http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 05:06:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gothic 3 for the 360?  (Read 1036 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2006, 01:16:04 PM »

http://www.rpgdot.com/#46653

World of Gothic is reporting on an item from JoWood about a rumoured offer for an Xbox 360 version of Gothic 3:

Rumour has it that JoWooD, European publisher for Gothic 3, has recently received a substantial bid to sell the XBox publishing rights for its hit RPG computer game.

JoWooD News.de reports that JoWooD's CEO Albert Seidl has been contacted by an American company offering several million Dollars for this deal. Only time will tell if this rumour will turn into anything more substantial.

I'll stress that we don't know the veracity of this story and it seems unlikely the PC version would be affected at any rate.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 01:21:31 PM »

Yeah, but where's the GRAW demo!?    :lol:

I am Xboxalot on Live.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 01:46:57 PM »

Wasn't there supposed to be a Gothic II Xbox version at one point?
nasos_333
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 06:51:17 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Wasn't there supposed to be a Gothic II Xbox version at one point?

Gothic 2 was indeed intented for xbox, but never materialized. Xbox was at an unlnown status back then, they could not predict would be so huge, but now things are diffrent, with games like Oblivion beeing the spot light for xbox 360, it would make perfect sense to release it for xbox 360. That way we would not have to buy 2000$ pc's to play it, and we would avoid the hassle of pc gaming like crashes/bugs/patches/drivers etc etc

Here are some facts about Gothic 3 coming to xbox 360

FACTS
1. Jo-wood has spoken of gothic on consoles plans
2. In an quite old interview about gothic 3, developers said they were thinking of a xbox 360 version, but only after pc game is ready
3. Gothic 3 uses gamebryo 2 engine and speedtree, as Oblivion does and the port to xbox 360 would be really much easier than with any other engine

RUMORS

1. The bidding for publishing rights is indeed a rumor, but the game is not as popular as to create random rumors about it, so the possibility of this beeing true is really high
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 08:36:58 PM »

Several million dollars for the rights to this game?

I don't think so.

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
nasos_333
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 09:40:19 AM »

Quote from: "Cleric7"

I don't think so.

I meant as a whole jo-wood and piranha bytes would have a huge profit from this deal, making the game for xbox 360 that is
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 01:01:58 PM »

Quote from: "Cleric7"

I don't think so.

That wouldn't really surprise me for a completed game.  Some game engines that were created for other games (and not really intended for licensing) cost $300k - $500k to license.  With final development costs for most AAA games higher than $5 million, who knows?

Just speculation.

xbox live: nude rick james
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 01:02:01 PM »

Loved the first one...never got far in the second. I'd give it a go.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
nasos_333
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 05:59:39 AM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
Loved the first one...never got far in the second. I'd give it a go.

The second one was by far the best, though the towns in 1 were more immpresive
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 06:07:01 AM »

Huh, I guess this could be interesting if they ever fixed the godawful crap controls of the first two.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 12:06:44 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
Huh, I guess this could be interesting if they ever fixed the godawful crap controls of the first two.

Well if they're moving it to 360 they'd have to change the controls to make it work with the gamepad.  Right?   :wink:
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 07:01:55 PM »

Quote from: "warning"

Well if they're moving it to 360 they'd have to change the controls to make it work with the gamepad.  Right?   :wink:

Yeah, but after two games and expansions with the same SHITTY ASS CONTROL scheme I have doubts they will actually do it properly smile I actually saw the GOthic 2 gold pack in a store yesterday for 20 buckeroos and almost bought it, but the terrible control memories made me stop. Is there any reason to try Warning?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 07:28:46 PM »

Well I never had any problem with the controls in either Gothic game.  The first one I blew through in a dizzy haze that lasted a week and it was excellent.  The second one I've stalled halfway through but not because of the controls.  It's just a really difficult game which is both refreshing and frustrating.

They actually did change the controls a bit in Gothic 2 and now you can more easily use the mouse.  They're still wonky though and do take some getting used to.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 07:30:55 PM »

Yeah, but after two games and expansions with the same SHITTY ASS CONTROL scheme I have doubts they will actually do it properly smile I actually saw the GOthic 2 gold pack in a store yesterday for 20 buckeroos and almost bought it, but the terrible control memories made me stop. Is there any reason to try Warning?

I am suprised by that complaint.  Not becuase the controls were good but becuase you can change them.  I never encountered the control scheme becuase I heard it was terrible so I changed it before I even started the game.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 07:48:24 PM »

The Gothic controls were a bit different but it probably took me about an hour to become accustomed to them and then I didn't even notice it.

Honestly, the control scheme seems like it would transfer very well to a console controller.
nasos_333
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 05:59:35 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
The Gothic controls were a bit different but it probably took me about an hour to become accustomed to them and then I didn't even notice it.

Honestly, the control scheme seems like it would transfer very well to a console controller.

Indeed, many console games have controls that resemble Gothic's a lot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: