http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 12:33:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 30870 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 12, 2013, 11:16:52 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on September 12, 2013, 10:26:09 AM

Why do you have to double dip? Buy it for the system you want. There's a lot of people with current gen systems who don't plan on upgrading soon and there's a bunch of people who want to experience it in even higher def glory!

you don't, but many would.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 12, 2013, 11:20:54 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 12, 2013, 11:09:31 AM

I think I read MS is offering this type of deal somewhere, but it could be wishful thinking on my part

a bunch of places are offering that deal, but only for select games and GTA 5 isn't part of it.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 12, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »

more PC rumors, but since it says Games for Windows Live I'd take it with a grain of salt.  They just shut down the marketplace for GfWL, and rumor has it it'll be going away altogether in mid-2014.

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 12, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »

Isnt Final Fantasy 14 a pay to play game though? If that's the case, of course they don't want to put any roadblocks in the way of you upgrading.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 12, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »

yeah that's true

Okay i have a plan for GTA5

Release GTA5(THIS TUESDAY!!!)on Current Gen,then release whatever their plans for DLC are somewhere down the line...then say mid Next Year,release a GOTY edition with the full game and all the DLC for XB1 and PS4

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: September 12, 2013, 03:07:54 PM »

I'd say that's a pretty realistic estimate. Dunno if they'll release much in the way of DLC though. Is that something Rockstar has done before, outside of multiplayer at least? The two extra campaigns for GTA4 are full-blown expansions in my eyes and don't really count.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 12, 2013, 03:14:17 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 12, 2013, 03:07:54 PM

I'd say that's a pretty realistic estimate. Dunno if they'll release much in the way of DLC though. Is that something Rockstar has done before, outside of multiplayer at least? The two extra campaigns for GTA4 are full-blown expansions in my eyes and don't really count.

Okay then expansions

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 12, 2013, 04:57:56 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 07, 2013, 09:22:53 AM

Don't forget to sign up for LifeInvader before your name is gone forever and you are marked a failure by society.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 12, 2013, 05:15:34 PM »

more urls are hinted at, but not are are live yet.

warstock-cache-and-carry.com/
LegendaryMotorsport.com

Live, but points to a R* page.
ElitasTravel.com

there are a number of user profiles for in game people.  not sure what effect stalking has on them though. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 12, 2013, 05:32:49 PM »

Created a crew for MP

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 12, 2013, 06:04:40 PM »

My social club stuff was still there since GTAIV

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 12, 2013, 07:35:49 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 12, 2013, 04:57:56 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 07, 2013, 09:22:53 AM

Don't forget to sign up for LifeInvader before your name is gone forever and you are marked a failure by society.

icon_lol

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 12, 2013, 07:36:48 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 12, 2013, 03:07:54 PM

Red Dead had the zombie DLC.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 12, 2013, 08:47:20 PM »

more map news!

GTA 5 map compared to actual city sizes.

a hot model wearing nothing but the map!

oh, and some GTA Online new:  Rockstar: GTA 5 online to one day encompass past games and entire world:

GTA 5 developer Rockstar North has revealed the scale of its ambition for Grand Theft Auto Online, saying it wants ‘to create an entire GTA world’ for the player to traverse.

Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies said that an online environment had been the developer’s dream since Grand Theft Auto 3, and that he hopes previous work can be brought together with future titles to create a vast GTA world.

Benzies told Game Informer that Rockstar hopes to ‘create an entire Grand Theft Auto world that consists of everything we’ve done or are going to do then let the player freely move between them.’

maybe they could take the DeLorean mod that was made for GTA 4 and use it to implement travel to Vice City biggrin

Because I can,
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 12, 2013, 08:52:34 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 12, 2013, 05:15:34 PM

more urls are hinted at, but not are are live yet.

warstock-cache-and-carry.com/
LegendaryMotorsport.com

Live, but points to a R* page.
ElitasTravel.com

there are a number of user profiles for in game people.  not sure what effect stalking has on them though. 
Click the LifeInvader image at the top left and it rotates through all the live pages...
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 12, 2013, 08:53:20 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 12, 2013, 05:32:49 PM

Joined..
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 12, 2013, 08:54:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 12, 2013, 08:47:20 PM

I think you gave the wrong link.. I watched the whole thing and didn't see the GTA V map...  saywhat
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 12, 2013, 08:59:54 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 12, 2013, 05:32:49 PM

joined yo!

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 13, 2013, 03:27:33 AM »

Preordered 360 version.   Joined the crew.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 13, 2013, 03:37:06 AM »

I joined as well, although I will be on vacation when GTAV Online goes live. I'll keep watching this thread however.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 13, 2013, 07:27:23 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 12, 2013, 08:47:20 PM

more map news!

GTA 5 map compared to actual city sizes.

a hot model wearing nothing but the map!

oh, and some GTA Online new:  Rockstar: GTA 5 online to one day encompass past games and entire world:

GTA 5 developer Rockstar North has revealed the scale of its ambition for Grand Theft Auto Online, saying it wants ‘to create an entire GTA world’ for the player to traverse.

Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies said that an online environment had been the developer’s dream since Grand Theft Auto 3, and that he hopes previous work can be brought together with future titles to create a vast GTA world.

Benzies told Game Informer that Rockstar hopes to ‘create an entire Grand Theft Auto world that consists of everything we’ve done or are going to do then let the player freely move between them.’

maybe they could take the DeLorean mod that was made for GTA 4 and use it to implement travel to Vice City biggrin

You Rick rolled me!!!!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 13, 2013, 08:31:11 AM »

Dan Houser on GTAVs Three Character Swap
(its long but an interesting read)

Looks like reviews are coming Monday 10am Eastern(this is the time i have see on this site linked and Kotaku)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 13, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »

yep, 10am Monday for lots of sites.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM »

PS3 pre-loading delayed until the 16th.

Sony previously said customers pre-ordering through its online store would be able to download the 17 gigabytes worth of data the game encompasses from September 13. However it has now told users on the official PlayStation forum pre-loading has been delayed until a day before the game's official release.

"I can confirm that GTA V will be available to pre-download on Monday the 16th September," posted an online support coordinator.

"I will try to find out why the date has changed but its confirmed that the pre-download will be on the 16th."

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 13, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »

would you like to read forever and ever?

Hands on with Rockstars GTA Online-Game Informer

well i can at least quote the Q and A at the end of the article

As GTA Online evolves, Rockstar will continue to issue new content to its community. In addition, it also plans to give players the keys to a creation system. Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies sheds some light on how this works.

Talk about the approach Rockstar North is taking with user-created content.
We want to give players the opportunity to create anything that we can create within the team and for it to be as easy as sending a text message. I think we've managed that with the editors. Now anyone can have their own races or deathmatches spread amongst the world of Grand Theft Auto Online players within minutes. The race and deathmatch creators are the simplest and will be available first. We'll then release more variations to allow any type of mission to be made.

Do you have to reach a certain rank before you are allowed to start creating your own content?
Yes. We want people to understand the game before they go off and create. You only have to be a few ranks to be able to start, so you should be there within an hour of play.

Can you give an example of the kind of ownership the user has over a race or deathmatch? How intricate can these designs get?
Races are fairly simple and allow the player to select the vehicle type, the race type – Normal race, GTA Race, or a new mode that is great fun called Rally. You choose the weather, the radio station, whether police can interfere, and then whether you want ambient cars. After that, you place the checkpoints, test the race, and publish it. A deathmatch has more options and allows you to set the type, default kills, as well as the time. You then place the spawn points, weapons, and any extra props and vehicles you'll want on the map. Players will want to test their missions over and over to perfect them, as others who download and play their missions will be ranking them.

How is user-created content being surfaced for other players? Will Rockstar curate its favorite fan-created material?
Yes. We'll be continually playing the content and stamping the quality missions with 'Rockstar Verified.' The people creating the missions will be ranked, and eventually you'll get to know who is creating the best content and you can start to follow them and grab their works.

How do you eventually see content creation evolving?
We eventually want players to be able to create missions as complex as the ones found in our single-player games. We want to give the player the power to make anything their brains can come up with. At some point in the future, we'd like people to be able to make their stories with all the tools we have available to make ours.

How does Rockstar plan to roll out new studio-created content in the future?
There will be a mix of everything. There will be a continuous flow of content and we'll be creating new missions faster than people can play them. We have over 500 missions in there at the moment, which will take a long time to get through. It's also worth taking into account that even a simple deathmatch can be completely changed by calling up one of your contacts and asking for some help  or even having a contact hide you from the radar. The possibilities are endless.

Is the geography for Grand Theft Auto Online locked, or could you eventually decide to expand with new regions?
Every part of Grand Theft Auto Online has been designed with expansion in mind. A dream of ours is to create an entire Grand Theft Auto world that consists of everything we've done or are going to do then let the player freely move between them. The launch of Grand Theft Auto Online is a beginning for us; it gets us a little closer to being able to make that happen.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 13, 2013, 04:25:06 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on September 13, 2013, 07:27:23 AM

You Rick rolled me!!!!

yes I did.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 13, 2013, 06:46:17 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

Sony previously said customers pre-ordering through its online store would be able to download the 17 gigabytes worth of data the game encompasses from September 13. However it has now told users on the official PlayStation forum pre-loading has been delayed until a day before the game's official release.

"I can confirm that GTA V will be available to pre-download on Monday the 16th September," posted an online support coordinator.

"I will try to find out why the date has changed but its confirmed that the pre-download will be on the 16th."

forgot to add that the date is for European pre-load, meanwhile the US is not getting one.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 13, 2013, 08:04:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 13, 2013, 06:46:17 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

forgot to add that the date is for European pre-load, meanwhile the US is not getting one.

Update: Rockstar has sent out a tweet clarifying preload times for Grand Theft Auto 5 on PS3. In the US, PSN users who pre-ordered the game can download the game files on Monday at 3am EST; in Europe, it's Sunday at 3pm BST.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 13, 2013, 10:43:22 PM »

that's cool.

Because I can,
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 14, 2013, 07:23:17 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 13, 2013, 04:25:06 PM

You Rick rolled me!!!!

yes I did.

And I fell for it...
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 14, 2013, 10:06:22 AM »

My Blaine County-Trailer

So,is that confirming that Darts will be back?

Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 10:07:56 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 14, 2013, 02:49:39 PM »

***MASSIVE SPOILERS***

Spoiler for Hiden:

Tongue

Nah just kidding,but this 13 minute video of the Xbox 360 version really is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIBu8RQGIts

Spoiler for Hiden:
I see some pop up on the buildings,but i think other than that it looks quite sweet

however i did only skim through the video

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 14, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 14, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

***MASSIVE SPOILERS***

Spoiler for Hiden:

Tongue

ha.  nice one MO. 

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 14, 2013, 05:49:15 PM »

Looks cool, forgot how much bad language it uses.  It's funny, the violence I don't really mind, but the nigger this nigger that, and fuck this fuck that spewed so much just drives me nuts.  I'm hoping there's a filter, but  I doubt it. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 14, 2013, 06:51:28 PM »

Quote from: naednek on September 14, 2013, 05:49:15 PM

Looks cool, forgot how much bad language it uses.  It's funny, the violence I don't really mind, but the nigger this nigger that, and fuck this fuck that spewed so much just drives me nuts.  I'm hoping there's a filter, but  I doubt it. 

ahh i didn't have the sound on,i don't mind the swearing,but the excessive use of the N word may bother me(I don't mind it in QT movies,just hope it doesn't sound forced here)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 14, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on September 14, 2013, 07:23:17 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 13, 2013, 04:25:06 PM

You Rick rolled me!!!!

yes I did.

And I fell for it...
yes you did.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 14, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »

Quote from: naednek on September 14, 2013, 05:49:15 PM

I don't remember GTA 4 have much swearing, but I think the former is due to the gang content.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 14, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 14, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

***MASSIVE SPOILERS***

Spoiler for Hiden:

Tongue

icon_lol

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 14, 2013, 09:40:41 PM »

Hilarious, mo.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 14, 2013, 09:45:23 PM »

Rockstar is saying no pre-release footage of any kind, including unboxing videos.  looks like they aren't being as hard ass as they sound though.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: