http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 09:34:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Impressions Thread  (Read 5260 times)
DamageInc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2006, 05:23:13 PM »

Sometimes your ghost unit AI guys will get stuck in a shack or behind a wall.

That is really annoying.

Even if you go straight to them and tell them to form up on you they stay stuck.

Then there's the unexplainable disconnects when you have more than 4 to 5 players playing co-op.

Other than that, this game rocks!

The multi-player is extremely challenging and fun.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2006, 05:57:38 PM »

Some random thoughts:

I really miss the voice command controls that the single player GR2 had.  I wonder why they took it out....

The night vision they give you really doesn't seem like NV.  It seems more like thermal imaging than NV-  maybe you get some better vision options later since the vision button has the menu options like the weapons button.

Is there a way to quickly get out of zoom without having to cycle through all the settings.  Granted there are only a couple but I've gotten hit a couple of times doing so.

I had issues with the rocket launcher hitting the railing during the training part and found you really can't use cover while using it.

I wish there was a better way to command your group and whatever asset you are assigned.  During the power generator mission I'd inadvertantly sent my squad towards it without realizing it.  Wondering why nothing had happened, I commanded the helo to attack again and switched to the NV/Thermal mode to watch the assualt.  In horror I saw three blobs moving towards the generator just as the helo let loose, and my squad was wiped out....

Weapon lockers-  is there anyway to get your unit to use those too?

Multiplayer:  I checked and my router is on the supported list, so I upgraded the firmware and put the 360 in the DMZ like hepcat suggested.  The odd thing is that my cable modem will only recognize the 360/PC when the router is plugged in-  if I try and connect either directly it won't work.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2006, 06:01:38 PM »

I'm pretty sure they explicitly refer to the vision mode as thermal several times rather than NV.

If you have less than a full mag, pretty sure reloading gets you out of scoped mode, and still lets you move around freely.

I think once you pick which squadmates you want, you don't have to worry about their ammo situation.  I've never seen them run out.  Although it would be nice to know a little more about which gun each member carries...

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2006, 07:03:38 PM »

The nightvision is supposed to be the new US nightvision that combines both thermal and light amplication into one very clear picture.  This is nothing of the sort.

While I can understand how they wanted to balance it out for gameplay, I'm not sure this was the best way.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2006, 10:55:46 PM »

Quote from: "Clanwolfer"
I think once you pick which squadmates you want, you don't have to worry about their ammo situation.  I've never seen them run out.  Although it would be nice to know a little more about which gun each member carries...

Rifleman: Machine gun thingy.
Grenadier: Machine gun thingy and some sort of bazooka.
Assault Person: Heavy machine gun thingy.
Sniper: Sniper rifle thingy.

What more is there to know? biggrin

And yeah, I've never had one of my teammates run out of ammo. They'll spout off when they're reloading, but other than that, they have unlimited ammo.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2006, 12:46:04 AM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
I know I go to bed early, but there are still some usual suspects I haven't seen yet.  Devil, Badgun, ThinJ, Starshifter, disarm, denoginizer, etc...  Can't wait to see you guys join in.

I haven't picked it up yet Hoagiehead.  I will be getting it this week coming up.  My kids are with me this weekend so I won't be GRAW'ing yet.  Next week and next weekend I'M IN!!!! biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2006, 12:58:15 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"

Multiplayer:  I checked and my router is on the supported list, so I upgraded the firmware and put the 360 in the DMZ like hepcat suggested.  The odd thing is that my cable modem will only recognize the 360/PC when the router is plugged in-  if I try and connect either directly it won't work.

your cable modem probably needs to be restarted whenever you change the configuration.  try restarting your cable modem when you're directly connected with the coax unplugged, wait for it to power up and then plug in the coaxial.  do an /ipconfig /renew from a dos prompt on the PC, or restart you 360 (whichever you're trying to direct connect with) when finished with that.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2006, 04:26:17 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"

Rifleman: Machine gun thingy.
Grenadier: Machine gun thingy and some sort of bazooka.
Assault Person: Heavy machine gun thingy.
Sniper: Sniper rifle thingy.

What more is there to know? biggrin

And yeah, I've never had one of my teammates run out of ammo. They'll spout off when they're reloading, but other than that, they have unlimited ammo.

I meant more the individual models.  There are about 2-3 of each one... for example, when I switched the grenadier team members out, I got a guy with the rocket launcher, where before I think he had a rifle with the underslung 40mm (could be wrong).  I'd love to know exactly which model each team member carries.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2006, 04:57:43 AM »

Yet another small detail they missed.  The game almost achieves greatness, but all these little things just bring it down.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2006, 05:11:38 AM »

Finished it today.  With the exception of one level-killing bug where I had to restart the mission to trigger an event, I loved the whole ride (stats page showed 8.5 hours total).  The credits, especially when 'All Along the Watchtower' starts blaring for that last helo ride over Mexico City, are worth a watch, and I envy those of you who get to see it in HD.

Best game ever?  Not by a long shot.  Best 360 game so far?  Definitely, and I hold by my statement that if this and Oblivion aren't #1 and #2 for GOTY, it means a lot of developers will have shown a lot of love to us gamers.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2006, 05:26:37 AM »

I meant more the individual models.  There are about 2-3 of each one... for example, when I switched the grenadier team members out, I got a guy with the rocket launcher, where before I think he had a rifle with the underslung 40mm (could be wrong).  I'd love to know exactly which model each team member carries.

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. But other than my extremely crude descriptions, there's no way (that I know of) from the team select screen to find out what everybody will have when you take them into battle.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2006, 11:37:34 AM »

Finished it today.  With the exception of one level-killing bug where I had to restart the mission to trigger an event, I loved the whole ride (stats page showed 8.5 hours total).  The credits, especially when 'All Along the Watchtower' starts blaring for that last helo ride over Mexico City, are worth a watch, and I envy those of you who get to see it in HD.

How many levels were there?
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2006, 04:04:13 PM »

I know there's problems with a squal-based shooter when I finish a solo mission and cringe when I realize that I get my team back for the next mission. I had to complete Mission 4 with only 2 team members because one got stuck on a corner of a building and I couldn't order him off it. I've also lost track of the number of times I've reloaded just because the squad members went off and did something stupid. It's really frustrating simply because everything else in the game is so well done.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »

I'm enjoying the SP more now that I've followed the recommendation to use my 3 AI buddies as fodder.  They made nice rooftop sniper targets while I ran through smoke cover to escape with a very important person.  I felt a small twinge of regret as I left all 3 of them behind to hop in the back of a Bradley and speed away.  As if to punctuate leaving them behind, on the very next mission I ran back into the old zone and their bodies were still there.  If I had the ability to emote I would've stolen the line from FMJ and paid proper tribute for their sacrifice, "Better you than me."

The solo missions have been fun (and tense without my fodder buddies).  I still have an A+ rating for command and brotherhood for the campaign, so I guess sending my AI crew to their doom is perfectly acceptable.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2006, 04:24:39 PM »

I guess I'm lucky, I've only had a couple instances where I'd have to finagle my squad out of a sticky situation. I'd just order the squad against a far wall, then position myself where the stuck soldier had a clear line to me, then order a regroup, and they'd fall right back in line.

They aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but they do make a decent base of fire.  Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: