http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 03:39:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gladius Question- Updated! Please Look!  (Read 1135 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2004, 08:27:19 PM »

What a  Great game! Keeping Halo2 and Fable on the shelf.

Can you return to previous lands once you've won the regional tournament?
For example i beat Norgath (spelling) and would like to return to clean up some of the unwon leagues. Can I do this?

Thanks.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 08:38:17 PM »

It's been a while, but I'm 90% sure you can do that.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 10:47:05 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
What a  Great game! Keeping Halo2 and Fable on the shelf.

Can you return to previous lands once you've won the regional tournament?
For example i beat Norgath (spelling) and would like to return to clean up some of the unwon leagues. Can I do this?

Thanks.

You can go back but by the time you can, the experience from the early leagues isn't worth doing. Nor will the fights be challenging at all.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 02:36:40 AM »

You can't go back until you've beaten all 4 of the regions' regional tournaments.  There are even some tournaments you can't do on your first visit, because they require the higher-level certifications.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 02:37:10 AM »

There are a few new tournaments/quests that open in previous regions only after you are done with the 'plot' stuff in the first four regions but have yet to go on to the high tournament.  Check GameFAQs.

I loved this game too.

olaf
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 02:51:57 PM »

So how do you do go from region to region?

There's a gate between imperia and nordagh that is visible enough, but when I walk up to it I am unable to pass it.
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 08:04:14 PM »

Initially you can only access 'new' regions at certain plot points, basically when you beat certain tourneys/quests...I forget the exact criteria.  And I dont think you can backtrack to any previous regions until you have unlocked/beaten the four main regions.  And once you enter the High Tournament, you cant backtrack anywhere.

olaf
hentzau
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 06:25:54 AM »

It's been a while, but I seem to remember having to take a boat from region to region after we beat all four regionals.

And yeah, don't go for the main tournament until you are done exploring.  No returning from that.
Draco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 11:20:56 PM »

Quote from: "vagabond"
You can go back but by the time you can, the experience from the early leagues isn't worth doing. Nor will the fights be challenging at all.

That's not correct.  The enemies will ALWAYS scale to your party's current level. So a fight from the very first town you encountered will have high-level enemies if you revisit it at the end of the game with party members at level 20.

You can only advance to the next region after you've won all the necessary badges and tournaments for that region, and then won the championship match for that region.  Then you are allowed to advance, but you don't have to go right away if you still have other quests to do.

I highly recommend picking up the official Strategy Guide for this game, if for thing else than the excellent summary of all the available gladiator classes in the game. I was constantly referencing it for various skills and abilities.

Great game, I put in 106 hours to beat it over a 4 month period.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: