360 version,and the 360 version sometimes ahead in frame rate,other than that both versions are more or less identical
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-grand-theft-auto-5-face-off

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 17, 2013, 03:32:10 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on September 17, 2013, 02:12:07 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on September 17, 2013, 02:06:48 PM

That sounds like a plan.

we await your report.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 17, 2013, 03:33:36 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 17, 2013, 02:04:10 PM

The only thing that might have changed with USB is a jump to USB 3.0, which is highly unlikely to have been added. There's no point to adding USB3 since the spec for the 360 is fixed.

yeah, the 360 is 2.0.

Because I can,
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 17, 2013, 03:34:34 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 17, 2013, 04:09:36 AM

Quote from: Lordnine on September 16, 2013, 10:19:22 PM

So is it wrong for there to be a review written for people who are NOT already fans of the series?

No, but it's wrong to review a game where you don't like and/or understand its basic premises. You don't set someone who doesn't like sports to review a sports game, so why would you set someone who doesn't like crime stories to review a crime game? It does everyone a disservice.

I actually found the review quite helpful because I was considering giving gta a try again since the last one I played was three. But while the game may be fantastic I'm not into the content still it seems. A bit much for me. It's a fair criticism, you just don't agree with it.
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 17, 2013, 03:41:46 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on September 17, 2013, 02:47:11 PM

I gotta agree with Razgon. I've found the GTA series increasingly off-putting with each new game for their focus on unredeemable criminal characters. Hell, it's the main reason why I've no interest in playing GTAV. The last GTA I tried to get into was 'Vice City'. The concept of playing a 'crime simulation' turns me off. I'm sure the game has astounding production values, but I'm actually turned off. So.. No GTAV for me.

I'm in the same boat.  I guess age does change you, because I have changed in this area.  My favorite genre of films are mafia and other crime movies, but I have zero interest in playing GTA.  I know it will be over the top and I'll just feel immature playing it for some reason.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 17, 2013, 03:47:57 PM »

Some of you pansies need to get a copy of the game and log into multiplayer so that I can beat you up and shoot you execution style for being pansies.

slywink
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 17, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on September 17, 2013, 03:47:57 PM

Some of you pansies need to get a copy of the game and log into multiplayer so that I can beat you up and shoot you execution style for being pansies.

slywink

is there basic MP?  I thought it wouldn't work until the 1st.

Because I can,
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 17, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »

I'm not sure I understand the backlash about bad guy characters.  Does this also apply to shows you watch as well?  I enjoy shows that are 'gritty' and show a side of life that I don't ever experience in real life...ditto games (though I've not played the GTA series...).
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #719 on: September 17, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on September 17, 2013, 03:04:55 PM

I came to this thread to post a bit of a lament that what looks like a great game is one that I can't play with my kids.  But others have already been doing it.

My kids would love being able to run around this world, drive different vehicles, etc. but the ultra violence and themes just make it unplayable.  I am sure that with the real market for video games being 20-40 year olds that won't be a problem for the developer but it make me annoyed as a gamer with kids.

Well, if playing a Nintendo game wonít ruin you man credibility as someone in this thread seemed to suggest,( icon_lol) there is Lego City on the WiiU which is GTA with Lego people.  A few faults aside, it is pretty good and does more or less what you are looking for while managing to be quite hilarious on occasion.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: