http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 10:03:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghost Recon 2 for PC cancelled!  (Read 1028 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2005, 03:38:27 AM »

Straight from our front page: Link

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I played the original GR plus its two expansions and loved them.  That was before DSL so I didn't get into multiplayer at all but I absolutely LOVED the single-player.

But I haven't exactly heard raves about Ghost Recon 2 and from what I read the PC port wasn't going to offer any advantages over the console versions. Oh well.....
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 03:41:22 AM »

I still think this would have been SO much better on PC. Shame really, the first was such a classic.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 03:28:33 PM »

I have the xbox version but I can't be bothered to play it.  I hope they don't mess up the Rainbow series in a similar fashion.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 04:58:35 PM »

I finally gave in and got this for the xbox... what it really did was make me re-install and replay the original on PC.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 07:44:19 PM »

Quote from: "skystride"
I have the xbox version but I can't be bothered to play it.  I hope they don't mess up the Rainbow series in a similar fashion.

They already did ruin Rainbow Six. Go look at the trailers for Rainbow Six: Lockdown.

GR2 on the Xbox is still good old Ghost Recon. The only thing it's missing is the map and two fireteams. Yes, to a lot of people those are extremely important things. Sorry. For the rest of us, it took a game that was a lot of fun but also extremely frustrating and made it far easier to get into, and removed 90% of the frustration.

I've been playing GR2 on Xbox Live with a good group every monday and it's been a blast running through missions in co-op.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Qbert
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 07:52:34 PM »

I'm enjoying GR2 on the box also, both single and mp.

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 11:25:18 PM »

ARGH!!!  And I was waiting on this one....I can't believe this.  "Just wait for GR3 this fall!"  *glare*  You think I am just going to jump out and get GR3 after you dropped 2 on its butt like this?

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 05:43:30 PM »

But Ghost Recon 3 on PC will hit shelves the fourth quarter of 2005, so the wait won’t be long

Dude, the wait was already long!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: