http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 03:14:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghost Recon 2vs Call of Duty: FH  (Read 1254 times)
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2004, 05:07:48 AM »

Which one should I get for my XBox?
which will be better for live?
Which one wiil u be on?

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 05:22:25 AM »

I'll be on Ghost Recon 2. It looks to be a far better console game. Notice, I said console game. The way to look at it is to compare Ghost Recon 2 to Socom. They're very similiar in their style now, which is cool with me. I like a good streamlined action game as much as anyone.

On the other hand, I already have CoD for my PC. I have no desire to play the down-sized console version. From what I've watched the graphics are pretty unimpressive, and it seems slower somehow. It just doesn't look good to me. Though if you haven't played the PC version then all of these criticisms are completely void and you probably won't notice.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 06:54:13 AM »

Speaking of Ghost Recon, how's the coop handled in this mode?  Is there four player split screen coop?

I'm okay with it being a bit more arcadey than the original, I just want some good four player coop action.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 08:13:46 PM »

Ghost Recon 2 : IN!!

CoD - maybe rental. Maybe.... nah, I still have too many other games to play.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 08:23:28 PM »

CoD-rental. You know it will be short (see pc version), and I guess there will be some level overlap-plus lots of emphasis on vehicular combat=not as fun...So, rental for me.

Ghost Recon 2-
someone tell me, please, what is the difference with this and the PC version, and why was the PC version delayed?
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 12:12:49 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Ghost Recon 2-
someone tell me, please, what is the difference with this and the PC version, and why was the PC version delayed?

Don't know of any diffrences with that version other than the Xbox was the lead platform so the PC version will be a port job. The PS2 version is the diffent one(made by a seperate group).
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 11:44:43 PM »

Whoes in for onliine play with ghost recon 2 tomarrow

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 12:37:05 PM »

You can count me as one of those "old-timers" that feel the Ghost Recon series has gone into the toilet.

[From what I can tell] - After watching all the videos on Gamespot, this game is NEARLY NOTHING like the original Ghost Recon (and it's expansions) that was released on the PC many a year ago.

Watching your soldier move in 3rd person, then switching to 1st person in order to shoot isn't bad looking.  The graphics look to be pretty terrific.  But the "feel" of the game appears to be much, much faster paced, ala SOCOM - as was mentioned above by ThinJ.

Granted, if you are 'into' this style of play, GR2 will probably rock.  But honestly, do we need another fast-paced shooter?  Other than Rainbow Six (which is mostly CQ combat), Ghost Recon had a great niche.

That's my take anyway.

LD  :wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 04:22:15 PM »

I swear by Ghost Recon for tactical shooters....
Well, until Joint Operations came out for PC - thats like battlefield + ghost recon.

Nevertheless, GR2 looks wicked hot, and while the increased speed bothers me some - I was looking at the weapon set and they are using a LOT of M8 rifles - my personal favorite.
I can't wait to light up some targets... Although it's usually me getting lit up:> I always forget tactical shooters require more position/patience ala chess than straight DM games:>
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 04:39:37 PM »

You don't have to switch to First person to fire your weapon though, do you?  

I played it at E3 and that certainly wasn't the case.

I'm looking forward to playing through it coop with my friend.  Afer we finish Halo 2 and Men of Valor though.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: