http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 10:52:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got an original Xbox today  (Read 720 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2005, 03:07:01 AM »

Went ahead and traded in my PS2 and about 20 games getting around $200 store credit at Gamestop. Got a refurbished Xbox (by Microsoft manufacturing date march 2005) for $129.99 plus Starwars battlefront 2, unreal championship 2, and counter-strike. I've played counter-strike before (on xbox) and have to say, I'm still just as addicted to it and that's without even trying xbox live.
Anyone play online still?
I'm considering signing up for Xbox live (was a member years ago) it's kind of hard to justify the "pay to play" especially when I was getting online with my ps2 for free, but after reading j allard's interview in the latest official playstation magazine (no I don't mean OXM..  :wink:) he pretty much summed up the reasoning for paying for Xbox Live when they asked about paying to play.

Any game suggestions for someone getting back into the original xbox this late in the game? Definitely like games with bots (Counter-Strike is a perfect example) or games with huge worlds to explore to meet and interact (and hopefully join up) with NPC's.

After all this time of playing the ps2 and now going to xbox, I have to wonder.. what the hell was I thinking? The graphics alone won me over, but the controller is simply the best one out there (for a console anyway) when it comes to first person shooters.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
philosophist_
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 03:14:38 AM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
Went ahead and traded in my PS2 and about 20 games getting around $200 store credit at Gamestop. Got a refurbished Xbox (by Microsoft manufacturing date march 2005) for $129.99 plus Starwars battlefront 2, unreal championship 2, and counter-strike. I've played counter-strike before (on xbox) and have to say, I'm still just as addicted to it and that's without even trying xbox live.
Anyone play online still?
I'm considering signing up for Xbox live (was a member years ago) it's kind of hard to justify the "pay to play" especially when I was getting online with my ps2 for free, but after reading j allard's interview in the latest official playstation magazine (no I don't mean OXM..  :wink:) he pretty much summed up the reasoning for paying for Xbox Live when they asked about paying to play.

Any game suggestions for someone getting back into the original xbox this late in the game? Definitely like games with bots (Counter-Strike is a perfect example) or games with huge worlds to explore to meet and interact (and hopefully join up) with NPC's.

After all this time of playing the ps2 and now going to xbox, I have to wonder.. what the hell was I thinking? The graphics alone won me over, but the controller is simply the best one out there (for a console anyway) when it comes to first person shooters.

1. mod it
2. if you haven't played it on your pc, try out morrowind
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 05:25:28 AM »

I'm planning on joining Xbox Live and as far as I know, modded Xboxes can't play online..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 06:00:19 AM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
I'm planning on joining Xbox Live and as far as I know, modded Xboxes can't play online..

that was initially true, but it didn't take long to develop a mod that can be switched on/off anytime you want to play online.  flip off the mod-chip, jump online, and the service doesn't have any idea what you're doing Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 06:07:30 AM »

So could you turn the switch on, load a backup, turn the switch off and play the backup on live?

adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 04:36:47 PM »

I would not take a modded Xbox online, even with a switch. Information (serial number and HDD size, for example) can be transmitted online, and if the Xbox has ever been online before, can be compared to the original. Your Live account will be banned. Also, you must play the original disk on Live, no backups.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 05:36:25 PM »

Crimson Skies: High Road to revenge can be had for 5 bucks used at Gamestop. If you have any interest in cinematic arcadish flying games, this is a must-have, and a no-brainer for 5 bucks.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: