http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 02:20:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will Purge insert a poll?
Yes - 4 (11.4%)
Yes - 26 (74.3%)
No - 1 (2.9%)
Yes - 3 (8.6%)
Yes - 1 (2.9%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General Grand Theft Auto IV Thread .... IT'S OUT! but no impressions here!  (Read 34328 times)
Brendan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2008, 09:47:39 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 26, 2008, 04:19:18 PM

Quote from: Brendan on April 26, 2008, 03:23:52 PM

Quote from: mikeg on April 26, 2008, 03:05:10 PM

Might not be the same and might not be as quick maybe, but someday, demand will demand it.

It's not solely a function of demand, however, as contractual will, uh, contract it. slywink

Okay, based on that video review, I think I'll actually be at best buy at midnight.  How embarassing.

are you going to dress up like Nico?

That seems like I'd need a track suit, based on the commercials.  That'd be a no go.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 26, 2008, 10:57:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 26, 2008, 04:56:10 PM

Quote from: Eduardo X on April 26, 2008, 04:38:33 PM

I had it IN MY HAND at target, but it rang up as DO NOT SELL. So close.

did it feel like holding the hand of Zeus?
It felt like I was 30 minutes away from buyers remorse.

PSN ID: EduardoX
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 26, 2008, 11:23:18 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on April 26, 2008, 10:57:37 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 26, 2008, 04:56:10 PM

did it feel like holding the hand of Zeus?
It felt like I was 30 minutes away from buyers remorse.

ah, so it was like holding the hand of Paris Hilton.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 27, 2008, 03:41:55 AM »

maybe if the hand was slightly scarred, as if touched by the diseased hand of a zombie, or perhaps herpes.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 27, 2008, 05:34:21 AM »

You should have dropped $60 on the counter and ran.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 27, 2008, 07:51:57 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on April 27, 2008, 05:34:21 AM

You should have dropped $60 on the counter and ran.

then the headline would have been

"would be thief tries to steal gta4 days before release." as the clerk would likely have pocketed the money anyways.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
PointerOO
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 27, 2008, 08:56:50 AM »

Does anyone know if any sort of multiplayer is possible on just one console? My brother-in-law to be is coming over in a couple of weeks and we are planning on an all night GTA session so can we both sit in the same room on one console and play some sort of multiplayer? I am guessing not.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 27, 2008, 12:26:16 PM »

I believe I read that multiplayer on the same console is not possible. Sorry, Pointer.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 27, 2008, 12:30:21 PM »

You realize, Wonderpug, as did the legendary Mass Effect pre-release thread, this thread must die as well upon release.

I'm proposing that whomever gets the game first starts the official impressions thread, so that other thread can die a quick death.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 27, 2008, 01:26:28 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 27, 2008, 12:30:21 PM

You realize, Wonderpug, as did the legendary Mass Effect pre-release thread, this thread must die as well upon release.

I'm proposing that whomever gets the game first starts the official impressions thread, so that other thread can die a quick death.

There can be only one!

Honestly I'll just be happy if we don't end up with 3+ concurrent threads talking about the same thing.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 27, 2008, 02:06:02 PM »

well,just over 30 hrs for me(UK midnight release)..and then i have 7 days off work..but this tuesday i have to wait in(downstairs,away from my other 360) for the DLH dude to come and pick up my first 3 red ringer 360 which i had since launch...but hell,it lasted longer than my PS3(which i bought last July),which went tits up after the last update
(i currently have my sisters 360,which is really mine that i borrowed her until i get my old one back)

i also have to contact my PC company to get a man out to fix the two day old PC which crapped out on me as well-then there is the second leg of the champions league match between Manchester United and Barcelona football match(soccer for you guys)

so,although i will be playing on the game tuesday,it will really be wednesday that i can really sink my teeth into it

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 27, 2008, 03:42:28 PM »

perhaps we should start coming up with our own MP modes to play in Free Mode?

example:

1) Ho-Down - Try to frequent as many prostitutes as you can within a 10 minute time limit.  What would be an embarrassing situation for a normal man in real life becomes fun for all in GTAIV!

2) Face Race - Find largest building, group jumps headfirst from largest building, first one to go splat wins.

3) The Senility 500 - Try to plow into as many groups of citizens as you can while talking like a 90 year old grandmother over the headset.  "But the medication didn't say I shouldn't drive!"

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: April 27, 2008, 04:36:41 PM »

form what I read and heard I am hearing "free play" is the mP version which all will eventually ply since you can make up your own game. This version has everyone who eneters it standing in a circle so you can go over rules. ( they said of course the forst few times you do this someone starts shooting but that gets old quick)  and it actually lends itself to an awesome potential of multi player games.

Me and my brother and friends are loking forward to cannonball run type races.  ANything goes start from corner a, and must get into a certain building on the other side of town, type stuff.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 27, 2008, 06:01:02 PM »

34 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  work is going to drag tomorrow  crybaby

Because I can,
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 27, 2008, 06:17:17 PM »

The motion controls for the PS3 version have been blasted by a few sites...fortunately, you can turn them off biggrin

I just hope you can enable/disable each of the 4 functions - because snapping the controller to reload sounds sorta cool.  Army of Two has it, as well, and it always sounded kinda neat.

Also, some more comparisons are out and things are becoming pretty equal, it seems.

TheMissingLink on PSN
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 27, 2008, 06:39:34 PM »

gametrailer's review is out: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33326.html

SOOOOOOOOOOOON. tomorrow is my friday, i finally get my new TV and a day before GTA. God it's gonna drag.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 27, 2008, 06:52:21 PM »

I'm waitin' for the PC version.

(Yes I know they said they ain't gonna do one, but I don't believe them Tongue )
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: April 27, 2008, 07:04:25 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 27, 2008, 03:42:28 PM

3) The Senility 500 - Try to plow into as many groups of citizens as you can while talking like a 90 year old grandmother over the headset.  "But the medication didn't say I shouldn't drive!"

You know, that sounds like a lot of fun for all the wrong reasons. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 27, 2008, 07:39:51 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on April 27, 2008, 06:39:34 PM

Wow....I'm actually looking forward to a GTA release. I guess I should drop off some pre-order cash today. nod
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 27, 2008, 08:11:10 PM »

I wonder if there will be an option to put points on pedestrians so the game keeps track....

DEATH RACE 3000!!!!!

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 27, 2008, 09:26:08 PM »

for those who are getting the 360 version,some people have been reporting that if you clear your cache,then there will be no problems with pop up as much...whether it works or not..i dont know,but i have done it anyway,(i remember Oblivion)

to clear cache on xbox 360:incase you dont know...from xbox.com forums

go to the system blade and press select memory..press Y on the HDD symbol and then press X,X,left bumper,right bumper,X,X

once you do this,a message will appear asking:do you want to perform maintenance on your xbox 360 storage devices?performing this function will also clear any software updates

you will have to re-download any game updates that are needed but no system updates-its useful if you have tonnes of games on your HDD

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 27, 2008, 09:32:39 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 27, 2008, 09:26:08 PM

for those who are getting the 360 version,some people have been reporting that if you clear your cache,then there will be no problems with pop up as much...whether it works or not..i dont know,but i have done it anyway,(i remember Oblivion)

to clear cache on xbox 360:incase you dont know...from xbox.com forums

go to the system blade and press select memory..press Y on the HDD symbol and then press X,X,left bumper,right bumper,X,X

once you do this,a message will appear asking:do you want to perform maintenance on your xbox 360 storage devices?performing this function will also clear any software updates

you will have to re-download any game updates that are needed but no system updates-its useful if you have tonnes of games on your HDD

I would have to concur, I didn't experiene much texture pop-in. Perhaps it's something that somehow accumilates over time but could be fixed with a clearing of the HDD cache. The 360 should just automatically do it for you every time you boot the system.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 27, 2008, 09:41:05 PM »

Kptaku has their review up.  From the 'bads':

Some Missions Are Maddening: Of the 155 missions I attempted, 64 ended in failure. That's fine, but some seem impossible on the first attempt and others come close to resulting in thrown controllers. Missions are quick to restart, but by your third or fourth attempt of The Snow Storm, you may be looking for a Rockstar dev online to kill. There's not much in the way of mission filler, but some jobs are definitely more memorable than others.

so business as usual for the missions.

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 27, 2008, 10:50:59 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 27, 2008, 09:41:05 PM

Some Missions Are Maddening: Of the 155 missions I attempted, 64 ended in failure. That's fine, but some seem impossible on the first attempt and others come close to resulting in thrown controllers. Missions are quick to restart, but by your third or fourth attempt of The Snow Storm, you may be looking for a Rockstar dev online to kill. There's not much in the way of mission filler, but some jobs are definitely more memorable than others.

Weird, another review said there were much, much fewer frustrating missions than in previous titles--saying how refreshing it was to go through a number of missions without a failure.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 27, 2008, 11:33:42 PM »

Australians are prolly playing now(or if not,in a few hours)..but thats okay they get a cut version because their age rating system only goes up to 16 i think

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 28, 2008, 12:24:53 AM »

I.E.he sucks at video games. It's ok Mr. Reviewer. I'll buy the game and show you how a grown-up plays. Wuss.

icon_twisted

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 28, 2008, 01:29:38 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 27, 2008, 11:33:42 PM

Australians are prolly playing now(or if not,in a few hours)..but thats okay they get a cut version because their age rating system only goes up to 16 i think

dang Crocodile Dundee's!

Because I can,
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 28, 2008, 02:01:22 AM »

anyone know if i can still preorder at GS tomorrow morning to get it at launch Tuesday?

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 28, 2008, 02:09:50 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on April 28, 2008, 02:01:22 AM

anyone know if i can still preorder at GS tomorrow morning to get it at launch Tuesday?

As they already have their copies in hand, I'm fairly confident that they'll say yes because I'm sure they over ordered...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 28, 2008, 02:10:30 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on April 28, 2008, 02:01:22 AM

I doubt they'll sell out, and when I was at GS today they were still asking people if they wanted to, so you should be OK.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 28, 2008, 02:18:31 AM »

so...how about we start a thread helping people with excuses for getting off work/school tuesday?  me, i'm thinkin' of something involving a vascular problem...or maybe some type of viral thing i picked up off a monkey at the zoo this past weekend.  either that or i could just pretend to pass out monday, have the ambulance pick me up, then get up halfway to the hospital and tell the paramedics i'm fine i just had a bad sausage biscuit and could they drop me off at the gamestop near my apartment.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 02:20:39 AM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 28, 2008, 03:03:43 AM »

I get tues and weds off. no excuses needed for me :p

well until thursday that is. last game i wanted this bad was rock band.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 28, 2008, 03:26:09 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 28, 2008, 02:18:31 AM

so...how about we start a thread helping people with excuses for getting off work/school tuesday?  me, i'm thinkin' of something involving a vascular problem...or maybe some type of viral thing i picked up off a monkey at the zoo this past weekend.  either that or i could just pretend to pass out monday, have the ambulance pick me up, then get up halfway to the hospital and tell the paramedics i'm fine i just had a bad sausage biscuit and could they drop me off at the gamestop near my apartment.

claim a bad hair day.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 28, 2008, 03:43:47 AM »

oh, and:

JUST OVER 24 HOURS!!!!!!!!

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 28, 2008, 03:46:15 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 28, 2008, 02:18:31 AM

I'm really starting to think something I ate on Monday night, Tuesday morning, and/or Tuesday lunch might have given me food poisoning.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 28, 2008, 05:01:53 AM »

Because I can,
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 28, 2008, 07:40:41 AM »

I think I have wood over a game... icon_lol hehe!
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 28, 2008, 11:06:56 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 27, 2008, 09:41:05 PM

Listen, if I ONLY failed 64 out of 155 on the first attempt I'd be thrilled. I'm more concerned about being totally stymied by a mission and being unable to proceed, like the "Beach Party" mission in GTASA (or the damn mid-air intercept!) that drove me crazy. Still, I did get through all of them in GTASA on the PS2, eventually.

XBL gamertag: jztemple
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 28, 2008, 12:50:22 PM »

I'm going to be sick tomorrow. I wonder how much productivity will be lost tomorrow due to people calling in sick for a video game.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 28, 2008, 02:07:18 PM »

Just checked my pre-order on Amazon and it shows shipping today  icon_biggrin

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: