http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 02:19:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GBA...as a flashlight?  (Read 975 times)
Dreamshadow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: June 05, 2005, 12:50:21 AM »

Has anyone ever grabbed their GBA SP when they needed a flashlight?  I just realized it's all I ever reach for if I need one.  And I even have a proper flashlight in the house.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 04:31:51 AM »

Indeed. I often have my DS or GBA with me when I'm putting my daughter to bed, in the vain hope that I could ever play it while she falls asleep. However, it does make it quite easy to check on her.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 05:59:46 AM »

Our power went out a few weeks ago.  I grabbed my GBA, used it to find my way my living room chair, and sat there playing Dragon Warrior 3 until the power came back on smile

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 06:39:33 AM »

Believe it or not!  I test my blood sugar about 8 or 9 times a day (Type I diabetic, the old "Juvenile Onset" type - and if I wake up unsure of why I've awoken, I'll often test it then.  The monitor has a light  for the results, but you still have to see where to stick yourself, where to place the blood drop, etc. - all without waking anyone up -  or yourself too much, for that matter. The GBA SP, then the DS was what i used to accomplish the task.

Modern Medical Science at work! Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 03:26:11 PM »

mytocles, are you familiar with Glucoboy? I don't know if it's actually on the market yet, though.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 01:19:39 PM »

addamsapple - thanks for the post - sorry I missed it when you did it - been wildly crazy around here lately!

Yes, I am familiar with it, although I have kind of lost track of it, so I'm not sure if it's out yet either.  Looks interesting; f it isn't made just for the kiddies, I'd probably get one eventually, depending also on price.  Motivation is the key to good diabetes control, which is why I subscribe to several magazines, am getting an "Insulin is not a Cure" t-shirt, and subscribe to web info on Type 1 Diabetes...  

Are you the person here who's working on it in some way?  There was another post about it a while back.  Or are you a Type 1, or parent of one? PM me if you want to chat it up, or start another thread about it - there's got to be other diabetics here...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: