http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 06:24:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will Purge insert a poll?
Yes - 4 (11.4%)
Yes - 26 (74.3%)
No - 1 (2.9%)
Yes - 3 (8.6%)
Yes - 1 (2.9%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General Grand Theft Auto IV Thread .... IT'S OUT! but no impressions here!  (Read 34810 times)
Arclight
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 29, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »

On behalf of Jerry Falwell I proclaim this thread.....Verbotten! Out of Bounds! ACHTUNG!....baby...

Now the moral majority feels badly for this closure but its for the betterment of the American Way...

Grace: Unmerited favor.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 29, 2008, 02:19:32 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 29, 2008, 01:40:10 PM

My wife has been made painfully aware of GTA IV's release, she knows of my plan to leave work early, and she even got her usual gaming in last night knowing that I would be on the 360 most of tonight.  I also threatened to pop a cap in her ass just in case. 

As you know from the Chefin' it Up thread I'm the cook in the family.  Rather than let my wife feed herself with ramen, yogurt, and mac & cheese for the rest of the week while I glue myself to the TV, I've prepared provisions for the week.  Last night I made a big batch of baked pasta that will leftover well for a number of meals, and I've got a big batch of pork ribs in the slow cooker for tonight.  She's fully expecting to lose the TV for a while and is totally ok with it.  She's even insisting on finding alternate transportation tonight instead of getting a ride from me as usual so I won't have to interrupt the gaming session tonight.

Unfortunately, she also reminded me that the in-laws are coming to visit for a week starting next Monday.    crybaby  It'll be marathon GTAing through Sunday because somehow I don't think this is a mother-in-law approved family game.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 29, 2008, 02:25:10 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on April 29, 2008, 02:05:35 PM

This is the point, PeteRock, where you're supposed to say, "Well you know...the only thing better than a virtual handjob is a real one." Then arch one eyebrow suggestively as you point towards your member.

I left that part out of my story.

The response was, "Pfffft.  You gave up your ability to negotiate the moment you said, 'I do.'" 

Virtual it is, then.

Now that I've had an evening to cool off and move beyond our disagreement on semantics and the difference between criticism and censorship, I feel we can go back to participating in common conversations as online friends rather than bitter rivals (we all inevitably disagree on something).  I don't advocate censorship and see the point you were trying to make, and I'd like to just go back to discussing the game.

I concur. It was a fun diversion while waiting for the game to come out, but it's not an important enough issue to me to distract from actually playing it. And as always, I respect PeteRock as both a friend and a flaming metrosexual.

I don't think our opinions differ much at all.  I am not at all in favor of censorship, but I just found virtual hand-jobs to be a bit silly.  Regardless, now that we have made such a big deal out of it, even my wife is anxious to see what the fuss is about.  Now I think I will most likely find far more humor in the situation because of our discussion, and that humor will be magnified when we show our friends just how "detailed" the game is.   icon_twisted

"Wow, you can steal cars?"

"Just wait to see what else you can do." 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 29, 2008, 02:27:27 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 29, 2008, 02:19:32 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on April 29, 2008, 01:40:10 PM

My wife has been made painfully aware of GTA IV's release, she knows of my plan to leave work early, and she even got her usual gaming in last night knowing that I would be on the 360 most of tonight.  I also threatened to pop a cap in her ass just in case. 

As you know from the Chefin' it Up thread I'm the cook in the family.  Rather than let my wife feed herself with ramen, yogurt, and mac & cheese for the rest of the week while I glue myself to the TV, I've prepared provisions for the week.  Last night I made a big batch of baked pasta that will leftover well for a number of meals, and I've got a big batch of pork ribs in the slow cooker for tonight.  She's fully expecting to lose the TV for a while and is totally ok with it.  She's even insisting on finding alternate transportation tonight instead of getting a ride from me as usual so I won't have to interrupt the gaming session tonight.

Unfortunately, she also reminded me that the in-laws are coming to visit for a week starting next Monday.    crybaby  It'll be marathon GTAing through Sunday because somehow I don't think this is a mother-in-law approved family game.

Now that is planning ahead.  In our case I didn't at all feel like cooking last night and so we ordered a pizza, but I made sure to order one large enough to ensure leftovers for this evening.  That way I don't have to cook a damn thing tonight.  From Best Buy I'll stop at the grocery for a 12-pack of Kilt Lifter Ale, I'll head home and dewater the dogs, toss them a couple of bones to occupy them, and if all goes well I should be shitfaced drunk and knee-deep in murderous hand-jobbin' mayhem by the time my wife gets home. 

I love GTA IV day.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 29, 2008, 04:12:36 PM »

Interesting.... Gamespot put up their review (originally a 9.5), but later yanked it and changed it to a 10.   Maybe they give it an extra 0.5 when the check clears?

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: April 29, 2008, 04:13:11 PM »

Quote from: Dimmona on April 29, 2008, 04:12:36 PM

Interesting.... Gamespot put up their review (originally a 9.5), but later yanked it and changed it to a 10.   Maybe they give it an extra 0.5 when the check clears?

LOL awesome
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 29, 2008, 04:20:53 PM »

i am pretty much done with online reviews,they are good to read when you wanna know whats in the game,but when it comes to actually reading their opinion on the game...they may as well just put 'baaaa'...and R* are the shepherd

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 29, 2008, 06:08:30 PM »

Hookers must be unlocked later in the game as I haven't seen any yet (and I just finished Easy Fare).

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: