http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 12:57:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay Gamer hacked  (Read 4726 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 02:13:16 AM »

In one sense I feel that a game site and homo/heterosexuality are mutually exclusive and have no place in one another.  However, just take a look at some of the threads around here that get scantily clad female pictures posted or mentions of "plundering her booty" and you can see that it is quite prevalent here.  Of course that doesn't affect the front page and the actual content of the site, but I can still see it being an attitude some people may want to avoid after a while. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 02:33:00 AM »

Like-minded people enjoy hanging out together.  Nothing new about that.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 03:15:09 AM »

Quote from: denoginizer on August 09, 2007, 02:06:51 AM

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on August 08, 2007, 11:33:04 PM

Quote from: denoginizer on August 08, 2007, 08:02:21 PM

Quote from: Brendan on August 08, 2007, 03:14:16 PM

Quote from: denoginizer on August 08, 2007, 01:38:18 PM

Just keep it out of my face.

Totally.  Heterosexuals like us make sure that our preferences are never flaunted in the media on television, in movies, in books, or newstands.  You'd never know we existed!

Exactly.

Joke or not getting the sarcasm? It's too nuanced for me to tell!

I have found that the only real way to respond to sarcasm is with more sarcasm.

Seriously.  I don't like to see public displays of affection by heterosexual couples either.  If a straight D-Bag ran a web site with a slogan like "for guys who like women with big cans" I wouldn't want any part of that site either.

So you are against Sunday Skin?   ninja

I think this thread has shown more than enough reasons for gay gamers to have their own site.  No one is forcing straight people to go there so I dont see why it is such a big deal.   

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 03:54:34 AM »

Quote from: Purge on August 08, 2007, 09:15:13 PM

Attention CeeKay,

you failed us all. Not even one joke about using DOS to "C-colon-enter" or using a backdoor opening, or even BackOrriface. Even something like monkey-steals-the-peach... God man, what are you doing?

I was leaving it to you to come out with those in your own fabulous alternative style.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 04:21:26 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 09, 2007, 03:54:34 AM

I was leaving it to you to come out with those in your own fabulous alternative style.

Alternative is context sensitive. You have naked men nuzzled up to each other in your avatar.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 04:33:49 AM »

Quote from: Purge on August 09, 2007, 04:21:26 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 09, 2007, 03:54:34 AM

Alternative is context sensitive. You have naked men nuzzled up to each other in your avatar.

they're only naked if you use your imagination  icon_wink

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2007, 04:41:31 AM »

Stop it... STOP IT! GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!!

DooomDoomDooMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOM!!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2007, 05:14:03 AM »

Quote from: GatorFavre on August 09, 2007, 03:15:09 AM

I think this thread has shown more than enough reasons for gay gamers to have their own site.  No one is forcing straight people to go there so I dont see why it is such a big deal.   
The thing is, I think the site is good enough for everybody. Just like Gaming Trend, the place for Console games (as it used to be) was good enough for PC gamers too.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2007, 08:45:17 AM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on August 09, 2007, 05:14:03 AM

The thing is, I think the site is good enough for everybody. Just like Gaming Trend, the place for Console games (as it used to be) was good enough for PC gamers too.

For me, pardon my hetrosexualness, I don't get the whole name-tag thing. If it was to cater to everyone why call it, Gay Gamer?
Would you feel left out, or judged if there was sites called, Hetro Fragger's?
Would you feel like you would want to go there?

Grace: Unmerited favor.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2007, 10:19:30 AM »

Quote from: Arclight on August 09, 2007, 08:45:17 AM

For me, pardon my hetrosexualness, I don't get the whole name-tag thing. If it was to cater to everyone why call it, Gay Gamer?

Are you asking me?  As a married heterosexual male I wouldn't have a problem going to that site, though I would most likely avoid it as it would probably attract the same crowd that thinks Axe body spray is going to get them laid.  No thanks, thats what Spiketv is for.  Also, who said they are trying to cater to everybody? 

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2007, 02:02:16 PM »

Quote from: GatorFavre on August 09, 2007, 10:19:30 AM

Are you asking me?  As a married heterosexual male I wouldn't have a problem going to that site, though I would most likely avoid it as it would probably attract the same crowd that thinks Axe body spray is going to get them laid.  No thanks, thats what Spiketv is for.  Also, who said they are trying to cater to everybody? 

Not you silly......EduardoX....

JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »

All I have to say is that site is "HOOVE".. come back with the definition of that word if you dare. icon_twisted icon_twisted
Its not that cattle crap either.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2007, 03:07:24 PM »

Quote from: juniordan on August 09, 2007, 03:01:04 PM

All I have to say is that site is "HOOVE".. come back with the definition of that word if you dare. icon_twisted icon_twisted
Its not that cattle crap either.

urge to Google resisted!

Because I can,
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2007, 03:12:54 PM »

It DOESN'T cater to everyone, but I'm saying that, regardless, it is a good enough site for everyone.
And usually, the "norm" is considered to be hetero, so lets say there was a site called "Fraggers." I'd automatically assume it was run and populated by hetero people, so to see the tag "Gay" on Gamer means that it is different from the societal norm.
You could say the same about sites like GrrlGamer.com. It caters to "grrls" rather than the "norm," male gamers. That doesn't mean men can't look at the site, though, or that there is nothing worthwhile for men there.

MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2007, 08:12:50 AM »

personally, as a female gamer, i feel more comfortable around the crowd at gaygamer than grrlgamer.  maybe because all the girls i meet on Live sound like militant bitches who want to tear men's throats out...  *shrug*

and i don't think that "singling yourself out" should in any way make hate-related attacks okay.  they didn't have it coming just because they aren't hiding their heads in the sand, and the mere implication of such is indicative of an attitude that perpetuates ignorance, fear, and repression.  "keep your head down and no trouble will come to you" is no way to live your life, no matter what makes you who you are, whether it's gender, sexuality, religion, or whatever.  there's no reason to be so afraid of other people not liking your life choices that you become ashamed of them, and in AMERICA, of all places, it should be safe to be yourself.

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2007, 10:18:42 AM »

Quote from: MerianMoriarty on August 10, 2007, 08:12:50 AM

personally, as a female gamer, i feel more comfortable around the crowd at gaygamer than grrlgamer.  maybe because all the girls i meet on Live sound like militant bitches who want to tear men's throats out...  *shrug*

and i don't think that "singling yourself out" should in any way make hate-related attacks okay.  they didn't have it coming just because they aren't hiding their heads in the sand, and the mere implication of such is indicative of an attitude that perpetuates ignorance, fear, and repression.  "keep your head down and no trouble will come to you" is no way to live your life, no matter what makes you who you are, whether it's gender, sexuality, religion, or whatever.  there's no reason to be so afraid of other people not liking your life choices that you become ashamed of them, and in AMERICA, of all places, it should be safe to be yourself.

I don't believe anyone here is saying, "hide you gayness"...but what "I'm" saying is, why the need to even mention it in gaming circles?
I don't feel the need to let everyone know that I'm hetrosexual........I could care less what people think I am.
It seems that there is a double standard at times....If a man flaunts his hetrosexualness(which is silly)but in any case, he'll probably get labeled homophobic......But if a gay person flaunts their preference they are seen as liberated...........

Keep sex out of the gaming world, and we'll all be happier, well balanced people........

warning

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2007, 11:40:23 AM »

There's less gay people than straight people.  They share something in common that's a huge part of their life and culture and makes them feel different from society as a whole.  It makes sense that there would be bonding based on this, no?

We could certainly make a site called Straightgamer but since most gamers are straight there wouldn't be a point.  It's just a way for like-minded people (who happen to be in a minority) to get together and feel a sense of camaraderie.  I don't think it has anything to do with "flaunting" or "being seen as liberated."
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2007, 01:06:47 PM »

Quote from: warning on August 10, 2007, 11:40:23 AM

There's less gay people than straight people.  They share something in common that's a huge part of their life and culture and makes them feel different from society as a whole.  It makes sense that there would be bonding based on this, no?

We could certainly make a site called Straightgamer but since most gamers are straight there wouldn't be a point.  It's just a way for like-minded people (who happen to be in a minority) to get together and feel a sense of camaraderie.  I don't think it has anything to do with "flaunting" or "being seen as liberated."

And this is what makes the World go round......Opinions....Thats yours, I have mine, they have theirs...Who's right? It doesn't matter.
I still think sexual orientation within in the gaming world is a moot point.,......basically, who cares?

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2007, 01:19:48 PM »

Pick some characteristic of yourself (your ethnic background, your education level, your income level, your religion) and imagine that in the gaming world just about everyone ridicules anyone with that characteristic.  Almost every online game and online forum not only ridicules people like you, your characteristic has become a general insult to throw at anyone who is stupid or annoying.

Even if your characteristic has absolutely nothing to do with gaming, couldn't you see yourself welcoming the sight of little corner of the gaming world where you can find others that are going through the same thing as you?  Where you can talk about games and meet up to play games free from prejudiced people insulting those with your characteristic?
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2007, 01:48:57 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on August 10, 2007, 01:19:48 PM

Pick some characteristic of yourself (your ethnic background, your education level, your income level, your religion) and imagine that in the gaming world just about everyone ridicules anyone with that characteristic. 

Christianity

Almost every online game and online forum not only ridicules people like you, your characteristic has become a general insult to throw at anyone who is stupid or annoying.

Check!

Even if your characteristic has absolutely nothing to do with gaming, couldn't you see yourself welcoming the sight of little corner of the gaming world where you can find others that are going through the same thing as you?

Yep!

Where you can talk about games and meet up to play games free from prejudiced people insulting those with your characteristic?

Absolutely!

Well said pug.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2007, 02:00:26 PM »

According to a batty boy associate I work with.  That site is over the top and almost an insult to gays with the way they are just exploiting them selves. "It like a gay whore house disguised buy the gamer name." "They are not gay. just a bunch of fagots making gay people look like a bunch of ass grabbing cock sucking maniacs."
I think he mad.....I taught if you were gay you are a fagot ain't it the same thing?
there you have it folks from th mouth of a now upset Batty boy.

He still reading and bitching but I ain't typing no more, you got the point. Its time for this topic to burn..... icon_twisted
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:14:20 PM by juniordan » Logged

PS3 Spinks
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2007, 02:02:50 PM »

batty boy?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2007, 02:03:22 PM »

Man, what a gentile.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 10, 2007, 02:02:50 PM

batty boy?

batty boy    
Used in West Indies to refer to someone who is either a homosexual, or is suspected of being a homosexual. Usually is an insult. This is of course a very dangerous situation. See also batti boy and chi chi man. There are many more names. If you are still confused, listen to an Elephant Man CD. 

source: Urban Dictionary

PS3 Spinks
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on August 10, 2007, 10:18:42 AM

I don't believe anyone here is saying, "hide you gayness"...but what "I'm" saying is, why the need to even mention it in gaming circles?
That's my thought as well... really, what does one's sexual preference have to do with what videogames they play?  Do we really need a "StraightGamer.com" or "PolygamousGamer.com"?

Personally, I think I'm going to go register "HappySexyKwanzaGamer.com" right NOW!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:35:32 PM by Laner » Logged
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2007, 02:39:55 PM »

This thread has become a perfect example of why persecuted minority groups try to find like-minded places.  Posting references to Elephant Man lyrics?  "Whore house"?  What the hell is wrong with you?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2007, 02:47:39 PM »

coming soon:  GamerDom.com and GamerSub.com!

PS.  I don't know if those are actual links.  Investigate at your own risk.

Because I can,
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2007, 02:48:56 PM »

Quote from: juniordan on August 10, 2007, 02:12:00 PM

batty boy?

batty boy    
Used in West Indies to refer to someone who is either a homosexual, or is suspected of being a homosexual. Usually is an insult. This is of course a very dangerous situation. See also batti boy and chi chi man. There are many more names. If you are still confused, listen to an Elephant Man CD. 

You are suggesting, in a thread about a hate-inspired attack on queer folks, that we go listen to a CD by a guy who has openly called for the murder of queer folks?
WTF is wrong with you?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2007, 02:50:15 PM »

OK, I think we need some nice lyrics to calm things down.

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide

It's a small, small world

Because I can,
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2007, 02:55:58 PM »

Hey ATB, I found a few sites you may be interested in (or may already know about).
Christian Gamer's Alliance
Christian Gamers Guild
Hardcore Christian Gamer

I don't know if any of these appeal to you, but it may be interesting to know they're out there.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2007, 03:06:51 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on August 10, 2007, 02:55:58 PM

Hey ATB, I found a few sites you may be interested in (or may already know about).
Christian Gamer's Alliance
Christian Gamers Guild
Hardcore Christian Gamer

I don't know if any of these appeal to you, but it may be interesting to know they're out there.

Eddie is my best friend.

If only we could Catan together.

JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2007, 03:19:58 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on August 10, 2007, 02:48:56 PM

Quote from: juniordan on August 10, 2007, 02:12:00 PM

batty boy?

batty boy    

You are suggesting, in a thread about a hate-inspired attack on queer folks, that we go listen to a CD by a guy who has openly called for the murder of queer folks?
WTF is wrong with you?

I haven't suggest anything...the question was asked what is a batty boy... I found the definition.  Copied and past from the urban dictionary....DID I NOT MENTION THE SOURCE???????plus the fag suggested def. 2 instead of 1 which I was going to post...... Chill the fuck out.

PS3 Spinks
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2007, 03:23:12 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 10, 2007, 03:06:51 PM

If only we could Catan together.

you mean backstab and screw each other over in order to win?

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2007, 03:28:31 PM »

Where is this thread headed?  I'm failing to see the point.  I think wonderpug and Brendan have put it pretty nicely - this is why a site like Gay Gamer exists - they can't even enjoy the company of other gamers due to their sexual orientation and the immature and uneducated way that people react to it.  Honestly, I don't care what they do in bed - I'll respect them as gamers - everything else is none of my business.

Back on track or it gets the locked 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2007, 03:50:22 PM »

I cannot begin to understand why the presence or absence of virtually anything on the internet offends.  If it doesn't appeal to you, you are always free to not look at it.  If you want it and it's not there, create it.  This is not the stupidest conversation I've ever seen on the internet, and honestly, it doesn't really come close.  But it's still pretty stupid.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2007, 03:52:47 PM »

Also.  Juniordan.  You must learn to spell and use grammar, just a little bit.  I cannot for the life of me understand what you are ranting about.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2007, 04:09:19 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on August 10, 2007, 03:50:22 PM

I cannot begin to understand why the presence or absence of virtually anything on the internet offends. 

Both your presence and absence on the internet offend me.  However, I feel compelled to look and not look at the same time. What a cruel medium this is.
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2007, 09:42:38 PM »

ATB, you're a jackass.  *rofl*

seriously, though... as someone who frequents gaygamer, i can tell you that -- just like every other online community -- there are cool people and there are douchebags.  but it's not some porno love nest, or anything ridiculous like that, any more than GT is *glares at the boys who do their best to make the Sunday Skin thread as non-worksafe as possible*.  hacking any site for the purpose of spamming hateful words is just idiotic and repugnant.  if you have that kind of time, you shouldn't waste it on hate.  calm down, you'll live longer.

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
unbreakable
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2007, 10:41:41 PM »

I think teh intarnetwebtubes are big enough for any website one can imagine.  If someone wants pages dedicated to being gay and playing video games taking up space on their web server, it's not costing me any money.  More power to 'em.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2007, 01:27:25 AM »

Quote from: MerianMoriarty on August 10, 2007, 09:42:38 PM

ATB, you're a jackass.  *rofl*

seriously, though... as someone who frequents gaygamer, i can tell you that -- just like every other online community -- there are cool people and there are douchebags.  but it's not some porno love nest, or anything ridiculous like that, any more than GT is *glares at the boys who do their best to make the Sunday Skin thread as non-worksafe as possible*.  hacking any site for the purpose of spamming hateful words is just idiotic and repugnant.  if you have that kind of time, you shouldn't waste it on hate.  calm down, you'll live longer.

Hardcore Porno Gamer

.com

nod

Because I can,
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: