http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 12:38:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gizmondo RULES!!!!!  (Read 1310 times)
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2005, 03:50:47 PM »

Reading through the fun 'discussion' about why the Revolution is a piece of shit or will rule the day got me to start a thread about the gizmondo, cuz as we all know by now no matter what you post on an internet forum, however insightful or cogent it might be, in the end it'll just descend into lunacy....biggrin

I personally haven't seen or played a gizmondo, the only thing I've really heard about it has been through the rumour mill from this "internet" thing, and I think it's going to become the next thing in portable gaming, beating out the psp and the ds....and even those 'next-gen' systems like the 360, ps3 and rev....

Doing a quick search on the company website, www.gizmondo.com, not only can you play games, there's also a camera, allows you to play music (you can also download music), watch movies, message other people, play wirelessly with other people.  not even the psp or the ds can tout these many functions!!!!!

and honestly male ds owners, do you want to really be seen out in public playing your nintendogs on your ds, and be caught petting your 'virtual' dog?  I've got news for ya, chicks dig 'real' dogs.  And when will they come out with 'adults only' ds games, come on, think of the possibilities with the touchscreen.

and psp owners, do you take your $300 (I'm just making the price up, can't remember how much it is) psp outside and feel safe that you won't get mugged and then the thief kicks your ass because of the shitty games out for it?

if you've answered yes two both questions, and are in line for the 20th shipment of the 360 due out in summer 2006 that you've preordered day 1 after they announced the 360, and are waiting for the next piece of awesomeness/suckiness news to come out for the rev, or waiting to find out how sony will next screw the consumers over by implementing some ass-backwards copy protection system, then why not pick up an obscure system that no one has heard about or seen!!!!  

don't conform to the masses, be different, pick up the gizmondo!!!!!!!!

that is all.....
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED
Gaming Trend Senior Member

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 04:16:06 PM »

So how much are they paying you?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 04:19:29 PM »

Wasn't Nokia doing something at one point where people were trained to annoy the hell out of other people on the street about why they should go buy themselves an nGage?  Maybe this is like the internet version of that?

-Autistic Angel
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 04:41:22 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
Wasn't Nokia doing something at one point where people were trained to annoy the hell out of other people on the street about why they should go buy themselves an nGage?  Maybe this is like the internet version of that?

-Autistic Angel
It's called viral marketing.  Except I don't think lex is actually a viral, unless he's cross-posted this on all the other usual suspects.

On topic -- Gizmondo sucks, any gamer will a brain will tell you that.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 05:10:45 PM »

If Gizmodo can release 15-20 mainstream games in a year, I'll look into it.
ingrin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 05:14:59 PM »

Anyone else following this one?  
http://www.gp2x.co.uk/

Its more of an oldschool device based on Linux that is best for 2d gaming, but it also has some nice multimedia features.
Also, tons of free games with emulators and ports and whatnot...
at $189 US its not  bad price.
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 05:22:19 PM »

ummm...yeah....whoa.....ok....this was kinda meant to have been a sarcastic thing....(i guess reading it again i can see how some might see this as a viral promotional campaign - paranoid crowd i guess)...:oops:

i thought something new besides the usually 360/ps3/rev love/bashfest....

it'd be nice if I got a cheque from tiger or whomever if they thought I was being serious though...biggrin
warning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 06:11:32 PM »

Quote from: "lex"
ummm...yeah....whoa.....ok....this was kinda meant to have been a sarcastic thing....

For what it's worth lex I thought it was funny and knew where you were going.  Of course that's because I wear the Golden Moderator Hat of Telepathy +2.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 06:29:18 PM »

Oh, I never mistook it for a serious advertisment.  That would have been hard to do with a line like, "...why not pick up an obscure system that no one has heard about or seen!!!!"

The overly enthusiastic pitch about the features of a poorly marketed system just reminded me of those Nokia "special forces" people (or whatever they were called).

-Autistic Angel
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 08:05:04 PM »

Gizmondo sounds like the name of a WWF wrestler.
Before they even launched in the U.S., they were talking about a new widescreen model (to compete with the PSP) coming out next year. Why didn't they just release the widescreen model in the first place? With these announcements of a new gizmondo right around the corner, with me at least, it makes you reconsider buying the first one.

Gizmondo is going to go the same way that tapware zodiac thing went. They closed their doors when most people didn't even know they were open in the first place.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 10:16:33 PM »

so feigning interest in the gizmondo has got me somewhat interested in it....so has anyone actually seen the thing at a store?  I don't recall ever seeing a gizmondo section at the eb, or bestbuy, or walmart...etc.

anyone know of a friend of a friend of a friend who has actually seen the thing in person?

I think at least it's got to be one up or somewhat on par with the n-gage, and there's a section for it at eb....

gizmondo sounds like the name of some second rate monster in a godzilla type movie...
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 01:02:04 AM »

Always remember, sarcasm really doesn't work on the net in text form, you have to do it either really obviously, or make sure that people know you well.  Tongue
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 01:20:12 PM »

Quote from: "ingrin"
Anyone else following this one?  
http://www.gp2x.co.uk/

Its more of an oldschool device based on Linux that is best for 2d gaming, but it also has some nice multimedia features.
Also, tons of free games with emulators and ports and whatnot...
at $189 US its not  bad price.

Actually, I've been debating on picking up this little gem just for the emulators and whatnot. Especially for the emulators - they've sorta stagnated on the PSP. That, and I might actually find a game worth buying and be forced to upgrade past my version 1.5 console. biggrin

Anybody out there own one/know a friend who owns one?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
ingrin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 06:03:47 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Actually, I've been debating on picking up this little gem just for the emulators and whatnot. Especially for the emulators - they've sorta stagnated on the PSP. That, and I might actually find a game worth buying and be forced to upgrade past my version 1.5 console. biggrin
Anybody out there own one/know a friend who owns one?

Alas, no.  However, some of the bigger GP32/GP2X forums have reported a variety of issues with the first release.  Many of the issues can be fixed with a  firmware upgrade (Battery life/screen flicker).  Some can be fixed if you are willing to void your warranty (earphone jack is flimsy but can be soldered if you know what you are doing.  extra padding can be removed from behind the screen to fix a graphical glitch when using the Joystick, Thumbstick requires a bit of alteration and is a bit slippery).  Still, I think they are going to fix alot of these issues in the Q106 batch.   I think mostly they were trying to get out playable units to would-be developers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: