http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 09:12:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GBA: Couple of oldies but goodies released next week  (Read 1576 times)
Interloper
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2004, 01:45:56 AM »

OCT 25, specifically:

Metroid
Castlevania
Zelda II

Woohoo!  One step close to Castlevania 2, my favorite game on the NES.  And I loved Zelda II.  Never liked the first one, but hey there's a first for everything  slywink

egrudzin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 02:02:33 AM »

The release of Metroid puzzles me.  The original Metroid is an unlockable in Metroid Zero Mission.  If you like Metroid enough to play the original, wouldn't you rather spend a couple bucks more and get  two games?  Oh well, I'm sure it will sell great anyway.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 02:21:03 AM »

Yeah, you're forgetting that people are stupid.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Draco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 03:49:09 AM »

I know! They re-relese a game that has recently been remade, yet Nindendo ignores other classics like Bionic Commando, Kid Icarus and Castlevania II.  I mean, they put out Ice Breaker for goodness sakes!
Juntei
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 05:33:39 PM »

put out Rygar & Blaster Master!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 05:46:20 PM »

Quote from: "Draco"
I know! They re-relese a game that has recently been remade, yet Nindendo ignores other classics like Bionic Commando, Kid Icarus and Castlevania II.  I mean, they put out Ice Breaker for goodness sakes!

I think they'll get there eventually.

One thing that is unclear to me is what the rights situation is for some of these games.  Up until now most have been Nintendo published titles but Castlevania isn't of course.  For titles like Bionic Commando Capcom would like have a yea or nay (and some level of negotiation beyond that) for it to appear in this series.

Nintendo may end up setting this up like the PS2's Greatest Hits line with a certain minimum number of sales required to be included in the series.
Draco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 02:31:49 PM »

After the first batch of "classics" that came out, Nintendo had a poll for what games we'd like to see re-released.  There were about 40 or so on the list and you could pick 5. I think you could also "write-in." I think Kid Icarus was on the list, but not Bionic Commando.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 02:37:48 PM »

Please tell me Castlevania II was on the list. That game I have to play again in this life time just to remember what it was like. It showed me that games could move beyond straight action or straight puzzles, and it was really cool at the time. Please let it hold up. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 03:05:06 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Please tell me Castlevania II was on the list. That game I have to play again in this life time just to remember what it was like. It showed me that games could move beyond straight action or straight puzzles, and it was really cool at the time. Please let it hold up. smile

I completely agree.  I loved Simon's Quest (still remember the commercial with the box beating like a heart).  Unfortunately Simon's Quest seems to be the black sheep of the Castlevania family something I didn't know back then since I didn't have the internet to tell me what to think.
Draco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 04:07:38 PM »

Sorry, I really don't recall if it was on there or not.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 05:02:48 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
I completely agree.  I loved Simon's Quest (still remember the commercial with the box beating like a heart).  Unfortunately Simon's Quest seems to be the black sheep of the Castlevania family something I didn't know back then since I didn't have the internet to tell me what to think.

Yeah, Simon's Quest (rebuild Dracula like Operation so you can kick his ass again) was the black sheep of the series, but it was also a great game because of it.

So many NES greats Nintendo could bring over to their GBA...

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Draco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004, 06:57:22 PM »

I was going to say I want to see Crystalis, but I forgot it was released as a GBC game.

I loved Simons Quest (awesome music!), but I hope they fix some of the bugs in the game if they re-released. Some of the quests are impossible to do without looking at some sort of walkthrough. Like the whole "kneeling at the cliffs face" one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: