http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 02:33:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GoW Update is Live!  (Read 893 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2007, 01:14:51 AM »

Go get it ladies and gents, you know the drill! Downloading now.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 01:24:11 AM »

Edit-apparently right now just the patching is live. The maps apparently won't start downloading until at the earliest midnight tonight from what I have gathered, possibly later. Sorry for the confusion.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 02:00:40 AM »

I'm still going to jump online after House and grab the patch, since it fixes the stupid mic issues.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 06:26:47 AM »

a lot of people have been complaining now about the 'no host name on the ranked matches'...because now they cant play with their friends on ranked..i dont really think its fair that people cant play with their friends,isnt that what having a friends list is about?

but..i didnt really like the online play of the game,so i am not bothered,LOL

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 01:06:24 PM »

Played a good 3 hrs last night online and I LOVE the new grenade tagging.  You have to really be right on the guy to get him. Much better, though I still gots teh blown ups quite a bit.

The voice chat fix is awesome. Everyone can talk to everyone else after every match regardless of what team and whether you're dead (ATB) or alive (Calvin).

Thumbs up so far.

However, there is now this pop up message that appears every time there's significant lag. It stops the whole game with everyone frozen in place until the 'lag' or connection viability is re-established. It really throws off your game.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 02:02:45 PM »

Yes, I noticed more grenades being thrown last night.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 02:12:29 PM »

Quote from: Beer Goggles on January 10, 2007, 02:02:45 PM

Yes, I noticed more grenades being thrown last night.

Definitely. Far more throwing.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 02:12:43 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 10, 2007, 01:24:11 AM

Edit-apparently right now just the patching is live. The maps apparently won't start downloading until at the earliest midnight tonight from what I have gathered, possibly later. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm downloading the maps nowzorz!
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 02:23:04 PM »

Wow.  I might actually try a ranked game now that not everyone will know each other.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 03:29:55 PM »

Quote from: ATB on January 10, 2007, 01:06:24 PM

However, there is now this pop up message that appears every time there's significant lag. It stops the whole game with everyone frozen in place until the 'lag' or connection viability is re-established. It really throws off your game.

wow, that would be annoying.  You get Papa's head right in the sniper crosshairs and go to fire when suddenly the whole game freezes  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 03:33:04 PM »

Played the new maps a bit.

The museum level is pretty good and I got to play it a bit- (people who play during the day are REALLY good.  Glad I'm usually working.) and I don't LOVE it but am glad for the addition.

Maybe once I get used to it.

The Raven Down one I got to tour but didn't fight anyone on. That looks like it's going to be a frenetic blast!  Can't wait!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 05:09:44 PM »

The museum one seemed pretty standard to me.  Nothing too exciting.

I love Raven Down.  That is a tight map (in the small and well-designed sense, not the way the kids are using the word).  It seems odd that you start on different sides of the map from other team members, but that's fairly cool as well.  The flaming helicopter in the middle (Raven down) looks great, but also adds significantly to gameplay.  There are easily accessible sniper rifles, but you can't get an easy shot because that giant hunk of metal is in the way.  I only played a few rounds, and I've already seen a number of nail-biting finishes, with people circling each other, dodging from cover to cover, trying to get a shot off, but because cover is so plentiful, there have been a lot of shotgun and chainsaw deaths.  Really great, but it only allows for a certain type of experience.

Man, was there bad lag today, though.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 06:14:37 PM »

I'll have to grab these tonight; thanks for the heads up!

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 07:41:35 PM »

Played on a team with a friend for a while today on a server cycling the two new ones, then a first-to-19 ranked match on Raven Down.

My initial impressions are pretty positive.  On the museum map, while it seems like there are lots of open spaces, most of the combat was in the tighter areas along the side; the Boomshot can dominate the central open area pretty easily.  Positioning is important, and it seems like the team that can avoid getting picked off one by one has a better-than-average shot here, since there are lots of opportunities for small-scale flanking maneuvers.

Raven Down alternates between a fantastic, fast-paced map and a charlie foxtrot depending on who's playing.  Each side gets to start on two adjacent 'wings' of the intersection, so even if you start apart you can quickly rendezvous near the center.  Of course, in that case, there's also the risk that the other side is going to do the same thing.  The open but debris-scattered layout means you can see people at much longer range than you can engage them most of the time on the wings, while near the center you're a sitting duck for anyone coming around a corner.  The shotgun pretty much seems to rule this map, since you won't get a long enough burst from the AR to down someone unless they miss.  However, you can clean up very nicely with the chainsaw if you're willing to keep moving and stay with your team.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 05:03:17 AM »

Probably just a coincidence, but I downloaded the new multiplayer pack 1 theme and was just letting the 360 sit at the dashbord.  All of a sudden I heard a wierd noise and the screen had gone completely corrupted.  Rebooted, loaded up gears, it died a couple minutes later (just went to black screen, no red rings).  I rebooted again and reset the theme and the box has been fine so far.  Played 10-15 minutes of geometry wars and the first level of gears without a problem.

Hopefully just something goofed with that theme, and not time for (another) new 360.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: