http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 12:41:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting a 360 this weekend.. I hope..  (Read 1132 times)
Vesper
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2006, 05:09:59 AM »

Allegedly, there's going to be a large supply of 360 systems released on Sunday.  I'm hearing 100-150 units per Best Buy as an example.  Anyone else know what's going on?  I really don't want to go through the hassle of waiting in a line or anything, but would be willing to head over there when they open at least.

Any other stores that are supposed to be getting units?
JCC
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 05:15:25 AM »

I've still never seen one in a store, but having said that according to the BB website, my local best buy has had 360s in stock for 3 straight days, so I would guess there is at least some truth to the rumors.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 05:20:36 AM »

I've heard the same rumor that there's going to be BB 360 advertisements for next week and they're waiting until Sunday.  Hopefully it's true and the shortage is finally over.   I should be getting mine tomorrow (it shipped from CompUSA a couple days ago), so I'll get to play Oblivion.  I'm so excited!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 06:22:54 AM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
I've heard the same rumor that there's going to be BB 360 advertisements for next week and they're waiting until Sunday.

I had been checking my local Best Buy via their website for weeks now.  Finally, on Wednesday, they show up in stock.  I race down there on my lunch break and ask to buy one.  The guy says they don't have any in stock.  I tell him the website says they do and he is like, "uh... well..." and then ask him flat out if they are hoarding them until Sunday.  He stutters some more and finally admits as much.

When I asked the Toys R Us guy on Monday about buying one he said they have a bunch of them in the back but I can't buy one until Sunday.

This is just rediculous.  It's not like their is a street date on these things.  The launch was in NOVEMBER 2005.  It isn't like they aren't going to sell them right away.  All this has done is piss off customers that would happily spend money right then and there.  I understand the ad thing, but it blows my mind that four months later the Xbox 360 is enjoying it's third or fourth "launch."

Just to spite them I'm just going to buy the 360 at Best Buy and then go down the street to Target and buy all the accessories and games.

Oh yeah, and I'd love to hear more about how many my Best Buy supposedly has in stock and whether I am going to have to camp out to buy the stupid thing...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 06:59:54 AM »

Is this Microsoft's way to get a second chance at a launch?

It seems like Japan's getting a relaunch too. :roll:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 07:00:34 AM »

Don't be mad at the Toys R Us goons. Once upon a time I was one of them, and there isn't anything they can do about the holds for their sunday ads. If you disobey and sell one they can fire you, plain and simple.

If you really want to get one though.. you could always complain to management. If you yell long enough and loud enough they will give in and sell you one.

If the manager does try to tell you no you can't buy one, you ask for their boss's phone number, and then move on up the ladder until you reach someone that doesn't want to deal with you and they just tell the original manager to do whatever you want.

I watched it happen all the time.

One particularly inspired example was one lady threatening to call a local News Bite called Howard Ain's troubleshooter regarding Toys R Us refusal to sell her an in-stock product. When the TV station called back to gather a little more information they just sold her what she wanted to get her to shut up.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 07:14:05 AM »

I could so do that tomorrow!  I wish I had the nerve.  I realize that these guys are just doing their job.  TRU guy wasn't an asshole about it so I'm okay.  I just wonder if TRU is a better bet than Best Buy.  Decisions decisions.

This is my crusade.  It's been a long time since I've been on a crusade and I plan them with military precision.  I need maps, supplies, and tomorrow I'm getting the Sunday paper early to grab the ads and mark my targets.  Why wasn't I this excited launch day?  It's a challenge, like the man doesn't want me to have this thing.

I'm almost sad that the chase will be over.  It's like devoting your life to tracking down bigfoot and then feeling a little bit of guilt when you shoot it in the face.  You've been vindicated but your life loses all meaning.  Bah, I'll get over it!

Raintitan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 02:10:39 PM »

I just got back from picking up a few things at Walmart and they had X360 premium systems sitting in the display case. Last weekend Target had 3-4 as well.

So it might be a combination of region/population, ect.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 04:48:25 PM »

Gamestops/EBs should have them tomorrow, if not today.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 08:01:36 PM »

I finally saw one today at a Target.  It was locked up with the Xbox games.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 08:12:35 PM »

I've got one for sale in my thread too, if one can't be found.
Vesper
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 09:47:02 AM »

I managed to find one at Walmart today..  Good luck to everyone else looking!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »

Quote from: "Vesper"
I managed to find one at Walmart today..  Good luck to everyone else looking!

everyone hoping to find one should definitely hit up their local BestBuy today...this week's ad guarantees a minimum of 30 Premium systems at every store, and a quick check of the store finder shows that they're still in stock at every BB in my area (as well as a few other zip codes i checked) Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 07:03:29 PM »

Score!

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
Score!

*where can I hide the box before he opens it...* biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 12:18:54 AM »

Score!

The cat that laid the golden Xbox 360?

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 12:24:28 AM »

Score!

I hope Jonah's not in litterbox training...

TheMissingLink on PSN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: