http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 03:56:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God of War  (Read 1093 times)
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2004, 01:54:42 AM »

I just read the giant preview piece in one of the free mags I get (either Game Informer or GMR).  I must say, this game looks very nice.  We have some info and some screens here.

This graphics look top-notch, especially for the PS2.  I hope the control lives up to the rest of the game, because if it does I am going to be all over this one.

The story, from what I read, revolves around a Spartan soldier that embarks on a quest to kill the god of war (Ares?) by finding and opening Pandora's Box.  The reason behind his quest are not known to the player as they begin, with the background gradually falling into place through flashbacks and the like.

There are a lot of neat things featured in the preview I read that I can't wait to try.  The action, as it is described, remind me of Prince of Persia (without the time element, obviously).

Shouldn't be out for a good long time, but it is certainly on my radar, which is something few games can boast at the moment.

Just thought I would see if anybody else had heard anything about this title.  Sounds like it could be a good one.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 04:28:57 PM »

CliffyB from Epic in the latest EGM talks about that he would love to be stranded on an island with God of War.  He thinks it's hot and it isn't even out yet.

This game should be out early in 2005, so it's not THAT long of a wait.  I think it looks excellent and it may become a franchise like Jak/Daxter and Ratchet/Clank have.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 05:05:28 PM »

Darn Sony and their exclusives.  :?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 05:51:22 PM »

I just saw a short demo of God of War action on Screen Savers on G4TechTV - he only had a 25 minute demo to base his review on, but he gave it a thumbs up.   i caught it halfway through his review, saw his character kill a dragon - and what a dragon!   he said the only thing left for him to wonder is whether there'd be enough variety -since he had only 25 min to work with - but everything else was great.   he mentioned March as a release date (maybe this is "old news"), this happened to be the first i'd heard of the game.

anybody know more?

thanks,

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 06:04:36 PM »

The game is currently set to ship on March 22nd and ever since the early preview on Gamespot mid-last year this game has looked HOT!

Xbox Live: AgtFox
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 07:02:13 PM »

thanks a lot AGT,

i'll be looking for it - i can't believe it wasn't already on my radar - it looks like "my kind of game", plus i get three game mags and i watch G4TTV all the time... go figure!  or maybe it was and i just forgot (see Sig!)...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 08:17:13 AM »

The videos at IGN, especially of the fights on the ship and against the hydra look amazing.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 09:04:52 AM »

I try not to listen to the hype for new games anymore before they are out.  SO MANY games are hyped up to be the next best thing to sliced bread.

Your best bet is to take EVERYTHING a review says, Assume its written by someone paid to make it sound good and then forget what he says about how innovative or how original it is.  If they say the storyline is amazing, odds are its passable, maybe good.  

Its easier for me to come here and read up, or play demo's.  It's also easier to wait a wqeek or two for it to come out and see the impressions other people have of the game, but remeber to take a grain of salt with them unless the guy is known to be objective, or his reviews are spot on.

I think I learned this lesson best when I bought Tiberian Sun so many years back the day it came out.  Since then, I rarely buy games on opening day (Exceptions, FFX, WoW, GTA: VC and SA and I was fairly close on NFL/NHL 2k5)....

Usually, unless its a horrible month or I have a surplus of loot, I will just wait for the first price drop or two and maybe even then grab a used one.  I think 25 bucks for a game is livable,.. 50 for something I play for 8-20 hours tops is horrible imho.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: