http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 12:20:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Racing Game  (Read 897 times)
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2005, 04:09:10 PM »

Hi there.

I used to be a regular on the old Gone Gold forums and I've been a lurker here for a few weeks.

I've got the urge to play a good racing game along the lines of ReVolt which I'm sure some of you remeber as a remote controlled racing game.

Can anyone suggest a recent equivilent to ReVolt that is good mindless fun?

Thanks!

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:47:07 PM »

TrackMania Sunrise?  Don't know how it stacks up as far as racing, but it looks arcade-y enough.  I'd love to try it but don't feel like ordering it since I can never just get one thing at a time biggrin

There were a couple racing games I used to have that I absolutely loved.  I don't recall the name, but it had cars that could drive on the ceiling or even upside-down if your car flipped.  The tracks were pretty wild.  It did have a sequel, so maybe that can cut the options down.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 10:18:45 PM »

Thanks for the response.

I've seen TrackMaina and I was going to pick it up.  It has the look of what I am looking for.

This other game sounds intriguing.  I'll see if I can google it and see what comes up.

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 12:10:37 AM »

I remember now!  It was Rollcage (and the sequel, Rollcage: Stage II) by Psygnosis.  They came out for the PC and PS1.

Man, Psygnosis was a GREAT developer.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 12:19:22 AM »

Ah, cool!  Thanks for the info.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 02:57:21 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I remember now!  It was Rollcage (and the sequel, Rollcage: Stage II) by Psygnosis.  They came out for the PC and PS1.

Man, Psygnosis was a GREAT developer.

Yup. Rollcage II was released in the states as "Death Track Racing".
It is worth noting that Psygnosis was not the developer, ATD was (Psygnosis might have been the publisher).

ATD later did LEGO Drome Racers, which is very much a spiritual sequel to the Rollcage series, though I miss some of the neat play modes (esp from RII).

I'll also add a hearty thumbs up for Trackmania (only played demo for Sunrise, but looks great). Great choice, unless you're one of those folks who gets all wigged out about Starforce.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 04:19:05 AM »

Great information - I'll check them all out.

Thanks!

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 04:24:27 AM »

you might want to check out FlatOut Racing...pretty good racer with some great damage effects and fun mini-games.  there's a PC demo available that lets you run on a couple different tracks to get a feel for the game, and it's available on PC, xbox, and PS2 Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: