http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 12:19:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GDC Week - The new E3  (Read 2164 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2007, 02:43:45 PM »

Looks like GDC is becoming the new E3 of sorts. Lots of new stuff from Sony and MS. Nintendo though, won't have much to say, due to stock concerns...

Just got the word from Nintendo's PR agency: executives and developers will not be able to answer any kind of "forward-looking" questions at Game Developers Conference, because of the secondary stock sale that's pending in Japan.

That means that Aonuma won't be able to talk about the future of the Zelda series, etc. Also that Reggie/Perrin can't say anything about the future. At all.

To start things off, here is the Sony PR for today:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-05-2007/0004539214&EDATE=

Sony Computer Entertainment America to Showcase Ground-Breaking, Next-Generation Technology and New Innovative Online Services at 2007 Game Developers Conference

Phil Harrison to Open Conference With Keynote Speech, 'Game 3.0: Developing
and Creating for the 3rd Age of Videogames'

FOSTER CITY, Calif., March 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer
Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced details of its presence at the
2007 Game Developers Conference (GDC), with Phil Harrison, president of
Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment, delivering the opening
keynote speech. GDC is the world's largest conference dedicated to the
support and promotion of game development, running March 5-9, at the
Moscone Center in San Francisco, Calif.

Phil Harrison's keynote presentation, "Game 3.0: Developing and
Creating for the 3rd Age of Videogames," will kick off the conference on
March 7th, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. PST. The speech will focus on the
key components of Game 3.0 -- community, user-generated content,
collaboration and commerce -- all highlighted through live demonstrations
of previously un-announced services and games for PLAYSTATION(R)3
(PS3(TM)).

"This is a very exciting time to be part of the game development
community. Advancements in technology combined with new consumer trends
mean the industry has a great opportunity to create engaging new
entertainment experiences for the world," said Phil Harrison, president of
Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment. "I believe we're at the
threshold of a new era in creative game development that's destined to
drive our industry growth through the next decade or more."

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:51:08 PM »

Yeah, GDC looks like its going to assume the role of E3 in terms of getting the big announcements, while not having the awful juvenile hype and atmosphere at E3. I hope it continues. I know we are going to get the official word from Sony about the big changes soon, so I am looking forwrad to that.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:08:25 PM »

*nod*  We've got Mike going to GDC to provide coverage.  I'll be headed to LA to cover E3.  I'm sure we'll have a presence at PAX.  We'll see how it all pans out and plan accordingly for next year.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 01:19:24 PM »

http://www.gamedailyxl.com/2007/03/07/gdc-gdc-07-impressions/

People will respect Sony: The time has come for video game journalists to stop earning a living bashing Sony and give the publisher its due. Tomorrow morning, the company will roll out its latest PlayStation 3 initiative as well as a very innovative video game, and anyone that criticizes them for that should be beaten. This is really cool stuff.

nod

Also, the big news out of Fable 2 land today.....you can get people pregnant in the game! Yay! Oh and you have a dog that you will "Love". No, I'm not kidding.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:22:38 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 07, 2007, 01:19:24 PM

People will respect Sony: The time has come for video game journalists to stop earning a living bashing Sony and give the publisher its due. Tomorrow morning, the company will roll out its latest PlayStation 3 initiative as well as a very innovative video game, and anyone that criticizes them for that should be beaten. This is really cool stuff.

nod

Also, the big news out of Fable 2 land today.....you can get people pregnant in the game! Yay! Oh and you have a dog that you will "Love". No, I'm not kidding.

So Hetz-all this stuff they are going to annoucne tomorrow and that you told us about in that other thread-is any of it still going to come in the firmware update tomorrow? Is their any confirmation of that yet?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 01:25:09 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 07, 2007, 01:22:38 PM

Quote from: Hetz on March 07, 2007, 01:19:24 PM

nod

So Hetz-all this stuff they are going to annoucne tomorrow and that you told us about in that other thread-is any of it still going to come in the firmware update tomorrow? Is their any confirmation of that yet?

The Playstation Home stuff will be this Fall. frown

Moving to enhance its PlayStation 3 game console, Sony today plans to announce new online capabilities for it, meant to draw gamers into Sony’s cyberspace community and allow them to share entertainment content they have created, à la YouTube.

The centerpiece, a new service called PlayStation Home, is to become available to consumers in the fall, said senior game industry executives, who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the plans. PlayStation Home is meant to build on and surpass somewhat similar offerings from Sony’s competitors Microsoft and Nintendo by allowing users to create persisting online identities that record players’ achievements in different games. As players progress through a game, they will unlock various virtual prizes that they can then show off to friends and rivals, the executives said.

Phil Harrison, president of Sony’s worldwide game studios, is expected to announce the new service today in San Francisco at the Game Developers Conference, the top convention for game designers and programmers. Shigeru Miyamoto, a top Nintendo executive and perhaps the world’s most famous game developer, is also scheduled to speak tomorrow but is not expected to make any major announcements. For its part, Microsoft earlier this week announced a contest that will award $10,000 to the best new game for its online Xbox Live service.

At the moment, though, the attention of gamers and the game industry is squarely on Sony as it tries to generate new momentum and buzz around the PlayStation 3 after a lackluster response when it was introduced in November.

In addition to squawking about the PlayStation 3’s price — $599 for the top version — critics and players have two major substantive complaints. Sony clearly hopes that developments this week will go a long way toward defusing each of them.

First, users have said that there have not been many great games designed exclusively for the PlayStation 3. Most of the big-name games for it have also been released for Microsoft’s Xbox 360 (less expensive than the PlayStation 3) and, with the notable exception of the alternate-history shooter Resistance: Fall of Man, the few exclusive titles for PlayStation 3 have largely failed to impress.

Mr. Harrison said the new MotorStorm, the high-octane off-road racing game that Sony has been championing for months, may answer those complaints. The glossy demonstration version of this game has already garnered raves online, and the full retail version hit store shelves yesterday.

“I really think MotorStorm could be the killer app for the PlayStation 3,” Mr. Harrison said in a telephone interview on Monday. “MotorStorm is the first title we’ve shipped that really hits the high notes of what the PlayStation 3 is capable of. That means really advanced physics and artificial intelligence, the graphical quality and the online gameplay free of charge.”

These days just having great games does not necessarily make a great game system (though it is obviously the most important factor). The second, and broader, complaint leveled at the PlayStation 3 is that while it is clearly a powerful machine, its basic operating software and the PlayStation Network online service have been clunky at best, especially compared with Microsoft’s slick, easy-to-use Xbox Live service.

This criticism perhaps reflects Sony’s most intractable problem over the last decade: its difficulty building strong businesses online, whether in digital music, in which it essentially ceded the category to Apple, or in console gaming, in which Microsoft has come on strong.

It is a deficiency that Sony seems well aware of and that today’s announcements are meant to address. Kotaku (kotaku.com), a popular gaming blog, reported preliminary details about PlayStation Home last week. Mr. Harrison would not discuss specifics of today’s planned announcements but he laid out a clear road map of how Sony intends to improve and augment its online service.

“Last year was a year of hardware,” he said. “It was all about the hardware launch, specifications, hardware technology. This is the year of software, about developing new services and, crucially, the migration from pure packaged goods, which has been the traditional delivery mechanism in our industry over the last 25 years, to something that blends the network and online services into the game experience.”

By way of example, Mr. Harrison mentioned the PlayStation 3 version of the karaoke game SingStar, expected to be released in May, first in Europe. “By taking SingStar to the network, we can allow users to choose which songs they want to sing and download them from the service,” he said. “The even more interesting thing from my point of view is that the users’ performances can then be shared with one another over the network, and users can score and rank each other.”

Sony’s overall plan, Mr. Harrision said, is to allow users to create their own content within games so that the entertainment experience begins to feel more organic, rather than planned.

“The packaged media approach on its own offers a closed experience,” he said. “You can only enjoy the game experience that the game developer put on that disc. But with the increase in adoption for the Internet and also the increased bandwidth, the Internet has democratized the audience to become content creators, as well as content consumers, and create what I call emergent entertainment. We’ve seen that with things like MySpace and YouTube and Flickr. Now we want to take those kinds of collaborative experiences and make them more central to the gameplay experience.”
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:27:08 PM by Hetz » Logged

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 02:25:51 PM »

Ok very much apprecaite the info Hetz-but those other random features you discussed in the thread, mainly background and firmware updates and things as well as that host of awesome demos and background downloads IS coming tomorrow?? Cause I really want to try some of those demos!! Appreciate you finding this stuff out man. Also-any word on DVD upscaling?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 02:28:12 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 07, 2007, 02:25:51 PM

Ok very much apprecaite the info Hetz-but those other random features you discussed in the thread, mainly background and firmware updates and things as well as that host of awesome demos and background downloads IS coming tomorrow?? Cause I really want to try some of those demos!! Appreciate you finding this stuff out man. Also-any word on DVD upscaling?

I believe that the firmware update with all the cool stuff will be tomorrow, but I am not 100% sure on that. We will see at about 10:30 PST when the Sony keynote is.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 03:40:34 PM »

I think E3 will still be the big info clearinghouse it's always been.  GDC and PAX and Leipzig and TGS will probably rise in prominence a bit, too, but I think E3 will still have the crown.  It'll just be a little more country, a little less rock and roll next time around smile  GDC is mainly just an excuse for developers to give big talks about how great they are to each other, then head out and get really sloppy drunk.  And not necessarily in that order!

And yeah, the Fable thing was hilarious.  The big features that the development team thought he was crazy for?  A dog and pregnancy.  Wah-wah-waaaaaaaah.  (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145356)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:42:20 PM by kathode » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 03:43:20 PM »

Quote from: kathode on March 07, 2007, 03:40:34 PM

And yeah, the Fable thing was hilarious.  The big features that the development team thought he was crazy for?  A dog and pregnancy.  Wah-wah-waaaaaaaah.  (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145356)

Molyneux described the first new feature as "risky, but worth the risk.

icon_lol
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 04:10:45 PM »

From here:

Instead your dog will act as a sort of living HUD. The game has no map, no other user interface on screen. Instead you will have to rely on the dog and what he sees and does. You also will control the dog by your own actions.

No map?  That worries me.  Either the game is going to be so linear that you won't have to worry or you'll have to map everything by hand (or buy the strategy guide).  Granted, Fable wasn't very complex but it was nice to have the map as a point of reference.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 04:23:18 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 07, 2007, 03:43:20 PM

Molyneux described the first new feature as "risky, but worth the risk.

icon_lol

Oddly enough, that's how people describe pregnancies in the real world too. icon_wink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 06:15:25 PM »

Good to hear that Sony's really trying to make up for their shortcomings so far, but they've got a lot more left to do to shake off the bad rap they've picked up. Having the Playstation Home network launching a full year after the console's release is very unfortunate, but at least they have what sounds like a solid plan in the works.

They also need to get more than Motorstorm out there to sell the system (killer app? Let's see how many people are willing to label it that; I suspect not many people who aren't interested in the PS3 will have their mind changed by Motorstom).

I'm curious what this new game that's supposed to be announced today is. All it takes is that one special, amazingly awesome game to really put a system on the map. A true killer app. Something like what Mario 64 did for the N64, or Wii Sports on the Wii. Something that really captures not only the interest of gamers, but raises product awareness beyond those who are already interested in the system.

There's a reason Madden sells so consistently well year after year, even back in the years when its competition was arguably better: consumer awareness. That's what Sony needs to overcome the negative press it's so deservedly garnered for the last several months, and it needs it soon.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 06:46:54 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on March 07, 2007, 06:15:25 PM

A true killer app. Something like what Mario 64 did for the N64, or Wii Sports on the Wii.

Um... you mean Zelda for the Wii, right?  Wii Sports was a pack in that a lot of gamers didn't even know existed.

gellar
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 06:49:50 PM »

Home trailer here:

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/9849

Looks like Sims crossed with Second Life.  Not really my thing but I can imagine there is probably a market for this type of thing out there based on how well those two have done. 
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 06:50:35 PM »

Quote from: gellar on March 07, 2007, 06:46:54 PM

A true killer app. Something like what Mario 64 did for the N64, or Wii Sports on the Wii.

Um... you mean Zelda for the Wii, right?  Wii Sports was a pack in that a lot of gamers didn't even know existed.

gellar

I agree with Farscry.  Wii Sports may be a pack-in but it's really what gets the most buzz.  My mom actually wants a Wii because of it!
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 06:53:26 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 07, 2007, 06:50:35 PM

gellar

I agree with Farscry.  Wii Sports may be a pack-in but it's really what gets the most buzz.  My mom actually wants a Wii because of it!

All I know is that Conan played Serena Williams in Wii Tennis on his show.  For the "casual" gamer, I think Wii Sports would be considered a killer app. 

Just Hiro will do.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 06:54:07 PM »

I agree.  I think Wii Sports in the Wii's killer app.  I think it is funny that alot of people who don't like sports and don't like video games like Wii sports.

Nintendo has the magic.  icon_biggrin

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »

Little Big Planet HD Trailer for PS3

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17548&type=wmv

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 07:22:15 PM by Hetz » Logged

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 07:10:16 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 07, 2007, 06:49:50 PM

Home trailer here:

Looks like Sims crossed with Second Life.  Not really my thing but I can imagine there is probably a market for this type of thing out there based on how well those two have done. 

That looks really cool....and it's still all FREE!!!

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 07:19:57 PM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on March 07, 2007, 06:53:26 PM

gellar

All I know is that Conan played Serena Williams in Wii Tennis on his show.  For the "casual" gamer, I think Wii Sports would be considered a killer app. 

Man, I must be in the minority then.  I seriously didn't even know this game existed until after launch.

gellar
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 07:21:36 PM »

Quote from: gellar on March 07, 2007, 07:19:57 PM

gellar

Man, I must be in the minority then.  I seriously didn't even know this game existed until after launch.

gellar

GTA3 wasn't on many people's radars until it hit either.  A Killer App does not necessarilly require hyping in advance. 
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 07:25:18 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 07, 2007, 07:07:42 PM

Amazing graphics. I think the game music might eventually drive me into a killing spree though.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 07:26:08 PM »

You probably don't watch the Today show.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 07:28:54 PM »

The more I read about Home the more incredible it is. This is light years ahead of Live or Wii Connect for social interaction and gaming with friends. Best of all, it's free.

I'd like my $50 back for Live, MS.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 07:30:01 PM »

Quote from: JCC on March 07, 2007, 07:25:18 PM

Quote from: Hetz on March 07, 2007, 07:07:42 PM

Amazing graphics. I think the game music might eventually drive me into a killing spree though.

I love the music!  Probably my favorite part of the vid. 
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 07:30:18 PM »

Home trailer here:

Man, as I was watching them talk about stuff like movie theaters that you go to where you can download movies and the chatroom stuff and I honestly couldn't help but think "Is there a way to skip all that BS and just do it through a menu fast?"  The metaverse was a cool idea in Snow Crash, but I want a console to play games.  Even when I go to bring up the Xbox interface thing to check out someone's Achievements I feel like it's slower than it should be.  Now I have to load a whole world and find my friend's house?
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 07:32:32 PM »

I look forward to the hundreds of major media articles focusing on amateur porn distribution via the PSN. :|
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 07:33:28 PM »

Quote from: kathode on March 07, 2007, 07:30:18 PM

Home trailer here:

Man, as I was watching them talk about stuff like movie theaters that you go to where you can download movies and the chatroom stuff and I honestly couldn't help but think "Is there a way to skip all that BS and just do it through a menu fast?"  The metaverse was a cool idea in Snow Crash, but I want a console to play games.  Even when I go to bring up the Xbox interface thing to check out someone's Achievements I feel like it's slower than it should be.  Now I have to load a whole world and find my friend's house?

Yeah, that's how I feel.  The Live interface is almost too much for me- I want to turn on my console and play games, not hang out in an interface.  I can't imagine that Sony won't put some form of shortcuts in there though, at least for matchmaking and the like.

But, again, enough people seem to enjoy this stuff in the Sims and Second Life that there is clearly a market for people who do want to "hang out" in some abstract virtual realm. 
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2007, 07:33:41 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 07, 2007, 07:21:36 PM

gellar

gellar

GTA3 wasn't on many people's radars until it hit either.  A Killer App does not necessarilly require hyping in advance. 

Certainly true.

Quote from: Brendan on March 07, 2007, 07:26:08 PM

You probably don't watch the Today show.

People watch the Today show?

gellar
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 08:08:49 PM »

I just got out of the Sony keynote, and let me just say as someone who had zero interest in the PS3 up until now, all that has changed.  I'm pounding out a quick write-up right now.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 08:14:55 PM »

As long as they have shortcuts to each individual part of the  "Home" that can be accessed more easily than going through all the virtual interface when you feel like it, I think this is a fantastic, expansive, interesting, neato idea that gets much love if it remains free. Really excited to see it.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 08:24:54 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 07, 2007, 08:14:55 PM

As long as they have shortcuts to each individual part of the  "Home" that can be accessed more easily than going through all the virtual interface when you feel like it, I think this is a fantastic, expansive, interesting, neato idea that gets much love if it remains free. Really excited to see it.

It looks nice.  But as with all things Sony, I'll won't believe it will work as advertized and be free until I see  it in action.  Sony is great at making promises and terrible at fulfilling them.  At least where the PS3 is concerned.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007, 08:25:37 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 07, 2007, 07:33:28 PM

Quote from: kathode on March 07, 2007, 07:30:18 PM

Home trailer here:

Yeah, that's how I feel.  The Live interface is almost too much for me- I want to turn on my console and play games, not hang out in an interface.  I can't imagine that Sony won't put some form of shortcuts in there though, at least for matchmaking and the like.

But, again, enough people seem to enjoy this stuff in the Sims and Second Life that there is clearly a market for people who do want to "hang out" in some abstract virtual realm. 

Yeah, but Sims Online was a major, major failure.  And this feels like less of the same, to me.  Maybe it'll be cool, but they have to get load time down to nothing and give people a reason to want to visit other people's home spaces.  I mean, sure I'd love to show off my trophies, but how much would I care about seeing other peoples?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 08:26:42 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on March 07, 2007, 08:24:54 PM

It looks nice.  But as with all things Sony, I'll won't believe it will work as advertized and be free until I see  it in action.  Sony is great at making promises and terrible at fulfilling them.  At least where the PS3 is concerned.

It hits beta in April so we shouldn't have long to wait to hear impressions.

And I have no doubt the core will remain free- the larger question is how much of the "accessories" will be premium and how much will they charge? 
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 08:30:47 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on March 07, 2007, 08:08:49 PM

I just got out of the Sony keynote, and let me just say as someone who had zero interest in the PS3 up until now, all that has changed.  I'm pounding out a quick write-up right now.

thumbsup

Yeah, I've heard from lots of people at GDC who were going into it, not Sony fans to say it mildly, have completely changed their minds about the PS3 from what they had to show.

I think the whole HOME thing looks incredible. I almost can't believe that Sony thought of it. smile

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2007, 08:32:24 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 07, 2007, 08:25:37 PM

Yeah, but Sims Online was a major, major failure.  And this feels like less of the same, to me.  Maybe it'll be cool, but they have to get load time down to nothing and give people a reason to want to visit other people's home spaces.

Yeah, but Second Life isn't a failure.  This is free so I think that changes the equation.  If this was a conventional MMO where you paid for entry and then paid a monthly fee then, yeah, I'm not sure how lucrative that is.  But people keep harping on how much better Sony needs to be at community building and how they convince someone to buy a game on PS3 instead of 360 where they will get their achievements, friends, etc and I think this directly addresses that aspect of it.

I don't think it's a system seller by itself but it gets added to the scales for people who need to make a decision. 

Quote from: Bullwinkle
I mean, sure I'd love to show off my trophies, but how much would I care about seeing other peoples?

I don't know- how much do you care about seeing other people's achievements?  Same concept and even if you don't care to load someone's "trophy room", I imagine that Sony will have some abstracted 2D interface on PSN or the internet where you can see a concise list of everybody's trophies. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:32:39 PM by Kevin Grey » Logged
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on March 07, 2007, 08:24:54 PM

Roll Eyes

Yeah, ok.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 09:26:32 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 07, 2007, 08:32:24 PM

I don't know- how much do you care about seeing other people's achievements?  Same concept and even if you don't care to load someone's "trophy room", I imagine that Sony will have some abstracted 2D interface on PSN or the internet where you can see a concise list of everybody's trophies. 

You quoted the wrong person there.  I was worried I had actually said that for a second smile  I want to see other people's achievements.  It's just the big layer of crap that I have to punch through to get to them that I don't want to deal with. 
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2007, 09:32:04 PM »

Quote from: kathode on March 07, 2007, 09:26:32 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 07, 2007, 08:32:24 PM

You quoted the wrong person there.  I was worried I had actually said that for a second smile  I want to see other people's achievements.  It's just the big layer of crap that I have to punch through to get to them that I don't want to deal with. 

Whoops!  Sorry!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: