http://gamingtrend.com
November 25, 2014, 01:02:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GHIII Demo may have sold me....  (Read 622 times)
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:00:31 PM »

So now I need you GH junkies help me find the right set up for my journey into this unfamiliar realm. I never, ever, ever ever ever looked twice at this game because I don't play any musical instruments and I don't listen to Rock Music. plus the few videos I saw with people playing and the keys flying in at you just looked ridiculously impossible. That all changed last night when I played the demo (with the control pad) and found the game to be....ummm somewhat welcoming with the various levels to choose from, I obviously started on easy which I masted with in two songs. So I moved up to the next level with normal speed and I was in my comfort zone. The few demo songs  had me rocking and really into it, except the one by Tenacious D. what the hell is going on there? Seems like I need to take baby steps during my Rock N Roll induction. It is a very addicting game, I started at 10pm and continued till 2am with the stereo at high blast. I can only imagine who much better it will be with the guitar.  headbang 

Any how, how should I go about this? Should I get GH 2 bundle and then get the GH 3 game. or get the GH 3 Bundle and the GH 2 game. or just get both bundles see as how I do want 2 guitars but figured I should get the newer guitars. What is the best way to go about this? Is it even worth getting GH2 at this point? Can I play my own CD's\MP3?
Please Rock Band just is not an option..I simply don't have the space for it.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:03:37 PM by JuniorDan » Logged

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:06:31 PM »

Personally I really like the wireless Les Paul, so I'd go with the GH3 bundle. Not sure when the stand-alone Les Pauls will be out, but definitely get another as a 2nd guitar too. GH2 is worth playing if not for the sake of completeness. I really only liked about half of the songs on it.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »

I think the song selection is far superior in GHII, but if you've never played before, GHIII is a fine place to start.

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 10:04:05 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 09, 2007, 09:19:00 PM

I think the song selection is far superior in GHII, but if you've never played before, GHIII is a fine place to start.

I think the GHIII song list is far superior. YMMV.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 10:23:47 PM »

Quote from: Koz on November 09, 2007, 10:04:05 PM

Quote from: Gratch on November 09, 2007, 09:19:00 PM

I think the GHIII song list is far superior. YMMV.

I should probably clarify.  The song selection is probably a bit better in GHIII.  There are more master tracks and less bad covers.  However, I think the majority of the songs in GHII are much, much more fun to play.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 11:19:39 PM »

I'll say that I like the set list in 3 much more than 2 as well.  I played 3 first though, so that might have something to do with it.  I like just about every song in 3.  There's a bunch in 2 that I had never even heard of.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 05:12:32 AM »

I found that GH2 had songs that you didn't look at the titles and say, "That's awesome!", but after you've spent some time with them, you wind up having a ton of fun playing them, and like them a lot.

GH3 has a bunch of songs that you look at and say "That's awesome!", but then you play them, and they're just not that interesting.

I feel like Neversoft went for the big name titles, regardless of whether they were fun to play or not, while Harmonix goes with songs that are fun to play, whether or not they're the band's best known songs or not.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: