http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 03:32:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PS3,360,PS4,XB1,PC] Grand Theft Auto V  (Read 39946 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2013, 04:39:46 PM »

love Trevor, and I want this game now.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2013, 05:28:26 PM »

Still hating those main characters.  Kind of sad that the most relatable one is a psychopath.   icon_confused

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2013, 05:38:33 PM »

They are so good at creating real, complicated characters that it boggles my mind how these games are just lumped into the "murder simulator" category.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2013, 06:58:42 PM »

The facial modeling looks great, better than L.A. Noire even. Very impressive. But yeah, none of those characters look very sympathetic.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2013, 07:23:15 PM »

a few pics that i like because of the backgrounds,i like that i can go to that mountain and climb it,i like that i can take a helicopter and land on the roof of any of those buildings and hopefully this time that Theme Park will be operational unlike the one in GTA4

see that bridge right out into the background,or the mountain over to the left,station wagon type cars as well

this one made me smile,Trevor sporting a calculator watch

probably my favourite pic of them all,looks great,detail is mega crazy

this pic looks real!!

CVG has lots more taken from the trailers,the above ones are just my favourite

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2013, 08:17:53 PM »

Just got San Andreas to prepare myself for this. Looks sweet.  What's always confused me about the titles though is the naming and numbering. San Andreas is technically the 5th game in the series, but isn't counted as part of the main series while being one of the more popular titles, but how do they dictate the main series? I mean, what sets them apart from the rest aside from the numbering? Is there a recurring storyline that runs through the numbered titles? Is it mainly when there are big graphical updates?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2013, 09:08:46 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on April 30, 2013, 08:17:53 PM

Just got San Andreas to prepare myself for this. Looks sweet.  What's always confused me about the titles though is the naming and numbering. San Andreas is technically the 5th game in the series, but isn't counted as part of the main series while being one of the more popular titles, but how do they dictate the main series? I mean, what sets them apart from the rest aside from the numbering? Is there a recurring storyline that runs through the numbered titles? Is it mainly when there are big graphical updates?

AFAIK, the 2D titles are their own chronology, the GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are separate, and GTA 4 and 5 take place in another new chronology. While these things take place in similar settings, they aren't the same universes. In other words, the events of San Andreas didn't happen, or won't happen, in the world of GTA 5.
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2013, 09:12:51 PM »

I just wish one of the guys could of been say, an unemployed guy just trying to keep his family in place, pay some bills, and gets in way way way over his head.  To me that is relateable too,  these 3 psychos however, I cant relate at all towards them. Bunch of losers who deserve to be locked up.

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2013, 09:21:42 PM »

I was expecting this new GTA not to be numbered,but then i remembered the DLC for GTA4(GTA:Lost and damned+Ballad of Gay Tony),so perhaps they are the numberless entries that usually appear inbetween the numbered ones(not counting the 'LC/VC stories' spin offs)

I have so many games to play...but i now want to play all the GTA games again

Quote from: tcweidner on April 30, 2013, 09:12:51 PM

I just wish one of the guys could of been say, an unemployed guy just trying to keep his family in place, pay some bills, and gets in way way way over his head.  To me that is relateable too,  these 3 psychos however, I cant relate at all towards them. Bunch of loser who deserve to be locked up.

You can relate to Claude,Tommy,CJ or Niko?.....actually to be fair,I have read a lot of posts saying they can relate to Michael going through a rough time(divorce?)with his relationship,and also my guess is we only know the basics of the three characters up to now,i would be very surprised if a Rockstar video game character was not complicated  icon_lol

Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2013, 10:39:33 PM »

After all of this time, I'm a little shocked that they haven't had at least one female protagonist. I realize that the audience is largely male, but they could at least offer one as an alternative.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2013, 10:52:51 PM »

Considering how they unashamedly flaunted homosexuality in The Ballad of Gay Tony (which was awesome), another type of thing that doesn't typically sell well, I suspect they'll get around to it eventually. I suspect much of the reason we're seeing male protagonists in these games is because it's so much harder for most people to imagine a woman doing the kind of things you do in these games.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2013, 11:37:51 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 30, 2013, 09:08:46 PM

AFAIK, the 2D titles are their own chronology, the GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are separate, and GTA 4 and 5 take place in another new chronology. While these things take place in similar settings, they aren't the same universes. In other words, the events of San Andreas didn't happen, or won't happen, in the world of GTA 5.

I guess that makes sense, though I`m still confused why they would number one of them and not the others. Their naming conventions baffle me.

As for women, I thought I`d remembered there was a character selection screen that you could pick from several different women in the first few games, but that would have obviously changed with their focus on story starting with GTA 3.

And I was right:
http://gta.wikia.com/Protagonists_in_GTA_1
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2013, 11:54:19 PM »

Well, each numbered game moved the series forward in technology and gameplay. It's kind of like how the Ultima series had the Underworlds and the World of Ultima games, in addition to the numbered series.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2013, 12:05:40 PM »

Exactly.  The modern games were actually GTA III, GTA III: Vice City, GTA III: San Andreas, which all use the same engine, essentially, then GTA IV and its two DLC games and now GTA V. 

I have to say that GTA V seems to be a similar engine to IV, though.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2013, 01:21:22 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 01, 2013, 12:05:40 PM

Yup,they both use the Rage/Euphoria game engines the only difference is that they have 5 years on GTA4 which is why it looks better(although some character models in backgrounds look like they have been lifted right out of GTA4...the 'party girl in a boat' picture for one,that guy at the front with the 'plastic' hair)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2013, 02:49:44 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 01, 2013, 01:21:22 PM

Yup,they both use the Rage/Euphoria game engines the only difference is that they have 5 years on GTA4 which is why it looks better(although some character models in backgrounds look like they have been lifted right out of GTA4...the 'party girl in a boat' picture for one,that guy at the front with the 'plastic' hair)

holy shit, it has been 5 years hasn't it?

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2013, 05:51:56 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 01, 2013, 02:49:44 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 01, 2013, 01:21:22 PM

holy shit, it has been 5 years hasn't it?

Went back and installed ICE and all the other mods to IV and it looks pretty damned sweet, but for the love of the FSM they absolutely MUST improve the bouncy ass driving physics.  Gah....just horrible.   I hope they went back and re-played 4 so they could remember why we all hated the driving so much.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »

more details

quite a long list
Spoiler for Hiden:
-Rockstar claims its goal was to create the ultimate open world

-The transition between the three protagonists is smooth; the camera zooms out to a Google Earth view, the screen fills with static, the camera moves across the city and zooms back into your chosen character

-The closer characters are, the quicker the transition. During missions where they're all together its instantaneous

-Each character is rated in a series of skill categories: Stamina, Shooting, Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Mechanic, Lung Capacity.

-Each character has a 'Special': Franklin is an adrenalin junkie and can slow down time while driving; Trevor has a frenzy mode, where he's does double damage, takes half damage, and has a unique melee attack; Michael has his own version of bullet time

-Specials are governed by a meter, it drains after use and recharges slowly

-Other skill categories are shared and can be improved by completing missions, side missions, activities and more

-Trevor will always be the best pilot, Franklin will always be the best driver but each can improve their proficiency a little

-One of the skill categories is stealth, suggesting players will be able to take different approaches to missions

-The wave physics are some of the best we've seen in any game this generation

-Although weather wasn't shown, it's easy to see how they'd work in the game

-Some boats will include gear such as wetsuit, flippers and tanks for diving

-An underwater ecosystem exits, "the sea is teaming with fish and sharks"

-Treasures can be found underwater, but NPCs will be looking for them too

-GTA 5 rewards exploration, there's no signposting underwater, so you'll have to find the treasure the hard way
Dives won't offer massive payoffs, but will "help grease the wheels"

-The character selection wheel is split into four triangles: Franklin, Trevor, Michael, and your multiplayer character

-It seems there's a closer relationship between single and multiplayer. Simply pressing Down on the d-pad will drop the play in and out of MP.

-Rockstar has said it will reveal more on multiplayer in the future

-Michael's is miserable: his wife hates him, he has no relationship with his kids, he spends his drinking whiskey and watching old action movies

-There are subtle differences in the way each character moves to reflect their personalities; Michael is slower and deliberate.

-Rockstar says there will be five times as many pedestrians in GTA V as there were in Grand Theft Auto IV

-The game is a "massive" technical step up from GTA IV, the team has nailed the look of LA

-There's a "crazy level of detail": Tourist buses can be boarded for a tour of celebrity homes, film posters are plastered on the walls, men in comedy costumes try to corner you outside the Cathay Theatre, including the Superman-like Impotent Rage and Master Chief riff, Space Ranger.

-iFruit, the game's new phone, can be used to snap pictures and upload them to Rockstar's Social Club or your own our social media page. Recording videos seems likely.

-The phone also has apps. In addition to the camera there is internet, contacts, social media, a calendar, and a replay missions app.

-There are three more Rockstar hasn't yet detailed.

-Michael's obsession with classic films translates into in-game set pieces based on real world movies. In the demo the three characters mount a heist very similar to the one from Heat.

-'Mini heists' are used to teach the player about preparation. Players must secure vehicles, outfits, masks, the getaway vehicle and locations for dumping potentially damaging.

-These build up to a bigger heist where the execution must be flawless. They'll require the right crew and players will have to decide on the cheap option, which results in less skilled people, or paying more for skilled crew members that will a larger cut.

-You can switch between Franklin, Trevor and Michael during a cutscene, manually, or automatically when the AI takes control for you

-Each character has a job to do, how much you switch yourself in or let the computer do, is entirely up to you

-If you die the game reloads to the last checkpoint, even if two other characters are alive

-Although it's up to the player when they switch, dialogue will suggest ideal moments. For example, when Michael and Franklin are being overwhelmed by snipers, Michael might ask for Trevor's help.

-A combat roll has been introduced for moving between cover

-There is a wider field of vision, and players can run-and-gun

-Pay N Sprays can also mod cars with paint jobs, new wheels, window tints, grilles, spoilers. Upgrades to suspension, engine and brakes can also be made.

-Weapons can also be customised with laser sights, scopes, silencers, and high capacity magazines

-You can customise yourself with haircuts, new clothes, and tattoos

-You can pick up hitchikers, do stunt jumps and flying challenges, take part in yoga, golf, tennis or bike races.

-You can buy property too; houses, garages and businesses can all be purchased for extra revenue sources.

They also have 21 new screens,here's one

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2013, 06:27:07 PM »

But what about constant guy-date phone calls?  How will those be handled??

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2013, 09:15:04 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 02, 2013, 06:27:07 PM

But what about constant guy-date phone calls?  How will those be handled??

You will get a phone but no one will bug you like in GTA4,its "being handled differently"

(I watched CVGs GTA V O' Clock Video today 1hr 25 minutes )

in case you don't believe me(I'm hurt!!)
Kotaku
Niko's friends could be annoying. They were always calling, trying to bug me, essentially, to play mini-games. Understood, Rockstar's reps say. Don't worry about being badgered, they're handling it differently, and the mini-games will be fewer but deeper. You can use the in-game phone to take screenshots, by the way, and share them on Rockstar's Social Club website. What about all that dating stuff? Relationships aren't a mini-game in GTA V, I'm told.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2013, 12:41:37 AM »

god I want this game on PC.  I feel like although the game engine is much improved for consoles, it would still look much much better on a powerful pc.

come on R*.  make it happen. 

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2013, 06:58:50 AM »

I want to mount this game and make sweet love to it. Yeah, you heard me! nod
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2013, 08:37:44 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on May 04, 2013, 06:58:50 AM

you're getting sloppy seconds then  icon_wink

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2013, 09:31:25 AM »

Michael trailer remade with GTA:San Andreas

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2013, 08:40:32 PM »

wow it always amazes me when you try and remember what an old game looked like versus actually seeing years later.  It's always a disappointment.  Bad bad graphics
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2013, 09:05:25 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on May 04, 2013, 06:58:50 AM

I hear it goes for rough love, not sweet  paranoid

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2013, 10:57:25 PM »

More Screens

Wan Ka Internet Cafe Tongue

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »

Quote from: Caine on May 03, 2013, 12:41:37 AM

god I want this game on PC.  I feel like although the game engine is much improved for consoles, it would still look much much better on a powerful pc.

come on R*.  make it happen. 

CVG

A PC version of Grand Theft Auto V has been spotted in retailer listings in Germany.

The German arm of Amazon and retailer Games Only both have listings for a Games for Windows Live version of Rockstar's much-anticipated sequel (via Gematsu).
The game has only officially been confirmed for Xbox 360 and PS3.

No release date is offered, but the listings suggest that Rockstar may stick with its historical trend of releasing a PC version of its GTA games in the several months following a console debut.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2013, 03:52:21 PM »

no big surprise there.  figure I'll get the 360 version, play MP for a bit then trade it in and eventually grab the PC version on sale.

Because I can,
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2013, 05:29:53 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 04, 2013, 09:31:25 AM

That's pretty great.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »

CVG has 12 new screens,a few posted below

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2013, 02:04:47 AM »

5 more pics,stolen from CVG

Remember you can customise all vehicles,i think that includes Helmets

Sunsets(and all weather)in Red Dead Redemption were amazing,looks like we will be getting the same here

Okay,now thats fucking creepy for me,but still very cool to see the submirsables

This looks a lot like the neighbourhood in GTA:San Andreas ..kind of out in the sticks out in the Badlands,where you met that Crazy Chick at the Bar there

Nothing much to say apart from nice views,note the SWAT hanging on the sides of the Police car at the back like the picture above

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2013, 02:10:48 AM »

hell yeah  thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2013, 04:44:26 AM »

I need to go back and play San Andreas and Vice City.  I never did get through them.  They can be part of my Steam backlog project.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2013, 02:30:30 PM »

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector's Edition includes the contents of Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition plus:

-Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key - inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75" x 8.5" money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window;

-Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap - this exclusive New Era 9FIFTY cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer's left side, a Grand Theft Auto 'V' logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit;

-Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online - get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System;
Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the Carbon sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.

The Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition includes:

-Full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V;
-Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork - features custom color and metallic treatments to bring out the detail of the Michael, Trevor and Franklin artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook;
-Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County;
-Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster;
-Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County;
-Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County;
-Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunation stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.

$59.99 regular version, a $79.99 special edition, and the $149.99 collector's edition
Kotaku
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:57:10 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »

got this as well

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 23, 2013, 05:07:55 PM »

damn, do I want the CE?  not sure whatever happened to my GTA 4 one...

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 23, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 23, 2013, 03:08:02 PM

got this as well

blimp races! icon_lolthumbsup
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 08:00:36 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 23, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 23, 2013, 05:07:55 PM

Yeah but,twice the price of the special edition? for a Wallet(?),Cap,Box and custom Online Characters with Unique Vehicles...not worth the extra $70 IMO

I think i may stick with trying to get the Special Edition

...although i can tell right now that the steel case will not be as cool looking as my Dead Rising and Bioshock steel cases(and the pride of my collection),especially with that slip cover...ewww,its going to be more like my Dead Rising 2/Halo 4 steel cases(they are cheaper,or not as solid)

but then again,if i got the SE really i would just be paying for the BluePrint map...and not sure that would be that cool,rather just have a normal map

and then its down to the SE digital content

Yeah i think i will just pre-order the standard edition,LOL

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 23, 2013, 08:05:00 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 23, 2013, 05:07:55 PM

Yeah but,twice the price of the special edition? for a Wallet(?),Cap,Box and custom Online Characters with Unique Vehicles...not worth the extra $70 IMO

it's a really nice cap smile  still, you got a point.  I could just go with the standard and have almost enough left over to buy an Ouya.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: