http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 05:06:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gears of war update tomorrow(more achievements)  (Read 566 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2007, 03:24:42 PM »

from major nelson

It has just been announced that Gears of War will be getting a title update tomorrow, June 14th after 0200 GMT. Inside the Title Update, you’ll find eight new Achievements for the "Annex" gametype and the "Hidden Fronts" Multiplayer Map Pack on Xbox LIVE.

In addition to adding new Achievements, worth a total of 250 points, Epic has improved the Roadie Run controls so players have greater control of their movement. The title update will also help squash multiplayer exploits and provide general housekeeping.

The "Annex" gametype is now available for free and the "Hidden Fronts" Multiplayer Map Pack is available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points.
All four multiplayer maps will be available for free after Sept. 3, 2007.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/06/13/new-gears-of-war-multiplayer-achievements-and-title-update.aspx

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 03:47:33 PM »

Was annex pay to play at first? This update actually sounds enough to make me want to play again-the problem i still have is the MASSIVE host lag/shotgun advantage.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:59:11 PM »

I gotta say, I still think GoW mp is just glorified deathmatch, but that Annex game with ATB on my team was really fun.

"alright, everyone stay in cover and use the lancers.  I SAID USE THE LANCERS."

Just Hiro will do.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 04:09:22 PM »

So looks like they get around having to charge for more content by including it as an update.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 04:16:12 PM »

The annex play type was always free and it's great fun.

The additional maps are still the same price- free in September.

The addition of new achievements is nice, but I'm not sure it'll get me back into the game- I'm a GRAW2 fanatic now.  Haven't played Gears in almost a month...

I still think GoW mp is just glorified deathmatch,

Now that I've seen what other games offer I agree.  Would be nice if it could be greater than 4 x 4, but I guess there are just too much graphical assets to proces.

If they ever update GoW with other modes it will be uber.

This update actually sounds enough to make me want to play again-the problem i still have is the MASSIVE host lag/shotgun advantage.

I agreed with that all along- but it often can be dealt with by playing skillfully. However, there should be none- like in GRAW2....it is also something they should fix.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 01:11:49 AM »

I don't understand why this wasn't included when they released the new maps and mode.  Do you really think Microsoft would allow a different company to release their new content and then a month later patch in the Achievements? 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 01:46:46 AM »

The shotgun advantage is that one that irks me the most.  There's no reason to use the lancer, or any rifle.  The damage for the rifles are poor and require too much sustained fire to cause a down.  The online game isn't about taking cover anymore and flanking.  It's about running up with shotgun, doing that weird dance where you constantly stick and unstick to cover surfaces and roll around.  So with the way people move it's difficult to with the rifle, let alone target a specific part like head or knees.  There's no aim assistance with the rifles, compounding the issue.

The active reload, I once thought cool in single player, now seems more quirky and unbalancing.  It arbitrarily gives you extra damage for no reason at all.  Which makes things confusing where a weapon that once did one thing now all of a sudden does another.  The sniper rifle is a really bad example.  That weapon was a great support weapon, pick off guys at long range, or if you can't get a headshot you can easily hurt someone enough in shot shot to the body to let a teammate finish him off easy.  Instead, with active reload it's just

Blind fire is also useless, it's better just to stand in the open and get the aim accuracy.

The execution mode, which says people can only be killed in execution style, still has people getting blown up by grenades, picked off by sniper rifles, and blown up by torque bows.

I see why they removed the cover system from GRAW2 multiplayer.  In MP, the stick to cover system is just an arbitrary system.  You get in cover simply by getting behind objects.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: