http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 04:42:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye Everyone!  (Read 1113 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2005, 12:14:01 PM »

I'm off to get in line for a PS3.

All kidding aside: I will be preordering 3 and selling them on Ebay.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 02:39:07 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"

No shit.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 03:53:55 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"

It will probably be some time before you can pre-order one.  After the 360 shortages issues I suspect most reservation places are going to be extremely conservative on the PS3.

Also, you will have to pre-order from 3 completely different retailers, not just 3 locations.  They are really cracking down on the Ebay/resellers market now days.  Most retailers will track nationwide now to look for duplicate reservations and make you drop back to one unless you have a really, really good reason.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 05:26:02 PM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
Also, you will have to pre-order from 3 completely different retailers, not just 3 locations.  They are really cracking down on the Ebay/resellers market now days.  Most retailers will track nationwide now to look for duplicate reservations and make you drop back to one unless you have a really, really good reason.

I read one eBay auction where they stated that this is one of *17* consoles they have to sell. Apparently whatever the retailers are doing isn't enough.

Now I can understand why people are making fake names and driving the price sky high.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 07:11:43 PM »

It seems that genuine Xbox 360 auctions (for just the system) are selling for a good $1000+. The fake buyers are driving the prices into the thousands.

There's always hope that Sony could make enough PS3's for launch like they did with the PSP, but we'll have to see.
I'm definitely pre-ordering at least one PS3 this time around. If I knew the xbox 360 was going to make a $600+ profit per console on Ebay during launch I would have preordered a couple of them. Get a brand new computer or something with that kind of money.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 08:49:06 PM »

I was told this story by a co worker today. I don't know how true it is.

Customer: I want to pre-order a PS3

EB clerk: We aren't taking preorders for the ps3 yet.

Customer: So, how many months in advance would I have to preorder a 360 inorder to have gotten one this week?

The ebclerk got out a peice of paper of paper and pen and took down is information to order a ps3

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 09:37:47 PM »

Quote from: "Rob_Merritt"
Customer: So, how many months in advance would I have to preorder a 360 inorder to have gotten one this week?

The ebclerk got out a peice of paper of paper and pen and took down is information to order a ps3

And at my store, that answer was just shy of 6. biggrin

Yeah, I'll be preordering the PS3 on day one if I intend to buy one. To do otherwise after the fuck up of the 360 launch would be crazy.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: