http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 12:31:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting them hooked young  (Read 1267 times)
DarkEL
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2004, 01:44:07 AM »

All right -  I just need to tell someone.

My master plan at corrupting my daughter has just been able to truly start now that she just turned three. My goal is to turn her into my ultimate buddy that I can play games with, take to see all the cool movies, and basically just be a cool gamer girl.

So for her birthday - I gave her a console system of her own http://www.vtechkids.com/?qs=vsmile&flash=true

I cannot begin to express the joy I had seeing her figure out how to move the care bears up and down ladders and slides and not just go left and right across the zone. (one day soon she'll figure out how to jump on the moving platforms too).

Next year she get's her first computer. (I'm still trying to sell the wife on letting it be a linux box)
DPW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 01:56:01 AM »

And then in 15 years when she starts dating ( :wink: ) her boyfriend will surely be a gamer too!

Two for the price of one. Can't beat that. thumbsup
tripwire
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 02:01:07 AM »

My 6 month old stops whatever she is doing once she spots me gaming on the big screen. I have to give her the original monster X-Box controller to keep her from getting to my other controllers(PS-2 and X-Box). If you ever thought that original controller was big in your hands, you should see what it looks like in the hands of a baby!  :shock:
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 02:01:52 AM »

I think you mean in 30 years.

I'm an ex-marine and any dirty little boys that peek their heads around my house are going to be in for a very unpleasant suprise.

To quote Bill Engvall - I'm gonna look that boy straight in the eyes, point to my daughter and tell him

"You see that girl - that's my pride and joy, that's my life, that's my reason for living. So if you even think of kissing, or hugging or even touching her. You remember these words --

I got not problem going back to prison.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 02:15:13 AM »

Say hello to my 1.5 yr old, Oriana Skye:

She also kicked my son's ass at Godzilla:Destroy all monsters melee on the GC the other week, and I mean just decimated him. :shock:

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 03:25:54 AM »

Quote from: "th'FOOL"
She also kicked my son's ass at Godzilla:Destroy all monsters melee on the GC the other week, and I mean just decimated him. :shock:

Hmmm...maybe she should be the one on the front of the invitation and not him...heh slywink

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 04:22:08 AM »

My goal is to turn her into my ultimate buddy that I can play games with, take to see all the cool movies, and basically just be a cool gamer girl.

Oh, it's like a support group.  I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

As long as she plays more than my wife, I'll be happy.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 05:11:05 AM »

My two year old holds records on 3 different Burnout 3 crash tracks.  And despite playing the crap out of them, I haven't been able to erase them frown
And all he did was more or less drive straight...

Edit: I made sure to start him off early:

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 05:54:42 AM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
My two year old holds records on 3 different Burnout 3 crash tracks.  And despite playing the crap out of them, I haven't been able to erase them frown
And all he did was more or less drive straight...

Laff - seeing my little girl do that same thing on my copy of Burnout 3 is what go me thinking about getting her that gaming system.  
I let her and my 12 year son old play at the same time one day and she decimated him in that exact same manner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: