http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 11:12:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gauntlet : Seven Sorrows  (Read 729 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2005, 08:02:40 AM »

The new Game Informer has a preview of the new Gauntlet game in development by Midway.  The concept behind the game comes from John Romero, while Josh Sawyer (of Black Isle fame is lead designer).  Other than the four character types and the hack and slash gameplay, the game looks very different from the earlier titles.  It looks to have a serious, dramatic storyline, involving the characters helping the world's emperor die in peace by setting right the seven sorrows he created with bad decisions.  
The screenshots look beautiful, with an apparent mix of medieval and Asian design.  Also, the characters (including an acrobatic Lancer and masked Tragedian) will have special attacks and multi-character junction attacks that involve minigames, such as directing shards at enemies using the analog sticks, and then pressing them in to hit the enemies.  It looks very intriguing, especially the world they're creating for the game.  Hopefully, there will be an official announcement soon, since the game is scheduled for October.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 02:42:14 AM »

Speaking of the world, I noticed there was a Gauntlet book at the bookstore the other day.  Might not have anything to do with what they are attempting to create since I didn't pick it up, but I thought it was interesting.  Particularly since there wasn't much story to contend with in Gauntlet: Dark Legacy.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 04:53:37 AM »

Well, there had always been rumors of a Gauntlet game with both Romero and Tom Hall on it.  Things have been very quiet since it was first rumored though.  Midway has been doing a lot of PR lately, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this announced soon or at least at E3.

The basic question of course is: will we be Romero's bitch again? (the man will NEVER live this down as long as he lives...he can blow it off and say it wasn't his idea, but no one will ever forget)

Xbox Live: AgtFox
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 02:16:48 AM »

OK...as long as Romero doesn't screw it up, this game has gone straight to my buy column.  Gamespot has a preview up.  And if you can watch the trailer you will see that you can...play 4 player co-op online!  That's enough by itself to hook me.

Once again though, Romero better not screw this up.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: