http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 08:33:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gears of War Hits 1 million in 2 weeks and other 360 news:  (Read 2436 times)
Dante Rising
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2006, 07:26:16 AM »

Congrats to Gears of War for hitting 1 million units sold in 2 weeks, making it the fastest selling original Xbox game of all time. This title deserves the praise and sales it has received.

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2006/11/21/539037.aspx

Also:

-Koei has announced increased support for the Xbox 360, as Fatal Inertia and Blade Storm have been dropped from the PS3 exclusive list. This was already expected, but now there is an actual press release. Personally, I could care less about either title.

-There are growing reports that a 360 version of MGS4: Sons of the Patriots is in production for the Xbox 360. Hideo Kojima has refused to comment on the situation, so it is probably accurate. He has also, in the recent past, conceeded to magazines such as Game Informer that the series is far more popular in the US than in Europe or Japan, so a port to the 360 probably makes sense. However, I wouldn't expect to see this as a simultaneous release with the PS3 verion if true.

-Microsoft is pushing to hit 8 million units sold by December 31st of this year. Expect to see alot of sales on the 360 over the next month. According to the numbers I've seen, they are sitting at about 6.5-6.8 million units sold as of October 31st, so it looks like they want to sell 1 million units worldwide in December. I don't see this happening if Nintendo can keep the Wii in stock, but you never know...

-For you Blu-Ray haterz:

A Blue Dragon sequel is green-lighted. In the latest issue of Famitsu, producer Hironobu Sakaguchi confirmed plans for a follow up to the big Microsoft-published RPG. Apparently the 10 people who own Xbox 360s in Japan have been reported as being "rabidly enthusiastic" over the title, and this response was enough to spark confidence in the creation of a Blue Dragon II.

Blue Dragon ships on three DVDs, making it bigger than any Xbox 360 title to date. According to Sakaguchi, the game required compression technology to fit onto the three disks. In uncompressed form, the game's data takes up over 30 Gigs of space.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 07:48:42 AM by Dante Rising » Logged
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 08:09:11 AM »

All of this is just awesome news for the 360! WOOT!  thumbsup
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 08:19:37 AM »

I`ve only played about 4 hours of ANYTHING else since this came out. Great game indeed.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 08:40:45 AM »

I`ve only played about 4 hours of ANYTHING else since this came out. Great game indeed.

I must admit, I didn't expect Epic to pull it off. I had ominous pre-release reservations that the game wouldn't match the hype. Epic really knocked this one out of the park, and an exclusive GoW 2 for the 360 is now assured thanks to their contractual agreements with MS.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 08:57:14 AM »

Yeah, excellent game.  I've put a lot of time into both the campaign and the multi.

Rainbow 6 will be taking time away from it for a bit for me I think.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Luke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 09:02:21 AM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on November 22, 2006, 08:40:45 AM

Epic really knocked this one out of the park, and an exclusive GoW 2 for the 360 is now assured thanks to their contractual agreements with MS.

What, exactly, is this agreement?  What's keeping GoW off the PS3?  And for how long, anyway?  Can you find a link to any articles that reference it?

Epic's definitely 3rd party.  UT2k7 is PS3 (and PC) only at this point.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 09:10:37 AM »

Hmmm...here's hoping MGS4 becomes a 360 title - I don't want to fork over the $$$ for the PS3 just for that game.  If the game does come out later, it'll sure be DAMN heard to not read impressions, get spoiled, etc. however.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 09:40:18 AM »

Quote from: Luke on November 22, 2006, 09:02:21 AM

Quote from: Dante Rising on November 22, 2006, 08:40:45 AM

Epic really knocked this one out of the park, and an exclusive GoW 2 for the 360 is now assured thanks to their contractual agreements with MS.

What, exactly, is this agreement?  What's keeping GoW off the PS3?  And for how long, anyway?  Can you find a link to any articles that reference it?

UT2k7 is only a ps3 exclusive for some nebulous launch window. It will be on 360. GoW however, may never see PS3-thats the difference.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 09:45:19 AM by Calvin » Logged
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 09:46:17 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on November 22, 2006, 09:10:37 AM

Hmmm...here's hoping MGS4 becomes a 360 title - I don't want to fork over the $$$ for the PS3 just for that game.  If the game does come out later, it'll sure be DAMN heard to not read impressions, get spoiled, etc. however.
I am fairly sure this rumor surfaced earlier-like 3 or 4 months ago-I think one of the XBox guys at MS let it slip-frankly I think if they can grease Konami's palms the right way it will make its way sooner than later. The 360 is definately going to have the lead in installed base when MGS4 comes out.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 12:53:26 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 22, 2006, 09:46:17 AM

Quote from: TheMissingLink on November 22, 2006, 09:10:37 AM

I am fairly sure this rumor surfaced earlier-like 3 or 4 months ago-I think one of the XBox guys at MS let it slip-frankly I think if they can grease Konami's palms the right way it will make its way sooner than later. The 360 is definately going to have the lead in installed base when MGS4 comes out.

Though I've not played 3 yet, MGS is one of my favorite series ever...well through 2 slywink, and I hope that it does come to 360. That would be awesome.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 12:57:52 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on November 22, 2006, 07:26:16 AM

\-Koei has announced increased support for the Xbox 360, as Fatal Inertia and Blade Storm have been dropped from the PS3 exclusive list. This was already expected, but now there is an actual press release. Personally, I could care less about either title.

Hot diggity doo dah! Fatal Inertia was the one PS3 game I had some interest in.
While I'm totally stoked over Blue Dragon, I'll wait to get my hands on the first before I get excited about the sequel  icon_biggrin

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 01:22:59 PM »

MS has first denial rights to an exclusive GoW sequel. I suppose they could turn down rights to publish the next title, but based upon these newly reported numbers I don't see that happening. What I do not recall is if the option for GoW 2 was for an exclusive window, or for complete exclusivity. But GoW (part 1) is definitely an MS only project. Epic has stated this in the past, and reaffirmed it at the Hollywood launch party along with the fact that the Unreal 3 engine will never appear on the Wii due to hardware limitations. They did not, however, reject the idea of developing for the Wii.

I'm more interested in the fact that Blue Dragon ate up 3 (almost 4) DVDs. This is still early in the 360 development lifecycle and a company has already hit 30Gb. What will a Final Fantasy production need?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 01:30:46 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 01:41:28 PM »

Quote from: Luke on November 22, 2006, 09:02:21 AM

Apparently, Epic has put some work into the 360 version, but not heavy development. Given the "Gaming for Windows" platform and the 360, it only makes sense that this won't stay Sony exclusive for long.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 01:43:50 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on November 22, 2006, 01:22:59 PM

I'm more interested in the fact that Blue Dragon ate up 3 (almost 4) DVDs. This is still early in the 360 development lifecycle and a company has already hit 30Gb. What will a Final Fantasy production need?

Look at the people behind Blue Dragon. Designed by Sakaguchi. Music by Uematsu. This *IS* a Final Fantasy Production.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 01:46:13 PM »

-There are growing reports that a 360 version of MGS4: Sons of the Patriots is in production for the Xbox 360. Hideo Kojima has refused to comment on the situation, so it is probably accurate. He has also, in the recent past, conceeded to magazines such as Game Informer that the series is far more popular in the US than in Europe or Japan, so a port to the 360 probably makes sense. However, I wouldn't expect to see this as a simultaneous release with the PS3 verion if true.

Actually MGS's popularity has sort of caught up in Japan with MGS3 getting comparable sales.  The turning point was MGS2- while much of the US audience hated the inclusion of Raiden, he was actually quite popular with Japanese gamers (probably not surprising).

The MGS4 rumors haven't surprised me- remember MGS2 was on Xbox too, though I had perhaps expected a separate game on the 360 (which Kojima eluded to before).  While Playstation certainly seems to be it's "home" for the past decade, in that time the franchise has also appeared on the PC, Gamecube, Xbox, Gameboy, and PSP.  I agree that a staggered release makes the most sense.  Either that or both versions get delayed- it's going to be tight to have it ready for holidays next year as is, and the introduction of the 360 as a platform is only going to delay things.

Though I think staggered is likely for another reason- considering the way Sony has highlighted the title, I would be *shocked* if there wasn't some form of contracted exclusivity on it.  Most likely timed though so, yeah, a 360 version six months later would be very likely. 

-Microsoft is pushing to hit 8 million units sold by December 31st of this year. Expect to see alot of sales on the 360 over the next month. According to the numbers I've seen, they are sitting at about 6.5-6.8 million units sold as of October 31st, so it looks like they want to sell 1 million units worldwide in December.

Not to put a damper on all of the good news, but it's worth pointing out that they originally planned to have sold 10 million after one year (ie right now) which would exclude most of the 2006 Holiday buying season then revised that to to 10 million in 2006 which they still aren't going to hit.  So they are behind on their original projections. 
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 01:47:59 PM »

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/next-360-developer-hideo-kojima-134582.php hmmm...

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 01:53:29 PM »

Odd thing about the on target to 8 million by the end of December, I thought the target was 10 million. 2 million units is a big difference. Not that selling 8 million units worldwide, er in the US and Europe, is a small accomplishment in one year either smile

I am glad to see that some Japanese developers realize that developing for a western audience can garner them a lot of $$$. Good for 360 owners all around.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 02:01:08 PM »

Not to put a damper on all of the good news, but it's worth pointing out that they originally planned to have sold 10 million after one year (ie right now) which would exclude most of the 2006 Holiday buying season then revised that to to 10 million in 2006 which they still aren't going to hit.  So they are behind on their original projections.

Japan remains their problem with attaining that 10 million. By nation it is the second largest purchaser of video games, and MS can't grow that market to save its life. Even if Blue Dragon increased their hardware sales by 500%, that would equal about 10,000 units per month- 1/20th of the US adoption rate.

Fortress: Japan will always keep MS from toppling Sony is the hardware races. This is why I think they need to buy Mistwalker and continue doing a full court press on Konami, SquareEnix, Capcom and others to publish Japanese games for Japanese gamers on the 360. Halo and Gears just don't do it in that peculiar little country.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 02:08:03 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 02:03:40 PM »

I think they are hurting in Europe too- sales have been pretty slow and the first Xbox didn't do well there either. 
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 02:26:01 PM »

Please provide link for the "slow European sales". I'm not saying it isn't, I'd just like to see numbers. I mean, "slow" is such a relative term.

Also, here's some Gears of War news :
Quote from: Jeff Bell, Corp.VP of Global Marketing for the Interactive Entertainment Business unit at MSFT
The goal of this ad is to establish Marcus Fenix as the hero of the Gears of war trilogy.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 02:27:26 PM »

I'm glad someone pointed out the discrepancy. MS was touting that they would definitely have an install base of 10M by the time the PS3 came out and that the first one to 10M wins.

When will be able to find out what the Wiis hardware sales numbers are?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 02:29:14 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 22, 2006, 02:26:01 PM

Please provide link for the "slow European sales". I'm not saying it isn't, I'd just like to see numbers. I mean, "slow" is such a relative term.

I honestly can't.  I get 95% of my sales information from GAF which is very accurate but not easily-linkable.  It's more of an osmosis thing over there. 
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 02:29:58 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 22, 2006, 02:27:26 PM

I'm glad someone pointed out the discrepancy. MS was touting that they would definitely have an install base of 10M by the time the PS3 came out and that the first one to 10M wins.

When will be able to find out what the Wiis hardware sales numbers are?

Expect a press release in the near future (possibly early next week after the big shopping weekend).  Failing that, NPD numbers will be released early in December. 
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 03:16:46 PM »

The goal of this ad is to establish Marcus Fenix as the hero of the Gears of war trilogy.

Wow. Too Human, Mass Effect and Gears of War are all planned to be trilogies? If these titles come close to living up to the hype, MS has some significant firepower in their trenches.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 03:28:25 PM »

-Koei has announced increased support for the Xbox 360, as Fatal Inertia and Blade Storm have been dropped from the PS3 exclusive list. This was already expected, but now there is an actual press release. Personally, I could care less about either title.

--

'i could care less about either title'....LOL,why do Americans always say this wrong?....its you couldn't care less...oh well

it would be fantastic if metal gear came to 360.....as at the moment i only have 2 reasons for getting a ps3,and they are metal gear and final fantasy.....heres hoping
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 03:19:31 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 03:28:42 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on November 22, 2006, 03:16:46 PM

Wow. Too Human, Mass Effect and Gears of War are all planned to be trilogies? If these titles come close to living up to the hype, MS has some significant firepower in their trenches.

Considering that I'd be hard pressed to name a single game that sold like gangbusters and *didn't* garner a sequel I don't think it matters from a sales perspective whether it was initally planned or not.

What does concern me is that "planned" trilogies often have first installments that don't necessarily stand on their own well and leave off in cliffhangers.  And if that first game doesn't do well in sales then we never get to see the conclusion.  I"m not so much worried about Gears and Mass Effect since both obviously will be big sellers but Silicon Knights has a lackluster sales track record and I'm not sure that Too Human will reverse that. 
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 03:32:53 PM »

Kevin, I've also read somewhere that European sales are somewhat soft, but I cannot find the article.  icon_frown

It does seem that MS is actually on target for their desired system sales, as Xbox Corporate Vice-President for Worldwide Marketing and Distribution Peter Moore announced back in 2005 that 10 million units sold could be reached between the first 12 and 16 months. SO they still have a few months to hit that 10 million.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Microsoft_Sets_First_Year_Xbox_360_Sales_Target_7919_0_16.htm

They also met their goal of reaching 5 million units by June 2006. (The end number was about 5.2 million units.)

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060427/3/2jr6b.html

But they got hammered on trying to sell 1 million units in Japan by mid-2006, and 1.5 to 2 million by this December.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7103.cfm
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 03:48:53 PM »

i could care less about either title'....LOL,why do americans always say this wrong?....its you couldn't care less...oh well

I blame our fractured educational system. The sun was in my eyes. I was distracted by all the voices in my head.  :icon_eek:

Ironically, this mistake is one of my biggest pet peeves, and I'm usually calling people out on it. Thanks for making me look like a hypocrite. BTW, I visited your country last year. Can ANYONE on that island make a good pizza?

<edit> And I'll ask you to capitalize the word "Americans" thankyouverymuch. We keep dragging you guys into interesting wars all over the world. The LEAST you can do is capitalize our damned name.</edit>
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 04:00:38 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 03:55:27 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 22, 2006, 03:28:25 PM

'i could care less about either title'....LOL,why do americans always say this wrong?....its you couldn't care less...oh well

because we could care less about what you Euros think  Tongue

GoW is going to be a trilogy?  cool.  I can't wait to see what they do with multiplayer in the next 2 games.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2006, 11:05:45 PM »

I still think all of this is very good for the 360-but it is dissapointing that the Japanese refusal to try American products has cut their projections by 2 million.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 11:44:12 PM »

'i could care less about either title'....LOL,why do americans always say this wrong?....its you couldn't care less...oh well
*sigh*

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ico1.htm

There’s a close link between the stress pattern of I could care less and the kind that appears in certain sarcastic or self-deprecatory phrases that are associated with the Yiddish heritage and (especially) New York Jewish speech. Perhaps the best known is I should be so lucky!, in which the real sense is often “I have no hope of being so lucky”, a closely similar stress pattern with the same sarcastic inversion of meaning. There’s no evidence to suggest that I could care less came directly from Yiddish, but the similarity is suggestive. There are other American expressions that have a similar sarcastic inversion of apparent sense, such as Tell me about it!, which usually means “Don’t tell me about it, because I know all about it already”. These may come from similar sources.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2006, 03:49:11 AM »

Quote from: Laner on November 22, 2006, 11:44:12 PM

*sigh*

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ico1.htm

There’s a close link between the stress pattern of I could care less and the kind that appears in certain sarcastic or self-deprecatory phrases that are associated with the Yiddish heritage and (especially) New York Jewish speech. Perhaps the best known is I should be so lucky!, in which the real sense is often “I have no hope of being so lucky”, a closely similar stress pattern with the same sarcastic inversion of meaning. There’s no evidence to suggest that I could care less came directly from Yiddish, but the similarity is suggestive. There are other American expressions that have a similar sarcastic inversion of apparent sense, such as Tell me about it!, which usually means “Don’t tell me about it, because I know all about it already”. These may come from similar sources.

And yet you continue reading that same page:
So it’s actually a very interesting linguistic development. But it is still regarded as slangy, and also has some social class stigma attached. And because it is hard to be sarcastic in writing, it loses its force when put on paper and just ends up looking stupid. In such cases, the older form, while still rather colloquial, at least will communicate your meaning—at least to those who really could care less.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2006, 05:02:12 AM »

They also met their goal of reaching 5 million units by June 2006. (The end number was about 5.2 million units.)

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060427/3/2jr6b.html

It's always hard to determine whether they are talking sales to consumers or shipped to retailers. Although the article refers to sales, the 5.2 million is actually the number Microsoft shipped by the end of June. There's no way they sold 5 million by June.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2006, 03:27:47 PM »

@Engine no9,Laner,Ceekay and Dante rising

interesting read,just i have always seen the phrase posted like that..but let it go,then saw it again and again....thought there must of been something in your water or something...but if it came from the '60s,then that explains everything

Ceekay...i actually still consider my self to be a brit or english..if it were up to me i would cut the ties that bind us to europe

and yes,they have all been interesting wars...heres to the next 100 years, LOL

oh and i went back and capitalised 'Americans'
><><><>><><><><><>><><><><><><>><>

on another note,is this gonna be a one name thing from Epic,like how bungie is just Halo...it would be good to see other ames from them...and bungie for that matter

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2006, 03:53:11 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 23, 2006, 03:27:47 PM

on another note,is this gonna be a one name thing from Epic,like how bungie is just Halo...it would be good to see other games from them...and bungie for that matter

fixed. Oh, and this is their fourth current brand (I'm not going back to Jazz Jackrabbit and OneMustFall2097).

Unreal series (story-driven FPS)
Unreal Tournament series (multiplayer tournament style game)
Unreal Championship series (Xbox1 exclusive titles)

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2006, 03:57:51 PM »

MS recently denied that Gears is a trilogy, but I don't see any way around the creation of at least 1 sequel. A million copies in two weeks practically screams for more titles.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2006, 04:08:05 PM »

interesting read,just i have always seen the phrase posted like that..but let it go,then saw it again and again....thought there must of been something in your water or something...but if it came from the '60s,then that explains everything

Ceekay...i actually still consider my self to be a brit or english..if it were up to me i would cut the ties that bind us to europe

Did you notice how metallicorphan completely dodged my remark about the pizza in his country? His silence speaks volumes. My fellow Americans, I tell you this:

The Brits have a fine country, filled with amazing people. They are one of the few countries we can always count on in a pinch. HOWEVER, they could not make a good pizza even if the Queen's life depended upon it. I know it. Metallicorphan definitely knows it. And now you know it. 
thumbsup

if it were up to me i would cut the ties that bind us to europe

I think many Americans already feel that way. There is Great Britain, and then everybody else in Europe. And then the French.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 04:12:56 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2006, 08:37:36 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on November 23, 2006, 04:08:05 PM

Did you notice how metallicorphan completely dodged my remark about the pizza in his country? His silence speaks volumes. My fellow Americans, I tell you this:

The Brits have a fine country, filled with amazing people. They are one of the few countries we can always count on in a pinch. HOWEVER, they could not make a good pizza even if the Queen's life depended upon it. I know it. Metallicorphan definitely knows it. And now you know it. 
thumbsup

if it were up to me i would cut the ties that bind us to europe

I think many Americans already feel that way. There is Great Britain, and then everybody else in Europe. And then the French.

LOL,true...but i feel as though we are just plain Britain now..too many immagrants(long story)

as for pizza....no,were shit,unless you go to the well known....dominos.pizza hut etc

chinese is nice,again if you know where to go icon_lol

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2006, 03:08:26 AM »

Quote from: Luke

The actual GoW box says Microsoft Game Studios on it so I'd assume they have a publishing agreement with Epic on the game. I can't imagine Microsoft not getting an exclusive agreement on that game.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

i always see the charts for american and japan....and usually,there isnt one 360 game in there,unless its multi-format

for example,the magazine this month from where i read the charts read like this:

American charts
1.WOW:Burning crusade(pc)
2.Microsoft flight simulator x deluxe(pc)
3.the sims 2pets(pc)
4.Warhammer 40,000:DOWDC(pc)
5.final fantasy 12(ps2)
6.battlefield 2142(pc)
7.madden NFL2007(ps2)
8.pokemon mystery dungeon:blue(ds)
9.tiger woods PGA tour 07(ps2)
10.new super mario bros(ds)

as for the japanese charts

1.Everybody's tennis(psp)
2.Final fantasy 3(ds)
3.new super mario bros(ds)
4.Gintama DS:yorozuya daisoudou(ds)
5.motto nouo kitaeru otona(ds)
6.animal crossing:wild world
7.rurouni kenshin:enjou kyoto rinne(ps2)
8.mogitate tingle no barairo rupee land(ds)
9.shaberu! DS oyyouri navi(ds)
10.harukanaru toki no kade 3:izayoiki(ps2)

thank god my eyes were focused when posting the japanese charts....oh and note,last month the japanese charts 1-10 consisted of only DS titles

so,anyway...even though i know a few people who have a 360,as you say,it may not be doing GREAT business in europe..but it doesnt look that great in America and of course in Japan(where they like their RPGs and cute animal games)

i also expect that gears of war will actually get in the top ten for America in the next issue of the magazine

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: