http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 06:03:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God of War advice [MUCHO SPOILERS]  (Read 1041 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:24:17 PM »

I'm playing God of War for the first time.  Last night I finished the trial of Atlas and am at the start of the trial of Poseidon.  I was kind of curious how far through the game I was so I pulled up GameFAQs and was reading some of the walkthrough up to the point I had reached.  I found out that in trial of Atlas I missed a key that can be used later for some really nice health and magic boosts.

Having read about the key I felt like I would be cheating if I went back and got it, but I am wondering if I am going to be at a major disadvantage in the endgame if I don't have those powerups?  I have already increased both my magic and health two times each by finding gorgon's eyes and feathers, so I think I am doing fairly well finding hidden chests.  Oh, I am playing on "Normal".

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 06:32:30 PM »

You should be alright.  There are more than enougheyes/feathers to max out your health/magic by the end of the game.  Also, you will come close to maxing out your spells also.  Just don't put orbs into the not-so-important ones, like the gorgon head.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 06:36:46 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on April 17, 2007, 06:32:30 PM

Just don't put orbs into the not-so-important ones, like the gorgon head.

Ooh, good, I thought right then.  That "insta-freeze" in the powerup sounded tempting, but the thought of having to stop and stand still in the middle of battle while trying to aim the thing didn't seem too attractive.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 06:50:42 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 17, 2007, 06:36:46 PM

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on April 17, 2007, 06:32:30 PM

Just don't put orbs into the not-so-important ones, like the gorgon head.

Ooh, good, I thought right then.  That "insta-freeze" in the powerup sounded tempting, but the thought of having to stop and stand still in the middle of battle while trying to aim the thing didn't seem too attractive.

Exactly why it's both tempting and not at the same time. Focus on the Blades of Chaos and then the big purple blade and the Army of Hades spell, which I think you get a little later in the game. After those three are maxed do whatever you want.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 06:50:57 PM »

Yeah. I missed that key thing too the first time I played through it. The only difference it makes is that you get full life and mana earlier. No biggie.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 06:51:06 PM »

Yeah, I found chaos blades most important (obvious) followed probably by Posiedon power.  The ranged one came in useful once in a while.  Don't remember the rest.  I never used the otehr weapon.  Army of Hades is grea, but you don't get it until near the end.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »

Sounds like I'm on the right track.  I'm surprised you didn't use the Artemis blade, though.  You can really mow down enemies with the spin attack.  It's not as flashy as the blades of chaos, but it really does the trick, especially in close quarters.  It made the part where you pick up the shield of hades and the wall starts closing in very easy.

javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 07:34:58 PM »

Crap, what key?

Hell with it.  disgust

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 07:45:57 PM »

Based on what you guys are all talking about (and how I'm at the end boss), I apparently missed a spell as well as an alternate weapon. How the heck did that happen?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 08:01:26 PM »

I don't think it's possible to miss the Artemis blade.  You talk to Artemis right before starting the trial of Atlas and she gives it to you, and I think a cutscene is triggered by you walking towards the doorway.  You wield it by clicking L1 and R1, and do the same to put it away.

javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 08:08:20 PM »

I'm not a big fan of the Artemis Blade; while it does good damage it is much slower and leaves me open to counter attacks. It took me a good while to get the hang of pressing the analog stick-tops in the heat of battle so I did a lot of the game without ever using it.

\|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 08:16:46 PM »

Quote from: javahead on April 17, 2007, 08:08:20 PM

I'm not a big fan of the Artemis Blade; while it does good damage it is much slower and leaves me open to counter attacks. It took me a good while to get the hang of pressing the analog stick-tops in the heat of battle so I did a lot of the game without ever using it.

Press the analog stick tops? Isn't that rage of the gods?

javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »

Sorry, did I mix up my specials?

\|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 08:37:49 PM »

Artemis blade is a weapon that you can switch to instead of the Blades of Chaos.  It is slower, but is more powerful, so that part of what you said made sense.  Clicking on the analog sticks is what threw me - that is what you do when your meter gets filled up and you can use rage of the gods.  It makes you all covered in lightening and makes you more  powerful for 60 seconds or so. 

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 08:42:01 PM »

You can't miss any spells or weapons - they're all part of the storyline.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 11:39:36 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 17, 2007, 08:01:26 PM

I don't think it's possible to miss the Artemis blade.  You talk to Artemis right before starting the trial of Atlas and she gives it to you, and I think a cutscene is triggered by you walking towards the doorway.  You wield it by clicking L1 and R1, and do the same to put it away.

And I figured it all out - you guys are talking about God of War 1, and not GoW2. Clarify next time! biggrin
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:44:32 PM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 01:00:16 AM »

My first playthrough I pretty much used the blade of artemis almost exclusively once I got it.

2nd time through I ignored it. And now I can't seem to get past the final boss.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: