http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 03:10:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GC - Animal Crossing 2  (Read 1776 times)
ericb
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2004, 08:36:49 PM »

Does anyone know if/when Animal Crossing 2 for the gamecube is coming out?  Any other games out there like this besides the Harvest Moon series?
Andy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 09:50:43 PM »

I think I read somewhere that Animal Crossing 2 will be a Japan-only release incorporating features added to the first Animal Crossing game for its US release.

EA have just announced The Urbz which sounds like it might have something in common with AC.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 12:00:34 AM »

Animal Crossing was unfortunately one of those quirky games where people either loved it or hated it, like the Harvest Moon games. So, it looks like we won't be getting the sequel. Too bad, actually.

As for The Urbz, it's basically The Sims, just in sequel form. More or less anyway based on what I've read.

Tim

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Andy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 12:33:43 AM »

I guess I'm hopeful that aspects of Animal Crossing will start showing up in other games. The Urbz will apparently let you stay with your character throughout their day (no disappearing when they go to work) and if they can roam their neighborhood and interact with other perpetual inhabitants then we might be crossing over into Animal Crossing territory...

...no harm in hoping, is there?
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 12:18:27 PM »

there's definately an AC2 coming, it's just a matter of this gen or next. All talk is that they want to extremely expand the gameplay and allow even more interaction and communication between multiple players.

Animal Crossing 2 is definately coming, but I don't think you'll see it this generation.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 01:03:04 PM »

That is really too bad...I was looking for an excuse to hook the GC back up again.  I don't think I'll be getting all three consoles next generation (plus the PSP) and Nintendo is at the bottom of the list so I may never get to play it.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 11:18:54 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Animal Crossing was unfortunately one of those quirky games where people either loved it or hated it, like the Harvest Moon games. So, it looks like we won't be getting the sequel. Too bad, actually.

True, but it sold pretty well in the US if I'm not mistaken so there's always hope smile

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Andy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 11:35:10 PM »

IGN has info here on the Japan-only upgraded version of Animal Crossing.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 12:04:46 AM »

andy you realize that upgraded version came out in Japan last year and included all the upgrades in the US version right... really has no bearing on AC2. The japanese version was fairly 'crippled' compared to the US version, hence the updated version, which is something NCL rarely does.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Andy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 12:08:29 AM »

yep, I've just woked that out - now I feel like an idiot.

not an unfamiliar feeling either.

I blame Nintendo for delaying the PAL release of Animal Crossing for about a decade.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 01:06:18 AM »

Quote from: "Andy"
I blame Nintendo for delaying the PAL release of Animal Crossing for about a decade.

A good blame. I mean, WHY did it take them something like a year to translate this game? I mean, come on, converting to the funky  :twisted:  PAL standard isn't all that hard.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 03:08:41 AM »

Took me about...1 hour to decide I hated the first one smile
Andy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2004, 03:20:38 AM »

I don't think I'd begun the game proper after an hour of play - the initial tasks set by Tom Nook are a bit if a drag.

I had a great time with the first game, as did my wife and kids. eventually the cost of the final house upgrade got too steep and we all drifted on to other things, but I'm considering wiping our village so the kids can start over from scratch in a few months.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 12:02:24 AM »

I wish an AC2 would come out, but all we are going to get is a weird DS version.  WEIRD!

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 02:37:41 AM »

Animal Crossing...oh how I love thee.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2005, 02:44:20 AM »

I think that AC DS will give me everything I wanted from the first AC, and it would be tough to top it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: