http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 04:34:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gears of War: Co-op problem on Live  (Read 883 times)
dkass
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2006, 01:04:06 AM »

I'm stuck. For some reason my brother and I cannot play GOW co-op on Live. We have been successful with other games (DOOM 3, PDZ), but whenever we accept an invitation, it says connection lost. Both of our accounts are working, and we are connected to live. We have tried every possible combination (hosting public/private). In fact when hosting public games, other people could join us? Any help is appreciated.
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 01:46:02 AM »

Have Live test your connection and see what your NAT settings are. See if you're Restrictive (you have ports that are being blocked off/not forwarding via your router) or Open (ports are forwarded). If Restrictive, search here on the forums for instructions to fix that.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
dkass
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 03:22:07 AM »

NAT Settings are open.

Juast curious, would a firewall have anything to do with it? I can access XBOX Live and download games (tried the Superman Demo yesterday), I just can't seem to play GOW co-op.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 03:54:03 AM »

If Live is saying that your NAT settings are Open, then you've done all you can in making sure your connection is as good as you can get it. All your ports are open (or at least the important ones that Live uses), so your firewall is no longer an issue.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 04:05:38 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 21, 2006, 03:54:03 AM

If Live is saying that your NAT settings are Open, then you've done all you can in making sure your connection is as good as you can get it. All your ports are open (or at least the important ones that Live uses), so your firewall is no longer an issue.

A friend of mine passed all these tests but would still have problems hosting games.   He went and got an approved router off the compatible list and it solved his problems.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/homenetworking/equipment.htm

- shaggy

dkass
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 11:25:53 AM »

I've got an approved router as well. I'll have my brother check his settings.

Anyone have any otehr suggestions? Thanks.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 11:52:11 AM »

Sometimes, even if it says the settings are okay, forwarding the required ports anyways can help.
dkass
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 01:49:34 PM »

Sorry, I'm not sure how to forward the required ports, or even what that means. This is the first problem I have had with XBOX Live.

Is there anything I need to do besides start the game and send an invite to my friend? Maybe I'm doing something wrong there. I'm starting to feel old.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 07:14:58 PM »

Not usually. That should be it. Are you sure someone isn`t just beating you guys to the punch and filling the spot before the other gets there? That`s the similar message I get when I join a game and then it gets full before I get there. Sorry, that`s all I got paranoid.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 08:54:26 PM »

a lot of people are having problems with gears of war online...i have only been able to connect to one online game since i baught the game last friday.........there is also a probelm with ranked games(and sometimes player games) on call of duty 3...both games are due to recieve an update for the problems in the near future...this could be why you are having problems...also tony hawk project 8 is apparently suffering the same problems..but i have no idea if a patch is on its way for that

call of duty 3 online is fantastic,i love it..gears of war was good...but with only 8 players,wasnt as great as i thought it should be,it should have some bigger maps as well....but as i said i have only been able to play the one time up to now

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 07:43:52 AM »

So....oddly enough, I had a problem with my "Recent Players" list not updating at all.   I had emailed xbox tech support but got a reply to call in.  Going through their process, he had me open up port 3074 to both UDP and TCP.  I only had it as TCP for some reason.   Then I redownloaded my gamer profile.  This solved the problem.

My point being is that I'm sure I had the port open correctly to something I read on the xbox site.  Changing it to both UDP and TCP may have helped but it also could have been redownloading my gamertag.   You might try checking the ports you have forwarded (what I stated above plus UDP for port 88) just in case.

- shaggy

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 08:38:32 AM »

So I'm a little late replying to this thread, but if you are looking for help on port forwarding, find your router on the list at PortForward.com (they have most manufacturers and models) and they should have steps you can follow.  They also have a list of common ports including those needed for XBox Live (3074 TCP and UDP, 88 UDP).  They also have more info on what port forwarding is and such.  Hope that helps somebody out there. 

It is also worth checking on your router manufacturer's website to see if there is a firmware upgrade for your model. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 01:26:24 PM »

Hey, if anyone wants to Gears coop on insane, let me know and I would love to.  Maybe tonight after the hoopla is over we could start-around 8:30 or 9 maybe and just see how far we get before we pass out.

I'm game.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: